Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

USREDEVIL

Its bad right now. Half of us hate Jose and the other half want to give him time to turn it around. His appointment split the fans and the results have made it worse. Its no worse than here at times though. We fans are all the same. Everything is either amazing or terrible, there is no middle ground.
Ahh the "Mourinho effect"; usually takes a couple years.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If you are suggesting im anything like squishy im honestly quite offended. I disagreed with about 99% of anything he ever said here.
How do I know?

I said potential. I also never thought Eriksen was world class.
Eriksen is our best and most important player imo - when he plays well the team play well and when he has a rare off day the team usually struggles. Most of our moves come through him. If any of our players are world class then I'd say it's him (and probably Kane).
When I spoke about Winks that was his response. And when I spoke about Lo Celso, you have the same response. And you thought Eriksen was a world class. I always have this vibe that Spurs fans are just overrating their players.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
How do I know?

When I spoke about Winks that was his response. And when I spoke about Lo Celso, you have the same response. And you thought Eriksen was a world class. I always have this vibe that Spurs fans are just overrating their players.
Bloody hell you are determined to catch me out for some reason. Honestly Eriksen showed flashes of being world class and on his best days he probably was but he was far too inconsistent to be properly world class. The point i was making was that he was one of the few players we had at that time that could be world class on their day.

Feel free to trawl through my many posts though to no doubt try and undermine me again if that floats your boat. You seem determined to do it.

By the way i never said Lo Celso is world class i said he has the potential to be and i stand by that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bloody hell you are determined to catch me out for some reason. Honestly Eriksen showed flashes of being world class and on his best days he probably was but he was far too inconsistent to be properly world class. The point i was making was that he was one of the few players we had at that time that could be world class on their day.

Feel free to trawl through my many posts though to no doubt try and undermine me again if that floats your boat. You seem determined to do it.

By the way i never said Lo Celso is world class i said he has the potential to be and i stand by that.
Well, squishy did talk about potential too when he was talking about Winks to me.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I never say you are. I'm just pointing out why I always have this vibe that Spurs fans are just overrating their players.
Squishy comparing Winks to Carrick was him overrating a spurs player. Me saying Eriksen was world class at his best is not overrating him, he was that good on his best days but he didn't have them enough to be truely world class. Me saying Lo Celso has potential to be world class is just my opinion based on what i have seen so far (he was rubbish tonight though) time will tell if im overrating him but right now i believe it.

I get frustrated when you make sweeping statements about Spurs fans and use an eejit like Squishy as the basis of your view. Squishy is not representative of most Spurs fans, he was mad.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Squishy comparing Winks to Carrick was him overrating a spurs player. Me saying Eriksen was world class at his best is not overrating him, he was that good on his best days but he didn't have them enough to be truely world class. Me saying Lo Celso has potential to be world class is just my opinion based on what i have seen so far (he was rubbish tonight though) time will tell if im overrating him but right now i believe it.
Squishy said Winks has potential to be Carrick's level based on what he has seen at that time. Eriksen was never a world class at his best. Come on man, you even compared him to De Bruyne at one point.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Squishy said Winks has potential to be Carrick's level based on what he has seen at that time. Eriksen was never a world class at his best. Come on man, you even compared him to De Bruyne at one point.
Ok i give up you win. I dont have the energy to continue talking in circles with you. Plenty of people thought Eriksen was world class at his best but whatever you disagree and that's fine. Ive said numerous times now that Eriksen was not a world class player but you are ignoring that.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

I get frustrated when you make sweeping statements about Spurs fans and use an eejit like Squishy as the basis of your view. Squishy is not representative of most Spurs fans, he was mad.
:lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You are trolling that's what you are doing.
If that's what you think then fine. I'll go along with whatever you said if that makes you happy.

Can you also please name me all other Spurs fans in here who are mad other than Squishy?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I've had enough if this now. You are the first person I've ever put on ignore here so well done for that i guess.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I've had enough if this now. You are the first person I've ever put on ignore here so well done for that i guess.
I know I won't be the last one especially with the way how you wind up others last week.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
In a way ya gotta feel for the guy - for everything s he has accomplished you d figure he kinda deserves to leave coaching on a relatively high. At this pt though you wonder how many clubs will have to suffer before he returns to that - if ever. I can imagine that someone with as much pride as him won't want to throw in the towel until he s won something again - and I don't mean in the MLS, Asia or the Middle East.
I feel Jose should just go international management, his brand of football will suit international football, making his team hard to beat, grabbing a goal in a knockout round.

Barnslig

Not gonna lie, seing the Mourinho effect from a far is actually very funny. I still can't believe they sacked Poch and got Mourinho after his time here

Fridge chutney

I don't hate Spurs so part of me is really not enjoying seeing him ruin them. I don't understand why the toxic cnut got a job at big (ish) club like Spurs after his recent stint at Chelsea and United.

Barnslig

I don't hate Spurs so part of me is really not enjoying seeing him ruin them. I don't understand why the toxic cnut got a job at big (ish) club like Spurs after his recent stint at Chelsea and United.
That's what makes it hilarious to me, how any big club would sign Mourinho after his last couple jobs is beyond me

croadyman

Looks very much to me like he hasn't been right since that second sacking at Chelsea and it's turning toxic inside that Spurs dressing room even quicker than it did at Utd and that is saying something. There looks to be real issues with both Alderweireld and Vertonghen plus this rumoured ongoing row with Ndombele as well.

I know I will probably get laughed at for this suggestion but I wonder if someone like Howe could get them at least playing some decent stuff again, yes I know he cannot get a tune out of Bournemouth at the moment but wonder if a new challenge could revitalise both him and Tottenham at the same time.

Infra-red

Looks very much to me like he hasn't been right since that second sacking at Chelsea and it's turning toxic inside that Spurs dressing room even quicker than it did at Utd and that is saying something.
I think it goes back further than that. Real Madrid ruined him. I genuinely think that he has hated football ever since, but just doesn't know what else to do with himself.

LoneStar

Jose gets too much credit for that. We forced Spurs back, don't let Joses nonsense fool you. He had no tactical answer for Ole
Yeah that’s my point. The way they played was unbearably negative and shit. I realised that we were playing like that for 2 years under him.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It’s amazing how he keeps making the exact same mistakes at every club, yet doesn’t question himself at all. The guy is an incredible narcissist.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Sometimes i wonder if Mourinho is creating all this drama on purpose.

BB King

It’s amazing how he keeps making the exact same mistakes at every club, yet doesn’t question himself at all. The guy is an incredible narcissist.
I think he really only knows how to set his teams up one way.
The fact that it has worked for him so many times, he doesn’t seem to be able to factor in the changing times of football like Sir Alex did.
After he inevitably gets sacked from Spurs I can really only see the national team or another Italian team talking a chance on him.

it’s really quite amazing how quickly his stock has fallen really.

TsuWave

Mourinho’s team losing always guarantees he’ll deliver great content