Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Newcastle caretakers seem a little sensible, otherwise it would have been one last money grab before ending it for a private beach.

Loida

Supports
Roma
Great great win against a good side that United need their 36 years old to bail them out , finally Mourinho had a full week to prepare without that conference league ,his tactic was executed very well. Guess this thread is going to be quite for awhile , i notice it only had a many replies when Roma lose.

He finished 6th, 2nd and 6th when he was sacked miles behind Liverpool. Liverpool, City were at different level, not a surprise as they hired elite managers and we hired washed up toxic man.

United unambitious after spending most than any club except City, players form means nothing just because they didn't any trophy, says the Roma fan. With that logic Roma are irrelevant club in the last 15 years, forget 15 years, in its entire history except 2-3 seasons. It's hilarious Roma fan taking digs at ManUtd for not winning trophies in few years, like Jose making fun of defensive manager or mocking other managers for not being good enough. Also players like Totti, De Rossi Roma career is irrelevant too except 1 or 2 seasons.

More excuse for washed up toxic man, he should be Jose Excusinho.
Not his faults because he has predicted that the season would be difficult if United didn't get him his players. Asked for 5 signings and didn't get anyone of them. He had 3 injury prone CB ( bailly , Jones , rojo ) , 2 aging fullback ( Young and Valencia ) , Mata and Lingard still playing RW, still no winger at the start of the season only to be given Fred , Dalot, Grant. United has set him for failure that season after overachieving in the previous season. Another reasons why I don't believe he was finished was because his foresight about how the season would go for United was spot on as ever. It was a manager job to identify weakness in the squad and try to fix it but United never really listen to him.

Yeah it's never Jose's fault.
It's not , if it was his fault you guys wouldn't stay trophyless and went backward even after another 3 seasons and 400m.
I think he's failed to adapt to the changes in football which have hit his style of management hardest. He is too stubborn to concede that his methods don't work at the top level anymore.

I think he would be better suited to punditry now
Mourinho is quite clearly finished and you will see it yourself in not too distant future. Us managing to replace him with a nothing manager like Ole doesn't make Jose great. You can support and follow him to hell but it's just a matter of time before it turns extremely sour and literally like hell. Jose has a great ability to convince people that the squad he manages is a bunch of useless amateurs and that if not for him, they would be doing much worse. You probably don't follow the PL much and you still base your opinions about him from his golden era which is way in the past now. Everyone following the PL and his last few years here know he is done at the very top level, hence why the level of clubs interested in him gradually goes down.

I think this is very close to the truth.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to say that he peaked well over a decade ago. That's a long time in football.

It's been said many times before - but the truth is that this happens to most managers. The ones who are able to keep changing with the times are few and far between.

And in José's case, this general trajectory/development has hit harder than usual because he hasn't just not developed - he's grown bitter and stubborn as a result of falling behind the curve.

Unlike, say, Ancelotti - who clearly isn't in peak condition anymore either, but who has nevertheless retained some key strengths that are still useful. José has not focused on his strengths - but allowed himself to get increasingly petty and obsessed with irrelevant nonsense.
Too much waffling about stuff you guys barely even understand. Mourinho isn't finished , it's United and Spurs whom are finished , end off.

For other Romanisti here , i can only say trust the process.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not his faults because he has predicted that the season would be difficult if United didn't get him his players. Asked for 5 signings and didn't get anyone of them. He had 3 injury prone CB ( bailly , Jones , rojo ) , 2 aging fullback ( Young and Valencia ) , Mata and Lingard still playing RW, still no winger at the start of the season only to be given Fred , Dalot, Grant. United has set him for failure that season after overachieving in the previous season. Another reasons why I don't believe he was finished was because his foresight about how the season would go for United was spot on as ever. It was a manager job to identify weakness in the squad and try to fix it but United never really listen to him.
:lol:

marktan

I don't like him or his brand of football but I hope Roma do well due to their ex-United contingent in Smalling and Mikhi. Smalling in particular had a good game today.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I watched the second half today, really good result but typical Jose performance. Really negative and fortunate for VAR to rule a goal for offside, then deadly on the counter.
I don’t really know what Roma expect in terms of results or style of play, maybe if they back his defensive style he can be successful there.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
His best result in about 12 months.

