Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Table is insane. We're 12th yet take 7 points from the three spare games we now have and we'd be level on points with the tally Spurs have.

I know OGS tends to choke when he gets Man. United within touching distance of doing anything but really with the fixtures you have over next few weeks you should be above Spurs going into 2021.

Spurs in 7th or 8th by end of the year would put a bit of a different spin on things but I suspect they'll beat Leicester as Rodgers style tends to play into their hands. Wolves away will be much more difficult with their low block and pace on the counter.
I think you guys will lose more than you'll win still. But you're still great entertainment. Even better when Barkley is back for a foil for Grealish.

United I could see either coming 2nd or 5th.
We need a couple of decent wins back to back to get the morale up as sitting where we currently sit feels very skewed with the games in hand.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We played very well - second half we matched them totally and should have been 2 or 3 up but it wasn't to be.
Don't think you were ever going to be romping to a comfy win. If you'd have scored you'd have faced a massive onslaught.

But Kane and the Berj fella should hold their heads for those misses.
Kane was about 5 yards away and just had to head forward not down! Garhh.

Paul_Scholes18

They deserved the win. Lucky day for Liverpool. The amount of luck Pool got at times is insane.

It was a good corner, but they barely created much more than that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can`t see this Spurs team getting top 4 .
Because they've lost one away game to the team that romped the league by an absolute mile last year, who are still top even with their best defender out and who have drawn about 1 game at home in 3 years?!

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He can use those negative tactics at Tottenham, I doubt their fans will care much. It's only a few games a year, and his record against top teams is decent this season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They deserved the win. Lucky day for Liverpool. The amount of luck Pool got at times is insane.

It was a good corner, but they barely created much more than that.
Luck tends to go for the attacking positive team unfortunately.
For a Jose team away at a league leader, they actually had a few chances for once. Could actually fill the fingers of one hand!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I thought he got blocked a bit. Surprised it wasn't at least debated in VAR booth.
They did a lengthy check according to the amazon commentator.

He wasn't getting near where the ball was unfortunately.
Pretty bizarre place for one of their best headers to actually be positioned really. Why the heck is he on the edge of the box marking Henderson!?

djembatheking

Because they've lost one away game to the team that romped the league by an absolute mile last year, who are still top even with their best defender out and who have drawn about 1 game at home in 3 years?!
No, just my opinion as I don`t rate the way they play, we will see.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Top four is very possible but as a realistic Spurs fan a title challenge is just in my eye's and opinion is just out the question.
Mentally we are just not there... The draw against Palace and now this. We can't even get a draw against this lot these days.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Top four is very possible but as a realistic Spurs fan a title challenge is just in my eye's and opinion is just out the question.
Mentally we are just not there... The draw against Palace and now this. We can't even get a draw against this lot these days.
Oh quite - Tottenham were never going to last in a title race. That was delusional from the "it's anyone's" rabble.
But no reason you can't compete for 2nd. No-one else is that special this season.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We have as much chance to win it as any of the teams near the top of the table in my opinion. A loss at Anfield doesn't change that.

Pagh Wraith

Because their performances haven't been great. They're a long way off the top three sides. They're obviously in contention for a top four finish though and look a lot better than last season. Probably battling it out with United.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No, just my opinion as I don`t rate the way they play, we will see.
If Son gets injured I think you're in for a real drop off.
Jose likes to play his best team to death so I imagine it'll catch up on you at some stage.

Mindhunter

We played very well - second half we matched them totally and should have been 2 or 3 up but it wasn't to be.
Liverpool had 76% possession and 11 shots on target to your 2. It takes spectacular levels of delusion to watch that game and conclude that Spurs should have finished 2 or 3 up.
Exactly.

Wonder what @balaks is smoking to conclude that Spurs matched them totally. If Spurs would have won this game then it would be a sucker punch, not a victory. You were with your backs against the wall for almost the entire game.

Nothing wrong with it though because if you strip the game to its absolute basics then the team who scores more on the day wins but it would be a horribly boring win. I really thought no team could surpass the dross City and we served last week but all it took was a few days.

Baxter

Rode their luck in the previous few and it run out. It’s unsustainable to play that way. Still, not sure that’s the games that decide if you win the league or not:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We have as much chance to win it as any of the teams near the top of the table in my opinion. A loss at Anfield doesn't change that.
You have as much chance to win it as any team bar Liverpool yes.
To throw that away so late was a sickener for us - let alone for it being your team!

Only tiny saving grace is Liverpool have at least dropped points a few times this season -when last year they barely did all season.

However they have already won at Chelsea. Drawn away at City and Everton. Beaten you and Arsenal at home.
Don't count on us to do you a favour!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Exactly.

Wonder what @balaks is smoking to conclude that Spurs matched them totally. If Spurs would have won this game then it would be a sucker punch, not a victory. You were with your backs against the wall for almost the entire game.

Nothing wrong with it though because if you strip the game to its absolute basics then the team who scores more on the day wins but it would be a horribly boring win. I really thought no team could surpass the dross City and we served last week but all it took was a few days.
Tottenham had the best chances though. That is utterly undeniable.

