Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Blood Mage

He's done out there. Such a dinosaur. He should take a break for a couple of years and maybe develop a new way of playing and study new tactics. He has to reinvent himself, or he might as well just retire. It's unbelievable that his teams still don't press at least.

RUCK4444

He's done out there. Such a dinosaur. He should take a break for a couple of years and maybe develop a new way of playing and study new tactics. He has to reinvent himself, or he might as well just retire. It's unbelievable that his teams still don't press at least.
Yeah his ego and stubbornness are his biggest downfall, he thinks he can still beat everyone his way and won’t allow himself to learn a new approach and reinvent himself.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm so conflicted about Jose. I want him to find some level of success now that he's out of this league, but I can't help but also find joy in his misery.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Few things make me happier in football than Jose Mourinho failing. Even when it seems to happen on a weekly basis these days
It's becoming pretty much routine now, but I too still enjoy the dumpsterfire.

Irwin99

Not a great start to the season but wasn't top 4 his aim and he's in 5th place now? I don't know much about the situation over there but Roma seem to be a Spursy type of club over the past few years (a far cry from the days of Totti and De Rossi) and I doubt he was expected to win the league in his first season.

Edit- didn't realize Atalanta were 9 points clear of 5th

largelyworried

Not a great start to the season but wasn't top 4 his aim and he's in 5th place now? I don't know much about the situation over there but Roma seem to be a Spursy type of club over the past few years (a far cry from the days of Totti and De Rossi) and I doubt he was expected to win the league in his first season.

Also, they won their first three games on the spin. Over the last 13 games they've got just 16 points, so they're in really poor form.

BorisManUtd

9 points off top 4. Don't follow Roma or Seria A much so don't know if Roma are expected to do better than that but don't think he improved them since he took over, Roma had 33 points after 16 games last season, now they have 25. They'll go through their Conference League group but that was always expected. If the situation doesn't improve in next month or two I could see Roma sacking him.

KingCavani

They have brutal fixtures coming up. He’ll be sacked after the Juventus game in January.

prateik

Well past his sell by date... stinks the place up everywhere he goes..

Bole Top

whoever gives him big contract these days deserves sacking before him. he can't improve teams anymore. if you give him a good team, it will never become a very good one. it will remain in the same state for a while and then simply regress. the only way for him to win these days is to manage in one of those countries that has one champion for eternity, similar to BL. but even then it makes more sense to go with younger, hungrier coach. Mou's experience means nothing in 2021.

Red Royal

I shouldn't be surprised at how quickly it has gone sour. Was hoping he would be secure in January and take some of our deadwood. Doesn't look likely now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
ironic that he called pogba a virus, when the truth is HE was the virus all along. everywhere he goes follows misery and the death of teams.

He has such a horrible ego.

GuyfromAustria

It's incredible that this guy will surely get another very well paid job after being sacked.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Top 4 is pretty much over unless they win about 5 games in a row.

Problem for them is think it's a cert that Juve will be above them now they've woken from their malaise and I'd fancy Lazio to be above them aswell soon and then you have dangerous floaters like Sassuolo and Verona who can both pick up good wins.

Difficult to continue Mourinho cult if he's finishing 8th or 9th in a major league. I suspect like at Spurs he won't last the full season anyway.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's amazing theres still people here that instinctively jump to his defence, trying to explain why things maybe aren't as bad as they look, typically from folks who never watch Roma or have any sense of what the expectations are. It's just a reflex action. He did so little to build any goodwill here, so most of that is defending some version of Mourinho that existed in the 2000s. Weird that people built that kind of affinity with an opposition manager, especially given he's always been a knob.

always_hoping

Like I said with Rafa Benitez, fair play to the agents for getting theses gigs but surely clubs appointing him and Jose should know they are well past their best.

