Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Gandalf

I have watched all of their games so far this season, than you Paramount+, and there is a serious lack of cohesion in the middle of the park. New signings like Aouar don't seem to be trusted and the team just looks old and devoid of ideas with the exception of Dybala. It is also obvious that they really depend on Smalling and he is a big miss right now, Ndicka and Llorente are simply dreadful footballers.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I have watched all of their games so far this season, than you Paramount+, and there is a serious lack of cohesion in the middle of the park. New signings like Aouar don't seem to be trusted and the team just looks old and devoid of ideas with the exception of Dybala. It is also obvious that they really depend on Smalling and he is a big miss right now, Ndicka and Llorente are simply dreadful footballers.
Didn't half the cafe want Ndicka?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why are people suggesting Saudi Arabia as an option? All it has is money going for it. There are probably four or five 'decent' teams at a push. I'm sure even the National League pull in bigger attendances than the bottom half clubs of the top Saudi division.

He would be perfect for Ajax who are in freefall right now. Though the pressure for immediate success would be intense.

Gandalf

Saudi pushed pretty hard for him this summer and he was quite firm in rejecting them. It is quite possible that he is not all that motivated by the money as he is hardly short of a few bob and he does seem very happy in Italy. I am not sure he wants another job in club management once the clock runs out on his time with Roma, he is over 60 now and I think he might be more tempted by a job with the national side if the job opens up at the right time.

Apokalips

Why are people suggesting Saudi Arabia as an option? All it has is money going for it. There are probably four or five 'decent' teams at a push. I'm sure even the National League pull in bigger attendances than the bottom half clubs of the top Saudi division.

He would be perfect for Ajax who are in freefall right now. Though the pressure for immediate success would be intense.
Mourinho? Saudi is perfect! All he ever wants is to have his club spend vast amounts on players that he wants, especially older players... Literally a dream destination for him!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Ajax :lol:

tenhagsimp

He's just a crap manager now. How someone that was very revolutionary back then with his 4-3-3 can now be considered as a football dinosaur is pretty insane. Like did he even try to adapt and expand his knowledge other than playing tumescent football and winning by boring the opposition to sleep

AshRK

These are his most irritating quotes. People point out you are doing a shit job now, and he responds no I made them reach 2 final, I knocked United out when I was opposing manager, Real madrid never reached past ro 16, blah blah blah. Never his fault. No wonder his fan boys are the worst.

Real Name

Classic Mourinho, when things go tough he biggies up his personal achievements.

Just few weeks ago 'My biggest success is finishing 3rd with United' crap quote was doing rounds.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I actually thought Roma might just be the perfect club for him to last a bit longer than usual, but I guess their financial issues have handcuffed him a bit and he's never one to handle that well.

Ajax fans would burn the stadium to the ground if the club tried to hire Mourinho :lol:

There's probably no other club in Europe that is so wedded to the ideal of attractive football.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He's been completely and utterly fecked over by the board, in due fairness to him. But we all know how the ship sinks under Mou once things get rough.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I think Ajax football club would rather fold than have a guy like Mourinho in charge. Pretentious football purists with the biggest wanker in football. Disaster that would never happen.

Nickelodeon

Jose would create a civil war (bigger than the current one) within the club. Look at post 2015 Jose. He hasn't improved a single club and almost always finds ways to criticize the club rather than accepting any responsibility. Roma have been smart enough to not give him an extension and his contract is up at the end of the season. They should start looking out for options.

Vernon Philander

Jose would create a civil war (bigger than the current one) within the club. Look at post 2015 Jose. He hasn't improved a single club and almost always finds ways to criticize the club rather than accepting any responsibility. Roma have been smart enough to not give him an extension and his contract is up at the end of the season. They should start looking out for options.
Well he is still the most successful Utd manager post Fergie, so technically an improvement in comparison to the other managers we’ve had.
Also in hindsight a lot of his criticism about us turned out to be true. Obviously he isn’t the man he once was and does default to that moaning too often, but to think he’s not done some good work post 2015 is a little harsh

Nickelodeon

Well he is still the most successful Utd manager post Fergie, so technically an improvement in comparison to the other managers we’ve had.
Also in hindsight a lot of his criticism about us turned out to be true. Obviously he isn’t the man he once was and does default to that moaning too often, but to think he’s not done some good work post 2015 is a little harsh
Us finishing second in 2017/18 is a similar achievement as Ole doing the same in 2020/21. Genuinely don't consider either of them as sustainable progress but more of things falling into place for us. At any given point, we never had the excitement of proper title challengers. In fact, it was during 2017/18 itself where we lost to Sevilla in the CL and Jose went on the heritage rant which further solidified the notion that he'll never really take us to the level we needed. In hindsight, criticism of all our post Fergie managers has been correct but it doesn't make the jobs they did any better.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
He's been completely and utterly fecked over by the board, in due fairness to him. But we all know how the ship sinks under Mou once things get rough.
What happened with the board? I remember a period where they wouldn't replace Abraham after a long term injury... but not sure what else is happened. Not challenging your comment, just curious to understand more as I don't follow Roma.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What happened with the board? I remember a period where they wouldn't replace Abraham after a long term injury... but not sure what else is happened. Not challenging your comment, just curious to understand more as I don't follow Roma.
Poor financial management meaning they recorded a loss of €244 million in 2021 - FFP rules permit a loss of up to €30m so they're in a dire financial position and 'failed' FFP. It led to them spending essentially nothing this summer, and the only way of improving the squad is via loans.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Poor financial management meaning they recorded a loss of €244 million in 2021 - FFP rules permit a loss of up to €30m so they're in a dire financial position and 'failed' FFP. It led to them spending essentially nothing this summer, and the only way of improving the squad is via loans.
Thank you. Just had a look through their signings over the past 2 seasons, must be difficult when half your squad is based on loans and the makeup changes year on year.

CM

This quote perfectly sums up his self absorption. Same energy as that football heritage rant when Sevilla knocked us out of the Champions League under his watch.

ScholesyTheWise

He's just a crap manager now. How someone that was very revolutionary back then with his 4-3-3 can now be considered as a football dinosaur is pretty insane. Like did he even try to adapt and expand his knowledge other than playing tumescent football and winning by boring the opposition to sleep
I don't think it's insane at all.
How many times do you come across people who are creative early on in their careers, and later become stubborn and stick to what made them successful in the past, no matter the results this brings them in the present?

You see that plenty, in all walks of life.

It's actually quite weird to think that something as basic as adding a 3rd man to the middle of the park was/is seen as revolutionary for English football in the 2000s. I concede that it could be seen as revolutionary if we look at young Mou as a total package;

His handling of the media was revolutionary to a degree. His ability to buy a new team over 2 summers,
and instill such a siege mentality in a team full of stars that had no need to feel like underdogs in any way, was revolutionary.
The way he managed to to have his players indulge in all kinds of shithousery and still be perceived as "proper footballers, tough as nails" was quite a thing.

His tactics in and off itself weren't all that, I'd like to think. But when you add everything else to the mix- then sure. He changed the English game for a period of time. He was a bit like Fergie in this regard. Solid, effective tactics for the most part. Nothing too complicated.

Then he became a shit manager, toxic as hell,
and some on here still adore him for reasons beyond my comprehension.

I'm not saying he's a bad person by any means or that he has ill intentions toward anyone,
But you'd think Mourinho could make a rather popular cult leader, with the way he manages to influence people and turn them into admirers...

JuriM

Wait, didn't they just win 7-0 vs someone in the league? How there's all the doom now.

mu4c_20le

I don't think it's insane at all.
How many times do you come across people who are creative early on in their careers, and later become stubborn and stick to what made them successful in the past, no matter the results this brings them in the present?

You see that plenty, in all walks of life.

It's actually quite weird to think that something as basic as adding a 3rd man to the middle of the park was/is seen as revolutionary for English football in the 2000s. I concede that it could be seen as revolutionary if we look at young Mou as a total package;

His handling of the media was revolutionary to a degree. His ability to buy a new team over 2 summers,
and instill such a siege mentality in a team full of stars that had no need to feel like underdogs in any way, was revolutionary.
The way he managed to to have his players indulge in all kinds of shithousery and still be perceived as "proper footballers, tough as nails" was quite a thing.

His tactics in and off itself weren't all that, I'd like to think. But when you add everything else to the mix- then sure. He changed the English game for a period of time. He was a bit like Fergie in this regard. Solid, effective tactics for the most part. Nothing too complicated.

Then he became a shit manager, toxic as hell,
and some on here still adore him for reasons beyond my comprehension.

I'm not saying he's a bad person by any means or that he has ill intentions toward anyone,
But you'd think Mourinho could make a rather popular cult leader, with the way he manages to influence people and turn them into admirers...
Couldn't agree more. I've met people like that and it almost always comes with an ego as well. The sad part is people like that are often unable to find happiness for the rest of their lives because of that stubbornness.

al.gabiru

I still think Mourinho does a good job at Roma. He won the first European trophy in their history (conference) and reached another final (European league).

But there is this curse of the third season and the toxic environment that he creates (fights with the press, players, etc.).