If they'd scored one of those and won it, it would have been tactical perfection.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You have as much chance to win it as any team bar Liverpool yes.
To throw that away so late was a sickener for us - let alone for it being your team!

Only tiny saving grace is Liverpool have at least dropped points a few times this season -when last year they barely did all season.

However they have already won at Chelsea. Drawn away at City and Everton. Beaten you and Arsenal at home.
Don't count on us to do you a favour!!
They are clear favorites but we have beaten City, Arsenal and Utd and drawn with Chelsea so we also have done pretty well against our main rivals so far. It's going to be a really close season though it's Liverpools to lose.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I can`t see this Spurs team getting top 4 .
Son and Kane will do enough to keep them up there. Nobody in the league has consistency apart from Liverpool. Whilst Spurs will continue to drop points in matches where Jose’s archaic style shines through, so will Chelsea, City, us, Leicester...

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

If they'd scored one of those and won it, it would have been tactical perfection.
Like feck. It would have been a smash and grab, undeserved victory. Tactical perfection involved out-playing the opposition. Being the better team over 90 minutes. Not that shit. Replay that match 10 times and Liverpool win 8 of them.

Mindhunter

Not denying that. Also pool's first goal was incredibly lucky. My assertion was more to do with the absolute lack of ambition to play the ball and build something. You can put lipstick on a pig but it will still remain a pig.

That tactic will win you games but it's like selling your soul to the devil to get results. You have next to no margin for error and it sucks the joy out of every moment.

I think we are all laughing (at least I am), that Spurs could have been 2 or 3 up according to @balaks

if Spurs had scored, Liverpool would have had 80% possession rather than 76% ( :lol: ) and unless really late in the game, I’d have bet on them scoring.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not denying that. Also pool's first goal was incredibly lucky. My assertion was more to do with the absolute lack of ambition to play the ball and build something. You can put lipstick on a pig but it will still remain a pig.

That tactic will win you games but it's like selling your soul to the devil to get results. You have next to no margin for error and it sucks the joy out of every moment.
I'm thoroughly enjoying it to be honest. I can't remember the last time we were at the top of the league this far into the season. I don't think Spurs fans, nor Jose give two sods what fans of other clubs think about the football.

djembatheking

Apologies - I misread the "we" as being we play rather than being the following word from "we will see".

It's been a long day and is getting late :)

Did wonder about your username :)
No problem mate , I just think Spurs are one dimensional and reliant on Kane and Son .

YAMS49

Rode their luck in the previous few and it run out. It’s unsustainable to play that way. Still, not sure that’s the games that decide if you win the league or not:
This. You can only play that way for so long. Eventually it will catch up with you.

Mindhunter

I'm thoroughly enjoying it to be honest. I can't remember the last time we were at the top of the league this far into the season. I don't think Spurs fans, nor Jose give two sods what fans of other clubs think about the football.
Fair enough if you are enjoying it. Don't talk for all Spurs fans though as there are a fair few who don't like the football.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We’ve already established your capacity for self-delusion in this thread but - hand on your heart - are you honestly enjoying this as much as when Spurs were actually getting praised for their football under Poch?

KekiZeki

Those are Spurs so no. But he is doing well with them, I guess he fits their style more. Still they are limited team and also Mourinho's ways only go so far. Spurs won't break the bank on signings and he can maybe come second this season, sadly, it does seem to be second to Liverpool's first.
Unless Pep gets his sh*t in order it seems Liverpool will get an easy title there. They complain about injuries but they have built quite the depth to their team now as well, hardly a "poor" club they always claimed to be.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I don’t think the problem for Spurs is sitting back and looking for counters, but you have to at least get out, relieve the pressure and give the opponent something to think about. Jose seems to be so obscenely negative in these games, and it invariably costs him.

Tbh, the biggest feck up in the last week was the Palace draw. Unforgivable the way Spurs sat back in the second half despite being head and shoulders the superior team. If they had gotten three points there then this Anfield game would have had a different complexion.

I think he will keep the players on side in the short term, but lads like Son and Kane won’t want to do this for too long, especially if the trophies aren’t forthcoming.

UncleBob

No.

If they'd limited Liverpool to having the ball but basically creating feck all, then outscored them, it would've been tactical perfection.

When the opposition is creating chance after chance but don't score, while you create a few decent chances and outscore them, it's luck, not tactical perfection.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We’ve already established your capacity for self-delusion in this thread but - hand on your heart - are you honestly enjoying this as much as when Spurs were actually getting praised for their football under Poch?
I am honestly yes because I actually believe we can win silverware playing like this. As much as I love Poch I never really believed we could sustain things long enough to win anything - apart from a wonderful Champions League run which was incredible of course and for which I will always love him. I want us to win stuff - I think we can under Jose. We could play 11 behind the ball every single match and win them 1-0 and I'll be absolutely fecking delighted.

Fair enough if you are enjoying it. Don't talk for all Spurs fans though as there are a fair few who don't like the football.
the Spurs fans I know want him gone, and wanted him gone the first day he arrived. Clearly they enjoyed the United game, and some of the results.

but simply put, unless he wins something big, then they don’t think it’s worth it.

AshRK

His football is shocking. Even Fulham showed more ambition than this. The moment son and kane gets bored with this brand of football, he is done.