Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Typical Mourinho, grind draws from big teams away and defeat them easily home.

Huddersfield was the only terrible result but his criticism for the players got them to show some guts today and returned us to right track.
There was nothing easy about this game though was there?

The Bloody-Nine

Yeah there's no way we're as poor as we were under LVG. But given the money Mourinho's spent and the time he's had, we should be better than we are.
He's had just over a season. Spurs finished 17 points ahead of us last season. We won and we deserved to.

el3mel

It's clear some here are counting the days till Jose leaves even if he wins the quadruple, for those " ignore " is the best option.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
FAO whiney bitches.

Anthony Martial’s late goal secures a precious three points for Manchester United! They’ll remain on Manchester City’s tail; Spurs by contrast could be eight adrift by the end of the day, depending on how Pep Guardiola’s side do at West Bromwich Albion. Spurs will rue Dele Alli’s miss just before Martial’s decisive strike, but in truth United were the better side in the second half and always the most likely to snatch the win. United close to within two of City at the top, for a couple of hours at least.
Not my opinion. Taken from Guardian minute by minute.

Kag

Huh? What do you know about my expectations? Hard won victories at home against the best teams in the league are always a good thing. Always have been. It wasn’t even a smash and grab ffs. We were the better team.
Because you seem to take issue with posters that are (quite rightly, in my opinion) unhappy with the quality of attacking football we play. It wasn't a smash and grab, you're right, but it was a game lacking in attacking quality. Had we drew the game without scoring then the criticism in here would be fierce and it's understandable why. We seldom looked like hitting the net for much of the game. I personally think you would expect better.

Womp

idiot
Tottenham never really looked like winning. Despite them dominating posession, we created the better chances. Wasn't easy by any means, but Spurs are the best team in the Country imo. We did what we had to do, we were the better team imo and created the better chances and won.

mu4c_20le

Yeah there's no way we're as poor as we were under LVG. But given the money Mourinho's spent and the time he's had, we should be better than we are.
Very similar philosophy. Mhki is Jose's di maria, but he has a much better striker in Lukaku over Falcao. This plaec would be completely different if Alli had taken his chance, and rightfully so. It was an even game unless for some reason you completely ignore the first half and only go by the second.

NinjaFletch

Because you seem to take issue with posters that are (quite rightly, in my opinion) unhappy with the quality of attacking football we play. It wasn't a smash and grab, you're right, but it was a game lacking in attacking quality. Had we drew the game without scoring then the criticism in here would be fierce and it's understandable why. We seldom looked like hitting the net for much of the game.
Weren't unhappy when we were blowing teams away 4-0 were they?

el3mel

And was it supposed to be a 3-0 win to be an easy one ? We were playing against one of the best defenses in the league without our main creator.

Minimalist

Why? Because this forum is infested with whiny little bitches. See above.
Aren’t you the one who said LVG made you dislike watching United and football?

Now anyone complaining (or questioning/discussing to be exact) is a little whiny bitch? Pretty childish stuff.

JohnnyKills

Now anyone complaining (or questioning/discussing to be exact) is a little whiny bitch? Pretty childish stuff.
Yeah agreed. Just trying to silence anyone who disagrees with childish name-calling is pathetic, to be honest.

The Bloody-Nine

He has a valid point, though. The whining from a large portion of the forum, especially in match day threads is ridiculous.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Had us playing with great intensity and focus today. Football will improve when injuries clear up. Personally I quite like our somewhat cynical style, we're looking like proper warriors at times. I would not want to play against us at all, really loved the frustration of some of the Spurs players.

Not sure if we can match City for individual quality this year, but in terms of mentality we look ready.

Kag

Weren't unhappy when we were blowing teams away 4-0 were they?
Depends who you're referring to. Personally, I wasn't too impressed because in spite of the late flurries I still wasn't all that convinced about our ability to score goals against well drilled sides. I don't think some of those score lines really reflected the overall quality of each performance either.

On the whole, I'm not convinced about us and (even though I'm pleasantly surprised we won today) I think there's some real struggle to come.

Minimalist

He has a valid point, though. The whining from a large portion of the forum, especially in match day threads is ridiculous.
There’s a large area for reasonable conversation from both ends without trying to insult people and their opinion.

Stating that we were hoofing the ball an awful lot in the first half is not extreme or whining. It’s what we saw.

shaky

He's been here a little over one season and 3 of his signings have been out injured. Don't really know what more you can expect so far.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Again with the baffling comments. Blows my mind that anyone could have watched us this season and compared the entertainment value with life under Van Gaal. Like what the feck?? :confused:

The Bloody-Nine

There’s a large area for reasonable conversation from both ends without trying to insult people and their opinion.

Stating that we were hoofing the ball an awful lot in the first half is not extreme or whining. It’s what we saw.
That's not what he's talking about, though. "Player A is shite, we're shite, etc, etc."

No perspective whatsoever.

NinjaFletch

Depends who you're referring to. Personally, I wasn't too impressed because in spite of the late flurries I still wasn't all that convinced about our ability to score goals against well drilled sides. I don't think some of those score lines really reflected the overall quality of each performance either.

On the whole, I'm not convinced about us and (even though I'm pleasantly surprised we won today) I think there's some real struggle to come.
See, there's bits of this post I agree with. I just don't think any of those complaints are at all relevant to todays game which was a standard tussle between two sides gunning for honours.

Minimalist

Again with the baffling comments. Blows my mind that anyone could have watched us this season and compared the entertainment value with life under Van Gaal. Like what the feck?? :confused:
Completely irrelevant to my point. Well done.
That's not what he's talking about, though. "Player A is shite, we're shite, etc, etc."
That’s not what’s going on in here.

el3mel

Love it! Get Pogba back and grind out a win against Chelsea and they'll be flying.
If Pogba had been playing today I think we would have won much more easily.

His return will be vital for our system.

Hojoon

He hasn't really changed from what he was a few years ago when a lot of people were creaming themselves whenever his name was mentioned. The difference is he's been around for over a decade now.

Social Faux Pas

Can't understand the moaning here. Spurs are one of the toughest oppositions we will face this season here at Old Trafford and we won against them.

If you look at the game tactically, they had 4 v 2 in the center and made the pitch very narrow for us to play out in the first half. Naturally, Matic and Herrera had a hard time sticking the passes together in that congested area. Micky had to come deep to receive the ball and had so many bodies to go through or thread the ball to the forwards. That's why we miss Pogba so much.

The problem for us in the first half was that we weren't able to switch the wings quickly, a lot of our build-up is so slow that gives these high pressing sides to cover the field rather easily. We did switch the play better in the second half and created few decent opportunities from wide areas. We looked like the only team who is going to win it in the second-half, which we did.

I will take this result and performance any day of the year.

Reactions: KM

Hawks2008

Thought it was a bit of a boring performance and we lacked creativity once again. Fair enough, Spurs have a great defence. Happy with the result I guess but next week vs Chelsea is more important IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.