Jose Mourinho Sack Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallycinnamin

Did I hear right that he equated the penalty call on Fabregas to the decision against Scotland v Australia.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
be interesting to see if we had any psychologists amongst our ranks who could dissect his actions recently.

Doesn't take a genius to see that he's trying to deflect all the attention away from his team / himself in the past by constantly talking about Wenger / trying to get into the heads of referees by claiming they are getting hard done by etc. But it almost looks like he's starting to actually lose the plot completely.
I have MSc in psychology, my general opinion is that Jose is a man under stress.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I got it wrong about Jose, I wanted him at United when Ferguson left but watching him this season puts it all into perspective. No way Jose.
What? I don't understand this type of posts. What has this season got to do with anything? I warned about this multiple times in the forum. This isn't new with Mourinho. He has always been like this. He always behaved like this. He can only be magnanimous when he wins. This season is classic Mourinho. Whining about refs (this has always happened with him at Leiria, Porto, Inter, Real Madrid and Chelsea), singling out players (trying to diminish Vítor Baía's influence at Porto, the IQ affair with Ricardo Carvalho at Chelsea and the current problems with Hazard and Matic), run-ins with the FA (happened in Portugal, Italy and Spain) and his arguments or his obsessive nature against other managers (Rafael Benitez, Guardiola, Wenger or Pellegrini). The only difference is his terrible position with Chelsea but whether he's 12th or 3rd or 4th, he would always whine unless he was 1st. It's the usual deflecting the attention from his own shortcomings or using mind games to supposedly protect his players.

I remember mocking and saying in this forum that his "happy one" bs speech would last until he got in the wrong end of a string of bad refereeing decisions or his team began to under perform. He doesn't look happy or enjoying his time at Chelsea. It's a matter of time till he starts burning bridges with the owner or with certain players. Then he will get a big pay out and go somewhere else where he will rinse repeat this behaviour as his cycle continues.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Did I hear right that he equated the penalty call on Fabregas to the decision against Scotland v Australia.
If so the man is becoming a laughing stock.

I have MSc in psychology, my general opinion is that Jose is a man under stress.
Agreed though, to be fair, you don't need a professional insight to gather that. What was once seen as brilliant mind games is now appearing as increasingly delusional behaviour. Part of the problem is that these antics of his were tolerated previously, fêted even, but that was when he was winning. Now he's getting beaten and everybody's looking at him and simply thinking wtf?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
What? I don't understand this type of posts. What has this season got to do with anything? I warned about this multiple times in the forum. This isn't new with Mourinho. He has always been like this. He always behaved like this. He can only be magnanimous when he wins. This season is classic Mourinho. Whining about refs (this has always happened with him at Leiria, Porto, Inter, Real Madrid and Chelsea), singling out players (trying to diminish Vítor Baía's influence at Porto, the IQ affair with Ricardo Carvalho at Chelsea and the current problems with Hazard and Matic), run-ins with the FA (happened in Portugal, Italy and Spain) and his arguments or his obsessive nature against other managers (Rafael Benitez, Guardiola, Wenger or Pellegrini). The only difference is his terrible position with Chelsea but whether he's 12th or 3rd or 4th, he would always whine unless he was 1st. It's the usual deflecting the attention from his own shortcomings or using mind games to supposedly protect his players.

I remember mocking and saying in this forum that his "happy one" bs speech would last until he got in the wrong end of a string of bad refereeing decisions or his team began to under perform. He doesn't look happy or enjoying his time at Chelsea. It's a matter of time till he starts burning bridges with the owner or with certain players. Then he will get a big pay out and go somewhere else where he will rinse repeat this behaviour as his cycle continues.
To be fair, he said he wanted to settle down after the Madrid job. I wrongly assumed that Jose would therefore relax a bit more and be less... Jose like. I think that's a fair statement to make given the noises he was making at the time about wanting to come home to England and remain here. This season however he's shown that he's not changed one bit (if anything he's got worse).

We also have to remember that Sir Alex wasn't exactly a perfect manager in the 90's. It took him a very long time to settle down and relax into his role of being the leagues Godfather (hehe).

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's the usual deflecting the attention from his own shortcomings
That's the key to it all, IMO: ego, and protecting his reputation as a serial winner. The simplest explanation is often the correct one.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
To be fair, he said he wanted to settle down after the Madrid job. I wrongly assumed that Jose would therefore relax a bit more and be less... Jose like. I think that's a fair statement to make given the noises he was making at the time about wanting to come home to England and remain here. This season however he's shown that he's not changed one bit (if anything he's got worse).

We also have to remember that Sir Alex wasn't exactly a perfect manager in the 90's. It took him a very long time to settle down and relax into his role of being the leagues Godfather (hehe).
I understand your view and i don't criticize you for it but i've known Mourinho since his days at Sporting being Robson's assistant manager which was the very start of his career. I can be wrong but i highly doubt that Mourinho will ever change. Being a conflictual person is part of his DNA. For him to remain a long period of time at a club, he would need to be consistently and highly successful. Times have changed and it's more difficult to do that. It's a more competitive and money driven era. My guess is that in one or two years Mourinho will leave Chelsea.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Where do people see him end up if he got the sack? He's already won titles in Spain, Italy and England. Maybe time to try and dethrone Bayern?
Schalke? They cannot afford him, nor can Wolfsburg.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
He said so many wonderful things back in the summer of 2013. Remember this?

