Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
the Spurs fans I know want him gone, and wanted him gone the first day he arrived. Clearly they enjoyed the United game, and some of the results.

but simply put, unless he wins something big, then they don’t think it’s worth it.
They are in the minority I can tell you that. I'm very active on a big Spurs forum and most of the people on there are firmly supporting Jose - many of them have been converted as they hated him and didn't want him here.

Your mates are pretty poor Spurs fans frankly if they wish their own manager sacked from the first day he arrived.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I am honestly yes because I actually believe we can win silverware playing like this. As much as I love Poch I never really believed we could sustain things long enough to win anything - apart from a wonderful Champions League run which was incredible of course and for which I will always love him. I want us to win stuff - I think we can under Jose. We could play 11 behind the ball every single match and win them 1-0 and I'll be absolutely fecking delighted.
Recency bias sure is crazy, huh.

saivet

One thing Jose was right was in calling out Klopp and Pep's behaviour. As much as I don't like the man, I imagine there would have been an outcry if Jose behaved like those two on the touchline.

Flexdegea

We’ve already established your capacity for self-delusion in this thread but - hand on your heart - are you honestly enjoying this as much as when Spurs were actually getting praised for their football under Poch?

He's kidding himself.

He is pretending all this is better than anything served up with poch, not even 1/3 into season and he talking like its balls deep into title challenge, yeah with loads of other teams too. Their nothing between anyone up there except liverpool being the best about.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
No.

If they'd limited Liverpool to having the ball but basically creating feck all, then outscored them, it would've been tactical perfection.

When the opposition is creating chance after chance but don't score, while you create a few decent chances and outscore them, it's luck, not tactical perfection.
Liverpool barely created anything of note, lots of huff and puff low quality chances. The four best chances in the entire game fell to Spurs but they failed to take all bar one of them.

They are in the minority I can tell you that. I'm very active on a big Spurs forum and most of the people on there are firmly supporting Jose - many of them have been converted as they hated him and didn't want him here.

Your mates are pretty poor Spurs fans frankly if they wish their own manager sacked from the first day he arrived.
I can’t speak for other people. But it’s pretty common not to want someone to be your manager, and Jose is clearly very divisive.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He's kidding himself.

He is pretending all this is better than anything served up with poch, not even 1/3 into season and he talking like its balls deep into title challenge, yeah with loads of other teams too. Their nothing between anyone up there except liverpool being the best about.
I can only tell you how I feel - you can think I'm mad or a moron or whatever - I honestly am beyond caring because of the constant grief I get in here anyway.

Flexdegea

I only want to see Lloris hold up a cup for Spurs. That is all I care about after decades of feck all.

You won a Carling cup not even a decade ago?

Would winning it again fill that void that cancels out the rest with Jose

AR87

I am honestly yes because I actually believe we can win silverware playing like this. As much as I love Poch I never really believed we could sustain things long enough to win anything - apart from a wonderful Champions League run which was incredible of course and for which I will always love him. I want us to win stuff - I think we can under Jose. We could play 11 behind the ball every single match and win them 1-0 and I'll be absolutely fecking delighted.
You didn't think you could win anything in 16/17 when you had 86 points, had the best attack and defensive record in the league, and lost in the FA Cup semifinal? Really?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
the Spurs fans I know want him gone, and wanted him gone the first day he arrived. Clearly they enjoyed the United game, and some of the results.

but simply put, unless he wins something big, then they don’t think it’s worth it.
Man, that's horse shit. The comments on here are fecking laughable, United more concerned with Jose failing than matching Liverpool. Calling us bottlers when if you win your games in hand you are what 3 points off? :lol: Hyperbolic BS. Same posters with the same ideas. Most calling for Poch to be their next manager.

Spurs fans want him gone, being second, and in all competitions? Id say the fans you know are in your head mate.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You won a Carling cup not even a decade ago?

Would winning it again fill that void that cancels out the rest with Jose
That was 12 years ago - before that we won FA cup in 1991 - thats almost 30 years ago. I'm 44 and I've been supporting them for around 35 years at this point and that's all I have ever seen them win. You guys who support Utd simply do not understand and frankly never will.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Mostly can't stand him these days, but thought Spurs, while playing the only brand of football he knows and it is horrible to watch, should have nick this one.

Can understand his frustration in the end.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You didn't think you could win anything in 16/17 when you had 86 points, had the best attack and defensive record in the league, and lost in the FA Cup semifinal? Really?
We never looked like winning the league that year - I know the narrative is what it is but we were never actually in the lead and always chased - I never believed we could do it no.

Flexdegea

That was 12 years ago - before that we won FA cup in 1991 - thats almost 30 years ago. I'm 44 and I've been supporting them for around 35 years at this point and that's all I have ever seen them win. You guys who support Utd simply do not understand and frankly never will.
100% then.