Irwin99

It's amazing theres still people here that instinctively jump to his defence, trying to explain why things maybe aren't as bad as they look, typically from folks who never watch Roma or have any sense of what the expectations are. It's just a reflex action. He did so little to build any goodwill here, so most of that is defending some version of Mourinho that existed in the 2000s. Weird that people built that kind of affinity with an opposition manager, especially given he's always been a knob.
It is looking that way-that he's a dinosaur who has long since stopped being the 'special one'- but although I can't say I was ever a huge fan of his I was inclined to believe that he threw his toys out of the pram in his third season here and that Spurs are... well, they're just Spurs and that even Conte has said this is his biggest challenge dealing with that lot. It is looking bad for him though and maybe people including myself have been giving him too much the benefit of the doubt. Doubt he'll ever get a big managerial club job ever again at this rate if this project fails.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Round 16 comparison
SeasonManagerGDPoints
2019/20Zorro29-1632
2020/21Zorro35-2433
2021/22The indemnizated one24-1925

Already getting behind on points, despite having 100M to spend.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
"He would have won the league if he was backed" :lol:

Wonder what Roma fans are thinking, maybe Jose fans signed up on Roma forums telling how it's everyone's fault except the toxic one.

prateik

Was looking at the table.. they are 8 points behind 4th.. what were their expectations at the start of the season?

InfiniteBoredom

Was looking at the table.. they are 8 points behind 4th.. what were their expectations at the start of the season?
Top 4 would be the aim, I’m sure.

The thing is, they won their first 3 games and that raised expectations a bit, but then went on to get only 19 in 14 games, which is pretty bleak.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They finished 7th last season and haven't managed to get top 4 for a few years.

If they though Tammy Abraham and the Wolves goalie was going to get them into the champions league, their fans are a bit mental.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
To do better than last season, be competitive and hopefully try to make top 4

It's Rome though, so expectations from the fans are mental

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think he’s completely washed up. I said when he left us I think he was the worst manager in the Premier League and I stand by that, not a single team he would improve in the prem at his current level.

BorisManUtd

28 points after 17 games. Not great, not terrible I guess. Roma's next 4 games are against Atalanta (A), Sampdoria (H), Milan (A), Juventus (H). They'll probably beat Sampdoria but other 3 games are much more difficult.

UpWithRivers

Need to send in Ole after he's sacked. Mourinho goes in and turns everything into darkness and then Ole comes in and brings in the cheer.

KingCavani

Round 16 comparison
SeasonManagerGDPoints
2019/20Zorro29-1632
2020/21Zorro35-2433
2021/22The indemnizated one24-1925

Already getting behind on points, despite having 100M to spend.
Lost Dzeko and Spinazzola who were their best players by some way. Zaniola hasn’t really kicked on either. They just look bereft of talent and the squad is paper thin. Abraham does so much good but his finishing has killed them.

Sad to see. Roma were always among my favourites growing up due to Totti, Batistuta, De Rossi etc. It’s a long way back for them and I can’t see Jose lasting long with that squad the way it is.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Jose invested heavily over summer where other clubs were mostly dormant. He sanctioned Abraham and Shomurodov signings for close to 60 milions, and look at them now.

Unless he's somehow managed to make their squad weaker over summer despite spending huge amount of money for their standards, then he should have no excuses. Fonseca outperformed him in past two seasons, yet what he did was sackable offense. Surely standards should be even higher for Jose.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Lost Dzeko and Spinazzola who were their best players by some way. Zaniola hasn’t really kicked on either. They just look bereft of talent and the squad is paper thin. Abraham does so much good but his finishing has killed them.

Sad to see. Roma were always among my favourites growing up due to Totti, Batistuta, De Rossi etc. It’s a long way back for them and I can’t see Jose lasting long with that squad the way it is.
He had 100M € of investment, something that they never had since the early 2000's. And Spinazzola was also injured in a lot of games last season, and he wasn't that much rated before the Euro. Dzeko signed for a superb contract, can't really blame him at 35 y.o. being pai so well.

The problems on Roma squad were strangely not addressed: the RB position wasn't fixed and they still lack a more aggressive midfielder and a center back with more awareness. I do think they spent strange money on players like Kumbula, Shomurodov or whatever his name is written and Viña who wasn't even a top left back at Palmeiras (he wasn't always the first choice).

Abraham was a bit overpriced, but that's usually the price bar for english players who play in the Premier League and I do think he's a good player, despite not being the most clinical striker.

tomaldinho1

I do actually miss him in the PL, I wonder if Newcastle might panic sing him if Howe can’t get clear of the drop.