As an outsider, Mourinho found it easy to play the brash, outspoken controversial upstart, but now he feels a responsibility to act as a role model and spokesman for his peers.
“The guy that everyone respected, admired and looked up to as the Dad of every manager in the Premier League is gone and for me that’s the change,” he said.“So with Sir Alex gone it is true I’m one of the guys with more time in football.
“I'm the only one who is a European champion and I won all the English competitions, so maybe I have a bit more responsibility in terms of being one of the more experienced guys.
“Probably I have to be an example for everybody in many aspects - everything, conduct, support. I have to be there for everyone when for some reason they need me, probably in the meetings we have with referees’ committees, managers, and the Premier League.”
I can't find the full interview at the moment, just an article with the quotes:
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...s-Jose-Mourinho-ready-to-adopt-Godfather-role

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
If so the man is becoming a laughing stock.

Agreed though, to be fair, you don't need a professional insight to gather that. What was once seen as brilliant mind games is now appearing as increasingly delusional behaviour. Part of the problem is that these antics of his were tolerated previously, fêted even, but that was when he was winning. Now he's getting beaten and everybody's looking at him and simply thinking wtf?
I was being sarcastic mate ;)
Have no clue wahtsoever about what is going through Mou's head.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Your president still speaks highly of him. They say he never wanted him to leave but he situation had gotten unsustainable.
No room for both him and Hazard seeing their relationship at the moment. I'll happily wait for Zizou or some other upcoming coach. Don't know if I want another turbulent period at our club. It's bad enough as it is.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lol Sunny Jim that doesn't surprise me that you have an MSc in psychology! You are my favourite poster of all time just edging out Pogue!

sallycinnamin

Where do people see him end up if he got the sack? He's already won titles in Spain, Italy and England. Maybe time to try and dethrone Bayern?
Back to Porto or Inter for glorious reunification and gratification or some previous European powerhouse like Ajax. He will go no doubt to a club that is a rough diamond so to speak, he can manage anywhere but it will come down to where his persona can be elevated further and that the pedestal is at the ready.

finneh

His other problem is that he hasn't got unlimited funds as he's had in the past. He was fortunate early on in that Lukaku, Mata, KdB, Luiz and a few others could bring in the best part of £150m, allowing him to sign the likes of Matic, Fabregas, Costa, Willian etc. However now it's not so easy; he wanted Stones but the club stopped at £35m, he wanted Martial but the club couldn't get a deal through. Then there were rumours of Griezmann and Pogba but again they look out of their reach.

He ends up with squad players in Rahman, Pedro, Falcao and some young players. We've seen before how not strengthening when you're at the top can effect a teams complacency with City, Chelsea under previous managers and even Arsenal/Blackburn years ago. Truth be told Fergie is the only manager whose been able to consistently keep his team hungry.

It's Mourinho's biggest test of his career now; he must get top 4 otherwise he won't attract the players he needs and even if he does he's now competing with teams with more money in the same league (United and City) and even Arsenal who can compete on an equal footing.

Truth be told I still think he'd have been the best manager to replace Fergie. He'd have had the unlimited resources to constantly buy the best, he'd have had the ego to gain respect from the squad and he has the track record of delivering trophies in the short term, which is what we needed after Fergie. Even if he left after 4-5 years it would have been a successful period.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Publicity stunts by people. Wouldn't we react strongly if a stranger was video recording us while we were talking on the phone walking across the street?
Respect others' privacy, and don't create headlines when they try to defend it. Rubbish by Marca.
As much as I hate Mourinho, I agree with you on this.

It's an invasion of privacy and if he doesn't want to be filmed then he shouldn't be.

In our Football code in Australia the team I support was playing away, and the coach along with an assistant decided to walk back to their hotel after the game that night. Of course he was approached by drunk fans of the opposition and he ended up shoving one of them away, one who was getting right up into his face. Yet the story was not about the drunk idiot being a knob and invading personal space, it was about how Alistair Clarkson pushed a random nobody. Thankfully everyone saw reason and realised it was a non-story and the idiot deserved it.

Member 5225

feck - thought he was on the verge of the sack or something (seeing this thread bumped).

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Back to Porto or Inter for glorious reunification and gratification or some previous European powerhouse like Ajax. He will go no doubt to a club that is a rough diamond so to speak, he can manage anywhere but it will come down to where his persona can be elevated further and that the pedestal is at the ready.
He won't go any team without big money. Next stop will be PSG.

Guy

Is this going to be like Hazard and the Swansea ballboy again, where we can't condone physical confrontation but how the 'victim' was acting still makes you cringe?

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I reckon he just shook the camera around to make it look like there'd been contact. If not, the kid deserved it anyway. Not even in the top ten crimes of Mourinho.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Is this going to be like Hazard and the Swansea ballboy again, where we can't condone physical confrontation but how the 'victim' was acting still makes you cringe?
I'll condone physical confrontation when it's warranted. Sometimes some people need hands laid on them.

NecssryEvil

It appears to be a public street so I am not sure what the kid did that was so wrong that people would be saying he deserved whatever happened. Not like he followed him into the bathroom trying to catch him taking a piss or something. But, maybe I have things all wrong because I didn't see anything wrong with what Hazard did either. Thought the kid took his role in the game of timewasting way too far and deserved getting a little tap in the ribs. Not like it was one of those Worldstar full on kicks to the face or anything. You want to be a cheeky little smartass then you better know that doing so might get you punched in the mouth some day.

AllezLesDiables

feck - thought he was on the verge of the sack or something (seeing this thread bumped).
He's on very thin ice. Not sure what the tipping point is but I'd imagine he's done and dusted if Chelsea fails to qualify for the R16 in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.