Guess he have to deliver the goods then

UncleBob

I don’t think the problem for Spurs is sitting back and looking for counters, but you have to at least get out, relieve the pressure and give the opponent something to think about. Jose seems to be so obscenely negative in these games, and it invariably costs him.

Tbh, the biggest feck up in the last week was the Palace draw. Unforgivable the way Spurs sat back in the second half despite being head and shoulders the superior team. If they had gotten three points there then this Anfield game would have had a different complexion.

I think he will keep the players on side in the short term, but lads like Son and Kane won’t want to do this for too long, especially if the trophies aren’t forthcoming.
The Palace draw was classic Jose. Sit back at 1-0 and let the opposition have a go, try to pinch a goal at a counter. Opposition improves and scores. Tottenham needs to attack, outplays opposition but don't have enough time to turn it around.

As long as the players buy into it, the insanely negative approach to matches, then by all means. Will be interesting to see how long Son remains happy about it, don't think Kane is going to complain much

UncleBob

Mostly can't stand him these days, but thought Spurs, while playing the only brand of football he knows and it is horrible to watch, should have nick this one.

Can understand his frustration in the end.
Should have?
They could have nicked it, and came close to it.

MU655

No.

If they'd limited Liverpool to having the ball but basically creating feck all, then outscored them, it would've been tactical perfection.

When the opposition is creating chance after chance but don't score, while you create a few decent chances and outscore them, it's luck, not tactical perfection.
Chance after chance is a bit of an exaggeration. Liverpool had a few good chances, but Tottenham's chances were still better. I saw someone referring to shots on target, but this doesn't consider that the best chances (outside of the goals) were actually the ones that were off target.

Kane missed a point-blank header, and Bergwijn missed two brilliant chances. I think Tottenham played very well in the second half; I think people are forgetting that Liverpool has a fantastic record against the top teams and haven't lost at home for a very long time.

It was a very difficult game that Tottenham could have won, so I don't really get the criticism. They are coming to the end of a very difficult run of games, including Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Crystal Palace, and Liverpool with Leicester and Wolves coming next. If they manage 6 points from the next two games, they would have navigated their way through quite well. 14/21points would be a good return.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
We’d be 2 points behind Liverpool. 1 point ahead of you.
That's what I am saying, surely if you aren't in or around the title you are bottlers too? Or is there different rules for different teams? Not to mention there is a good percentage of your fans looking for a new manager? Is that not rather, well, odd?

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
As long as the players buy into it, the insanely negative approach to matches, then by all means. Will be interesting to see how long Son remains happy about it
Why would he be unhappy? He's the joint top scorer in the league and well on course to smash his previous best totals.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's what I am saying, surely if you aren't in or around the title you are bottlers too? Or is there different rules for different teams? Not to mention there is a good percentage of yourfans looking for a new manager?
Of course we’re bottlers. Jesus Christ. How can you spend so much time on a Manchester United forum these last two years and not pick up on how pissed off the fans have been with United repeatedly bottling important games?!?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Of course we’re bottlers. Jesus Christ. How can you spend so much time on a Manchester United forum these last two years and not pick up on how pissed off the fans have been with United repeatedly bottling important games?!?
Are Liverpool bottlers? If you don't see the hysteria on a single weeks results on here you are blind. The Caf has the biggest pendulum of opinion I have ever seen.

Man, that's horse shit. The comments on here are fecking laughable, United more concerned with Jose failing than matching Liverpool. Calling us bottlers when if you win your games in hand you are what 3 points off? :lol: Hyperbolic BS. Same posters with the same ideas. Most calling for Poch to be their next manager.
as you are replying to me...

I’m firmly Ole in, and have not once, ever wanted Poch at Man Utd.

secondly, I particularly despise the terms ‘bottler’, ‘bottled it’ etc. It’s a ridiculous notion when a team loses.

thirdly, I quite like Jose, he’s very charismatic, and has proved to be a winner. However, I don’t like his methods, and wish he’d never managed United. He’s self centred, only interested in the short term, and selfish. The way he behaved at United was a disgrace.

How he does elsewhere doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Unless he went to Liverpool or City.

it was actually the notion, from another poster that Spurs could have been 2 or 3 goals up / that drew me in. Which as I said, is laughable.

lastly, I am just relaying ‘real life’ opinions of Spurs fans that I know.

ps. I would have preferred Spurs to win tonight. But I’m not blinded by my disgust for Liverpool (which there is a lot), not to see that they were the deserved winners tonight. Clearly.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
as you are replying to me...

I’m firmly Ole in, and have not once, ever wanted Poch at Man Utd.

secondly, I particularly despise the terms ‘bottler’, ‘bottled it’ etc. It’s a ridiculous notion when a team loses.

thirdly, I quite like Jose, he’s very charismatic, and has proved to be a winner. However, I don’t like his methods, and wish he’d never managed United. He’s self centred, only interested in the short term, and selfish. The way he behaved at United was a disgrace.

How he does elsewhere doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Unless he went to Liverpool or City.

it was actually the notion, from another poster that Spurs could have been 2 or 3 goals up / that drew me in. Which as I said, is laughable.

lastly, I am just relaying ‘real life’ opinions of Spurs fans that I know.

ps. I would have preferred Spurs to win tonight. But I’m not blinded by my disgust for Liverpool (which there is a lot), not to see that they were the deserved winners tonight. Clearly.
Did you watch the game? We had the more clear cut chances, Lloris was tested maybe once properly, Kane missed a fecking sitter and Bergwin hit the inside of the post. Yes, Liverpool had the ball, but really didn't test the goal in relation to how much ball they had.

I have NEVER heard one Spurs fan I know wanting rid of Jose, not one. So simply I have no idea what the feck, who you know, are sniffing.

Did you watch the game? We had the more clear cut chances, Lloris was tested maybe once properly, Kane missed a fecking sitter and Bergwin fit the inside of the post.

I have NEVER heard one Spurs fan I know wanting rid of Jose, not one. So simply I have no idea what the feck they are sniffing.
how many saves did Allison make?

I feel you are taking this out on the wrong poster.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Are Liverpool bottlers? If you don't see the hysteria on a single weeks results on here you are blind. The Caf has the biggest pendulum of opinion I have ever seen.
... The side who won the league last season? You’re all over the shop at the mo. It was a very taxing result tonight. Walk it off.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Not a fan of his footbal philosophy, but it works..sometime. Ole is like a mini Mourinho. Both their footballing philosophy is not good on the eye, but it gets result. I still won’t count him of from mounting a good title challenge. Pep and Klopp plays attractive football, Jose and Ole plays dull, but effective football. One of these teams are winning the title. i won’t be surprised if it is the dull, but effective football.

KekiZeki

Liverpool was the better team, you can not deny it. Stats don't say the whole story but I seen good part of the game as well, all is in favor of Liverpool. But Spurs did expose some frailties of their defense right now. Something for opposition to look at. They didn't lift their level to match Liverpool in head to head games and I don't think they ever will. Not to this Liverpool team, they will have to wait for Liverpool form to drop in order to best them, that's just a fact.

KekiZeki

Not a fan of his footbal philosophy, but it works..sometime. Ole is like a mini Mourinho. Both their footballing philosophy is not good on the eye, but it gets result. I still won’t count him of from mounting a good title challenge. Pep and Klopp plays attractive football, Jose and Ole plays dull, but effective football. One of these teams are winning the title. i won’t be surprised if it is the dull, but effective football.

But Ole wants to develop a team to compete in a way of teams he played in as a player. I think he is limited by expectations of fans, he can't deconstruct his team in order to build it the way he needs to so he is often forced to find the best way that gets a result and that often is the uglier way. He did succeed what Mourinho has been doing here and it seems to have become our default setting, which I am not a fan of, but it may be needed from time to time.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
... The side who won the league last season? You’re all over the shop at the mo. It was a very taxing result tonight. Walk it off.
All over the shop? Liverpool drew to Fulham, that was my point. I have said on a few posts I am fine with the result, your attempt to patronise me reflects greatly on you ability to argue the point, its the last stance of a desperate man.

KekiZeki

All over the shop? Liverpool drew to Fulham, that was my point. I have said on a few posts I am fine with the result, your attempt to patronise me reflects greatly on you ability to argue the point, its the last stance of a desperate man.
Didn't they drew at Fulham? Liverpool home form and away form are drastically different. This was at Anfield, anyone would struggle, Spurs did well overall but it was not enough in the end. But you can't say they were better team, that's just ignoring reality. Maybe if they snatched a winner parked the bus but itis not what happened, did it?

What Alison had to save is irrelevant. Your talking stats over watching the game with your eyes. Lloris had to save maybe 2 at a stretch the rest were down his throat.
I watched the game. Liverpool dominated the game, I don’t need stats to tell me that.

You started making assumptions about me that were completely wrong. I don’t know why you quoted me in the first place.

Aside from the goal, how many times did Spurs hit the target? Of course it’s relevant whether the opposition keeper made a save. :lol:

you’ve just entered the disillusion zone.

Chief123

Tonight is the beginning of Jose’s meltdown. We all knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when.

Coming out with his usual nonsense in the post match interview. :lol: