Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Throwing his players under the bus in public shocker. Will go down well? Still don't get why he's kept on working when from the outside it looks like he obviously needs a sabbatical and to find some joy for about 5 years.

The old Jose could still make a comeback at some point.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Even if Karsdorp is guilty I’m on his side

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Roma fans seem to have pinpointed Karsdorp to be the player he's talking about, and they all agree with Jose.
Yeah, they've had some damning things to say about Karsdrop. What they've said reminds me of football training, a guy came 35 minutes late when we were in the middle of doing fitness drills. By the end we were dead on our feet, and the guy that was late said, "my legs are gone." The gaffer called him to the side, and we never saw him again.

EtH

Throwing his players under the bus in public shocker. Will go down well? Still don't get why he's kept on working when from the outside it looks like he obviously needs a sabbatical and to find some joy for about 5 years.

The old Jose could still make a comeback at some point.
I can’t imagine how miserable it must be playing for him these days.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Poor Karsdorp. Not because of this, but because despite the fact that he's not a bad player he has the burden of being living proof that you can in fact be too dumb to play professional football.

Well, not really, but still. Thickest cnut in the sport.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Seems to always have these betrayers at every club

TheRedHearted

One of the best managers of the past needs his own manager. He needs help with the way he deals with issues and when he feels betrayed. He could very well be a full blown narcissist i used to thinking it was just old school thinking

Scottynaldinho

What has happened to him? I've never seen a manager go from an absolute world-class level to this level at an age where he should be even better than ever. He hasn't even enjoyed a good season for how long?

I'm not sure he can do it now even with unlimited funds like City.

Last edited:

BorisManUtd

For some reason thought about this possibility yesterday. While it may be too soon as he's at Roma, it would be hard to refuse this kind of offer.

Foxbatt

For some reason thought about this possibility yesterday. While it may be too soon as he's at Roma, it would be hard to refuse this kind of offer.
Now that would be very interesting. Especially if he falls out with CR who wants to continue.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
He is finished. No major club will take him. There is no pathway for him to manage a top European club.

If Portugal offer him the job, take it, because he wont get a better offer.

Ladron de redcafe

On the other hand he’s 1 point off second in Serie A.
We'll refer to his words. "2nd place is the best of the losers. You win or you don't win."

He shouldn't be expected to win the league, but to put things into perspective, he's won just 1 league, zero UCLs, zero domestic cups over the last DECADE. I agree with Gooner. He's not going to be offered a top job again. He'll effectively turned into late years Arsene Wenger, but even Wenger won FA cups during that time.

Pintu

We'll refer to his words. "2nd place is the best of the losers. You win or you don't win."

He shouldn't be expected to win the league, but to put things into perspective, he's won just 1 league, zero UCLs, zero domestic cups over the last DECADE. I agree with Gooner. He's not going to be offered a top job again. He'll effectively turned into late years Arsene Wenger, but even Wenger won FA cups during that time.
Finally someone agreeing that ”Carabao Cup” is worthless…

But to be fair it all depends what club you are coaching. Given how easy his half of the table turned, they should have made the Coppa seminal (and the final). It is going to be a big failure of his season (now likely to be trophyless). But at the same time, if they make the top 4 (would be a first in 5 years for Roma) and if he goes far in the EL, it will be deemed an acceptable and good enough season for them…

The comparison with Wenger’s later stages is the right one. Unable to fight for big titles. Good enough for some Cups. Let’s not forget, he recently broke Roma’s long trophy drought (albeit in UEFA’s own version of the Carabao).

Ladron de redcafe

@Pintu yes, I did mean the main domestic cup. The FA cup/Copa del rey since the second cup doesn't even have an equivalent in many leagues and has always been considered a "lesser" trophy.

Maybe you're right about the cup draw, and that's gone as well for this season.

Irwin99

Finally someone agreeing that ”Carabao Cup” is worthless…

But to be fair it all depends what club you are coaching. Given how easy his half of the table turned, they should have made the Coppa seminal (and the final). It is going to be a big failure of his season (now likely to be trophyless). But at the same time, if they make the top 4 (would be a first in 5 years for Roma) and if he goes far in the EL, it will be deemed an acceptable and good enough season for them…

The comparison with Wenger’s later stages is the right one. Unable to fight for big titles. Good enough for some Cups. Let’s not forget, he recently broke Roma’s long trophy drought (albeit in UEFA’s own version of the Carabao).

Imagine saying to people that you've won trophies with every club you've managed...except for Spurs. Would anyone really hold that against him? :lol:

Pintu

Imagine saying to people that you've won trophies with every club you've managed...except for Spurs. Would anyone really hold that against him? :lol:
Haha. The history of Tottenham as Chiellini would say..

But actually it’s “Every club since Porto…”. Because this isn’t true of his first 2. He coached a poor Benfica side for 3 months and left when the president who recruited him lost the club elections… He then managed Uniao de Leiria (20 games total)… He worked well with Uniao and it probably helped him get the Porto job immediately afterwards.

Sylar

I still find it funny that spurs and levy got Jose to win a trophy, he got them to a final (the draw and teams faced doesn't matter), then he's sacked on the week of the final and replaced by an ex player who wasn't even managing (and of course lose the final)

jm99

He is finished. No major club will take him. There is no pathway for him to manage a top European club.

If Portugal offer him the job, take it, because he wont get a better offer.
I thought they gave martinez the job already. The guy who achieved nothing with belgium's golden generation somehow immediately getting another job

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Now that he's won the premier league with Manchester United, how does he rank among the all time greats?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Definitely top 3 now. Thanks Jose for the title :drool:

Robbie Boy

I see Roma are third in Serie A. I've caught a-few of their games this season, and their football is really, really bad.

BorisManUtd

"Finishing 2nd with United is one of my biggest achievements" he knew what he was saying whole time :)