They still won't finish top 4, even top 6 is debatable.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
great result. Atalanta looked very good in the league recently.

RedDevilMachine

Jose Mourinho will probably win Roma the Europa Conference League and their fans will be happy with it as it will be deemed a success. It's hard to be critical of him when Roma's players aren't exactly that good and this is the most competitive Serie A I've seen in my lifetime.

dove

Too much waffling about stuff you guys barely even understand. Mourinho isn't finished , it's United and Spurs whom are finished , end off.

:lol: Oh the meltdown will be hilarious when it happens.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
A very similar game as it was against Villarreal. Atalanta acutally didn't play as bad as the result suggests, but their defending was poor and paid the price.

Loida

Supports
Roma
:lol: Oh the meltdown will be hilarious when it happens.
Oh don't worry it already happened, he has start being "toxic" here for multiple times especially when we played badly and losing but the difference was our board and our club legend spoke out publicly supporting the "toxic" stuff he did. So the players have no choice but to follow him and fans have no choice but to trust the process.
Your board and club legend should have done the same back then to show everyone that your manager have absolute control and no player allowed to be more powerful than the manager , if they played like crap then they are out , if the manager said luke shaw is brainless , then luke shaw out , nobody can force the manager to play a player he doesn't rate. That's how a proper club structure work.

Roma wins , this thread is quiet, Roma lose , Mourinho is finished , what a reactionary :lol: can't imagine how many articles coming from english media if he lost i bet many have their draft prepared already , it's like let's downplay the win and exaggerate the losses , can't be more obvious those cnuts.

Last edited:

BorisManUtd

I criticised him earlier after some bad results because of his toxic behaviour in post-match interviews but well done Jose for last few results. Who knows what happens later in the season but at least they bounced back after a bad run. Beating Atalanta 4-1 away is a good result. More tough fixtures to come so will be interesting to see if Roma can continue in the same way.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Great great win against a good side that United need their 36 years old to bail them out , finally Mourinho had a full week to prepare without that conference league ,his tactic was executed very well. Guess this thread is going to be quite for awhile , i notice it only had a many replies when Roma lose.

It's not , if it was his fault you guys wouldn't stay trophyless and went backward even after another 3 seasons and 400m.

Duncan Castles joined the caf!

pascell

What a Loida rubbish

roonster09

Scout
ManUtd fans didn't celebrate Jose's victory? Ffs :lol:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Roma wins , this thread is quiet, Roma lose , Mourinho is finished , what a reactionary :lol: can't imagine how many articles coming from english media if he lost i bet many have their draft prepared already , it's like let's downplay the win and exaggerate the losses , can't be more obvious those cnuts.
I think you seriously underestimate how little the vast majority of United fans care about what Jose is up to now.

AaronRedDevil

Oh don't worry it already happened, he has start being "toxic" here for multiple times especially when we played badly and losing but the difference was our board and our club legend spoke out publicly supporting the "toxic" stuff he did. So the players have no choice but to follow him and fans have no choice but to trust the process.
Your board and club legend should have done the same back then to show everyone that your manager have absolute control and no player allowed to be more powerful than the manager , if they played like crap then they are out , if the manager said luke shaw is brainless , then luke shaw out , nobody can force the manager to play a player he doesn't rate. That's how a proper club structure work.

Ooohh boy. Give it time. Then watch it all implode on you're face :lol:. Jose is toxic as hell.

AndySmith1990

Ooohh boy. Give it time. Then watch it all implode on you're face :lol:. Jose is toxic as hell.
People now resort to throwing a blanket statement of "toxic" over everything he did at United. He gave up and imploded in the third season when he realised he was fighting a losing battle, but before that he was justified in most of what he said.

Funny now that the general consensus amongst our fanbase is Martial and Pogba are a waste of space and should leave, yet everyone sided with them when Jose questioned them years ago.

Jose is no fool, he can spot a lazy player with a bad attitude. We should've been behind him on that at least, but instead we always side with a player over a manager.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Couldnt give a shit when he was Spurs manager and can't give a shit now he's Roma manager. I don't care about him as much as the previous managers (with the exception of Ole because he's also a club legend). He's probably the most bizzare ManUnited manager in recent history. I don't think majority of people ever warmed up to him. Moyes had fans signing his song, Van Gaal as well to the point where they were waiting for the bus singing Louis Van Gaal's Red Army, With Ole fans will always warm up to him. Did Jose even have a chant specifically made for him? I don't remember.

edgecutter

Couldnt give a shit when he was Spurs manager and can't give a shit now he's Roma manager. I don't care about him as much as the previous managers (with the exception of Ole because he's also a club legend). He's probably the most bizzare ManUnited manager in recent history. I don't think majority of people ever warmed up to him. Moyes had fans signing his song, Van Gaal as well to the point where they were waiting for the bus singing Louis Van Gaal's Red Army, With Ole fans will always warm up to him. Did Jose even have a chant specifically made for him? I don't remember.
Jose did have a chant "woke up this morning". Plus as bad as everyone makes him out to be he still is our most successful manager post fergie.

Pickle85

I think you overestimate the extent to which the English media have any kind of interest in Italian football. It gets very, very little coverage here. Back when the league was one of the best there used to be gazzeta Italia, a football show I used to love, but now that the league is meh there's little interest beyond enthusiasts.

largelyworried

Jose's at the wheel. That was originally a Jose chant.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'm fairly certain it's a pisstake account. While I expect there very much is many Roma fans currently at the stage of believing he'll change for them this guy has drifted well into stereotype/characature territory.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Funny now that the general consensus amongst our fanbase is Martial and Pogba are a waste of space and should leave, yet everyone sided with them when Jose questioned them years ago.
Even a broke clock is right twice a day.

It’s beyond me how this Cnut of human skin still has support from actual Manchester United fans on this forum

Ixion

It’s beyond me how this Cnut of human skin still has support from actual Manchester United fans on this forum
The number of trophies hes won suggests he's been right more than twice.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
There is a vocal minority who seem to really, really care though.
True, but that doesn't negate my point. At Spurs you saw his latest reign close up, but at Roma it's a step removed for most and they care even less.
Given the vitriol you still get in our old managers' threads, I agree some will seemingly carry a weird resentment to their graves.

Withnail

I'm fairly certain it's a pisstake account. While I expect there very much is many Roma fans currently at the stage of believing he'll change for them this guy has drifted well into stereotype/characature territory.
I got that impression as well. Only one of their 15 posts isn't in this thread and doesn't reference Mourinho.

Zen

A result that should get him another job.

Newcastle will buy it in the Summer- "But did you not see the smashing I put on Atlanta on their own turf?"

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just the same people talking who bought Jose to this club.

roonster09

Scout
You just have to click the "who replied" button on the thread to see who really, really cares. ;)
That's crap method to see who cares when the arguments are about his time about ManUtd.

Nice try though.

Loida

Supports
Roma
Quality control

When he called your favorite players shit, that must have hurt your heart so much but he did it for the good of the club. Should have let him get rid of all those lazy cnuts and primadonnas that still hanging around your club earning huge wages. You would be in better place now.
A result that should get him another job.

Newcastle will buy it in the Summer- "But did you not see the smashing I put on Atlanta on their own turf?"
Like "that night at paris"? He isn't your norwegian goblin , he is valued by trophies not matches.

Think the reason Roma fans believe in him is because we believe it was Manchester United who ruined his career , not the other way around. Even then i believe with 58% win rate, he actually has done a very good job at your finished club. it will be hard for any new manchester united manager to beat that record.
I think you seriously underestimate how little the vast majority of United fans care about what Jose is up to now.
They only care when he lost. Just count the number of post here after he lost. You would see at least 1 full page of post basically calling him finished if only he lost the game yesterday

Last edited: