Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Doesn't work that great even if you have a lot of talent in the team, because you also meet teams with top talent in it but who also have more ideas about what to do with it.

Martial is a big big talent and he's rubbing the bench right now. Talent is also cultivated, and Mourinho has proven to be quite shit at that in recent years.
A clear example is Argentina. They have world class attacking talents to spare and waste yet hardly manage scoring goals during the qualifiers.

Just putting in top attackers and asking them to win you games only happens in FIFA.

NinjaFletch

FWIW I don't really get the moaning in this thread today. We've played decently against what is a very good Spurs side, and asked more questions of them than they have of us.

Of course they've had their moments but they're an incredibly good side and people are being daft if they expected them not to be a very difficult game for us.

We might go on to win, and we might go on to lose, but I think we've approached it correctly and looked to get on the front foot against a good team.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ideal performance ? Apart from the 3 points there's hardly anything with that performance that is ideal ? Barely stringing passes together and generally hoofing it up hoping for the best
Thought we were great against top opposition. We were never going to dominate against them, but we managed to create the better chances and deserved the points.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
FWIW I don't really get the moaning in this thread today. We've played decently against what is a very good Spurs side, and asked more questions of them than they have of us.

Of course they've had their moments but they're an incredibly good side and people are being daft if they expected them not to be a very difficult game for us.

We might go on to win, and we might go on to lose, but I think we've approached it correctly and looked to get on the front foot against a good team.
It was pathetic. I got myself banned from the matchday thread to avoid that shite but it’s infested the whole forum. Whiny little bitches who can’t understand why their team won’t shit on everyone they play for 90 minutes. We were clearly the better team today and deserved to win but Spurs are about as tough a nut to crack as we’ll face all season. Could easily have been 3 nil too.

Home&Away

Don't belittle LVG - the formation ingrained in our squad is down to him with the key players being down to Jose.

Godfather

It was pathetic. I got myself banned from the matchday thread to avoid that shite but it’s infested the whole forum. Whiny little bitches who can’t understand why their team won’t shit on everyone they play for 90 minutes. We were clearly the better team today and deserved to win but Spurs are about as tough a nut to crack as we’ll face all season. Could easily have been 3 nil too.
Couln't agree more.

Minimalist

You sound completely reasonable..

el3mel

Typical Mourinho, grind draws from big teams away and defeat them easily home.

Huddersfield was the only terrible result but his criticism for the players got them to show some guts today and returned us to right track.

Kag

Your own expectations have dropped considerably.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Professional is the word you'd use to describe the team's performances. Spurs had one chance in the entire game. We knew what we had to do and did it to a tee. Never in danger of losing the game

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Agreed.

Traub

It's ridiculous. This was a tough battle and, IMO, our best performance of the season.

JohnnyKills

Still huge question marks for me.

Our attacking play is dire; I'd say the football was better last year. We're relying on 80s-style hoofball to score goals and we've got one of the most talented young players in the world on the bench.

Mourinho's a great defensive coach - I can't imagine there are too many defences in world football stronger than ours right now - but, attacking-wise, it's horrible to watch at times.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Well said!

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
:lol:

I love the exaggeration, as if the problem was that we didn't shit on Tottenham or dominated them and that's why people are unhappy with how we played. It's usually an effective way to ruin a debate, people tend to fall for it.

Kag

If this game finished 0-0 then people would have a very different summation of the quality of football displayed there. Come on, it was largely shite. We all want Mourinho to do well but, feck me, we're just not very good at this attacking football thing.

Defensively, ay, we're smashing. But this forum was 10 minutes and Verthonghen not switching off away from meltdown, and it's understandable why.

JohnnyKills

If this game finished 0-0 then people would have a very different summation of the quality of football displayed there. Come on, it was largely shite. We all want Mourinho to do well but, feck me, we're just not very good at this attacking football thing.

Defensively, ay, we're smashing. But this forum was 10 minutes and Verthonghen not switching off away from meltdown, and it's understandable why.
Get your tin hat on mate, you'll need it after that post.

NinjaFletch

Because the forum is infested with absolute idiots who don't understand the game?

Tottenham are one of the best teams in the country, these games are always tight, cagey, and decided by fine margins. Anyone that expected us to turn up and steamroll them is absolutely deluded.

JohnnyKills

Because the forum is infested with absolute spackers who don't understand the game?

Tottenham are one of the best teams in the country, these games are always tight, cagey, and decided by fine margins. Anyone that expected us to turn up and steamroll them is absolutely deluded.
Careful mate.

jungledrums

Very well said.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Why? Because this forum is infested with whiny little bitches. See above.

R'hllor

:lol: You went so far in one side that you probably hit a wall. Nobody wants their team to shit on everyone for 90 min, thats not why bitches (how you said) complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.