Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Mourinho will serve a two-game ban, starting with Sunday evening’s game against Juventus at the Stadio Olimpico.

The official Serie A press release states that Mourinho faces sanctions: “For having contested a refereeing decision in a forceful and provocative manner in the second minute of the second half and repeating this behaviour at the time of sending off.”

“Furthermore, for entering the referees’ dressing room and addressing the fourth official with offensive expressions and inferences at the end of the match.”

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I was quite the Jose fanboy before his time here, it’s amazing how little I care for him now after how he acted when he was in charge and what he did to the fan base. Such a toxic, unpleasant and miserable period. It was bleak, so bleak I am amazed how so many Utd fans still have a soft spot for him, I don’t hate him, in reality I just think he’s a bit of a plonker now.
Exactly this. I stopped posting on redcafe for a long period when he was our manager, at times missed games regularly/wasn’t even bothered to check results immediately when I missed games, etc. It was all so miserable that even when he got sacked and Ole joined, it still took me several months to start watching us again regularly and with interest.
This wouldn’t have happened with prime Jose, but I just could not believe that we were that stupid to hire him after what happened at Chelsea in 2015/16.

mu4c_20le

I don't think he's done particularly good or bad. He did spend 100M last season so needs a CL finish to be a success.

BorisManUtd

Getting to the CL SF under Fonseca really wasn't that long ago, let's not make out they're some minnow. Aside from Dzeko not sure their team back then was that much stronger than they have now.

Edit: Di Francesco was in charge for that tie and they finished 3rd in Serie A. Fonesca finished 5th and 6th in his seasons so Mourinho roughly in line to match that, see if he can make a europa SF.
Yeah they finished in top 4 in 2018 but that was 5 years ago so it's not long ago but been some time certainly.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
I saw somewhere that Jose Mourinho has more red cards than any player this season in Serie A.. What a legend..

philnguyen1994

Some West Ham fans reckon he's replacing Moyes. Knowing Mourinho, he's probably just trolling.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
We're not getting rid of Mourinho before the season ends, its gonna a really dumb move. The team isn't playing all that well and for the time he's here, I wish I saw massive improvement in the style of play or the results. Unfortunately, he's a one trick pony and teams are starting to figure out our weaknesses at the back. Added to that, we aren't scoring a lot of goals. I know this sounds like reasons to sack him but it does (for now) seem like the players like him.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
We're not getting rid of Mourinho before the season ends, its gonna a really dumb move. The team isn't playing all that well and for the time he's here, I wish I saw massive improvement in the style of play or the results. Unfortunately, he's a one trick pony and teams are starting to figure out our weaknesses at the back. Added to that, we aren't scoring a lot of goals. I know this sounds like reasons to sack him but it does (for now) seem like the players like him.
You will get Conte next year and mount a very serious run at the scudetto…

autte

Supports
Poggibonsi
We create a lot of chances but we're allergic to scoring (when it matters). That's the main problem. Roma have the 3rd highest xG and the worst conversion rate in the league. If only we could score once every 5 shots, we'd be cruising in top-3.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We create a lot of chances but we're allergic to scoring (when it matters). That's the main problem. Roma have the 3rd highest xG and the worst conversion rate in the league. If only we could score once every 5 shots, we'd be cruising in top-3.
This. It may not always be pretty, but roma are generally very effective at playing the game they want. Their downfall has been finishing, which was already true last season

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He's doing a great job at Roma.

Won't be surprised if he wins the Europa. Love him or hate him the guy's a born winner.

Saw him being linked to West Ham and Chelsea recently......

What happened to Tammy? He was doing well and was being linked to big clubs like United only a while back?

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Say what you want about the man but he has shown time and again that he's a decent human being in real life. He's only a cnut when he's managing.

Also doing a great job at Roma. Serial winner as usual.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Say what you want about the man but he has shown time and again that he's a decent human being in real life. He's only a cnut when he's managing.

Strangely worded. So if he wasn't a great man, or a friend, or didn't have kids, that shit would have been OK?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Why does it look like he was able to control a crowd of thousands with his hand?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Doing very well, 3rd in the table and have a 5 point gap over Inter in 5th.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Strangely worded. So if he wasn't a great man, or a friend, or didn't have kids, that shit would have been OK?
I think it's translated. Plus it's not his first language either way.

Probably meant that he came to his rescue by going against the Roma fans in the middle of a game because he was his friend and a great guy.

Why does it look like he was able to control a crowd of thousands with his hand?
Very few managers come close to the aura and charisma Jose has.

BorisManUtd

2021/22 - 6th in Serie A and won ECL
2022/23 - currently 4th in Serie A and into 1/2 finals of Europa League.

I'd say his Roma stint so far has been his most successful since 1st part of United career or even since winning the PL with Chelsea in 2015.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Having a good season again despite some meltdowns

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
How is Smalling doing for Roma these days?
He's been absolutely brilliant for Roma throughout.

Thought he had fallen out with Jose at United?

Absolutely excellent defensively. Such a beast in the opponent's box from set plays.

Someone

Something
Someone needs to bring him back to the premier league just for the entertainment. Think he'd do a great job for Chelsea on the current budget.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
The GOAT is back!!!!!

Getting the best out of Dybala despite his injury struggles. Just like he got the best out of Kane. Man knows how to galvanize forwards. Has revived the career of El Shaarawy and Spinazzola after the big injury. Turned local lads Pellegrini, Cristante(still bang average he is) and especially Mancini into responsible leaders and definite starters. Brought through youngsters like Zalewski, Ibanez and Kumbulla. The supporters absolutely adore him.

He broke their trophy drought and made them winners. Made the home stadium into a bit of a fortress.

Jose Mourinho would have won that final for Spurs if Levy didn't sack him right before the final. Serial winner.

He's doing an absolutely splendid job in Roma. If you give him total authority and control which managers like Pep and Klopp get at their clubs, he'll give you the results. If you side with clowns like Pogba and Martial, you'll get zilch as a club. It's that simple.

There's a reason why this guy is proven right most of the time. Look at Dele Alli now.

Bobski

Looks like he is doing better than Maguire does for Manchester United :( That upgrade transfer hasnt really worked out well.
Smalling was the best CB Utd had between the end of Rio and Vida to Licha and Varane. Flaws and all

BorisManUtd

He's doing an absolutely splendid job in Roma. If you give him total authority and control which managers like Pep and Klopp get at their clubs, he'll give you the results. If you side with clowns like Pogba and Martial, you'll get zilch as a club. It's that simple.

There's a reason why this guy is proven right most of the time. Look at Dele Alli now.
With all the respect for Jose and I want him to win the Europa but (unless you're trolling) you're idolising Mourinho a bit. United were right to sack him when they did and so were Chelsea back in 2015, it just turned toxic which often happens with Jose after couple of seasons. And there's a reason he's managing Roma these days and not likes of Real Madrid like in the past. He could make a comeback at the very top, we don't know it, but let's not act like he hasn't been on a decline for years now.

ti vu

He's been absolutely brilliant for Roma throughout.

Thought he had fallen out with Jose at United?

Absolutely excellent defensively. Such a beast in the opponent's box from set plays.
Mourinho pushed his players to the max. Expectation here would mean Smalling was still at the level we aspire to reach hence Mourinho was not entirely satisfied with him. However at Roma, Smalling is more than good enough, so pretty much you never heard a bad thing between the two. His interview with Joe Cole last season revealed his approach to motivation method. Joe Cole and Mourinho surprisingly now are on good terms post Joe Cole's retirement.

Expectation level is everything.

mu4c_20le

Mourinho pushed his players to the max. Expectation here would mean Smalling was still at the level we aspire to reach hence Mourinho was not entirely satisfied with him. However at Roma, Smalling is more than good enough, so pretty much you never heard a bad thing between the two. His interview with Joe Cole last season revealed his approach to motivation method. Joe Cole and Mourinho surprisingly now are on good terms post Joe Cole's retirement.

Expectation level is everything.
You left out the part where he forced him to play through a broken toe and then hung him out to dry in the media afterwards. But other than that, pretty much. Most players are professionals and understand it's part of the game.

ti vu

You left out the part where he forced him to play through a broken toe and then hung him out to dry in the media afterwards. But other than that, pretty much. Most players are professionals and understand it's part of the game.
Expecting players to play through some injury is part of the parcel of professional football too. We saw similar management under Ole. And clubs (not just us) and players have different opinion on their injuries all the time. Mourinho can be toxic, but it doesn't look like he made an enemy with all players as seen with with Smalling case. He still used Smalling a lot and in important games. Ole being a nice guys, talking a nice game came in and pretty much axed Smalling from the get go for no good reason (he's not building a style of play that justified selling Smalling).