Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Pr
But honest question: when you sign a manager of his expected caliber, on the package I imagine he has, should the expectations not be a bit higher than "not doing anything wrong" (which is questionable at best, by the way)? Even with the squad's limitations, you wouldn't expect more from someone as experienced as him?

The reality is that if 10 games in next season the situation persists, you'll just highlight Mou's latest excuse (like he didn't get to spend x amount in the summer, or something else). We've been there.
Not with the mess we were in when he came in and then not with the injuries we then suffered. Honestly don't think anybody could have dealt with that. Ill judge him properly once next season starts. This one has been a total write off for months.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Isn’t Jose on £15m a year at Spurs I don’t see Levy getting rid of him anytime soon.

Big match tonight against Everton but I think Ancelotti will have his number in this one.
Oh dear. Is he really on 15 Mill a year to crash the club? I dont think Levy knows exactly who he hired. They’re getting Mourinho’d big time.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He'll love his captain trying to have a fight with Son won't he.

Also, I know Spurs were in a little bit of a drop in form but the way Spurs fans go on like he took over a total shiteshow is lovely excuse making for him.

At United he genuinely took over a mess.

Let's be real, this is more like Spurs real level isn't it. That blip of kind of competing for the title and regular CL qualification was a blip. This is the norm.

Deery

Dreary
Oh dear. Is he really on 15 Mill a year to crash the club? I dont think Levy knows exactly who he hired. They’re getting Mourinho’d big time.
Yep. Twice as much as they were paying Pochettino

Robbie Boy

He'll love his captain trying to have a fight with Son won't he.

Also, I know Spurs were in a little bit of a drop in form but the way Spurs fans go on like he took over a total shiteshow is lovely excuse making for him.

At United he genuinely took over a mess.

Let's be real, this is more like Spurs real level isn't it. That blip of kind of competing for the title and regular CL qualification was a blip. This is the norm.
Ohhhh naughty!

RUCK4444

Yeah Levy got this one hugely wrong. I’m usually all for giving managers time but I would cut my losses now with Mourinho, before he drags them any lower with his negative anti-football.

The temptation with Mourinho is there because of past achievements but you just know what your getting now with Mourinho, this is the norm and has been for a long time.

Cant believe he is on 15 mill a Year.

R'hllor

Like JM wil let himself to be sacked while on 15mil., first he will have good results period for them, PR machine will kick in to make Levy look stupid if he doesnt give him new contract and then JM will kick a fuss to force their hand to sack him = win.

Last edited:

Trophy Room

Just a dinosaur isn't he. He's done as a top flight manager. I enjoyed him as a pundit - he should return to Sky.

fps

Just a dinosaur isn't he. He's done as a top flight manager. I enjoyed him as a pundit - he should return to Sky.
He’ll become Portugal manager just as Ronaldo retires, this getting his next excuse in place.

Devil81

Spurs fans do not like him and want him gone already...

The guy's career is pretty much done top level if he gets sacked from this job yet I still feel his already looking for a way out of this job as he knows it's a thankless task.

He can't get this squad of players playing how he want's to play, they are an attacking team, Son and Kane need quick breaks and he's not interested in that type of football.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I actually think Spurs have regressed further under Mourinho. The football being played is too predictable. I’ve watched the last few games and it’s not fun at all. They’re playing a very reactive style instead of setting their own game plan into action like Poch used to do.

They’re also trying a lot more long balls over the top or far off crosses which is typical of Mourinho but spurs aren’t geared to play this style.

Should’ve just let Poch stay and get over the slump. It’s not like bringing Mourinho in made them any better or climb up the table much.

No wonder Kane came out a few months back and said what he said about maybe wanting to leave. He knows the road ahead is rocky and it’ll only get worse if Spurs don’t start winning and Mourinho makes a bigger mess out of the one already existent. It’s just sad to see a player of Kane’s caliber not being able to score anymore. If he was playing in the current united team he’d be scoring for fun.

Mourinho on the touch line creates so much anxiety. All the pressure and stress he brings isn’t always good for players.

I’m glad we got rid of him. Mourinho is way past his prime and I don’t see him getting a big job again after this spurs stint.

Last edited:

peridigm

How he's still employed as a manager is beyond my comprehension. Nothing but a get rich quick scam at this point.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Feels like when he wins now it's always because they're less shit than the other team rather than being good.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Turned spurs into a boring pile of shite. It’s like a horrible deja vu experience.

El Zoido

Seeing all those pictures of our lads laughing and smiling in training, loving life. Then you have two Spurs players trying to fight each other after a half of godawful, boring football. Just José things. Needs a cartoon thunder cloud perpetually above his head. Congrats, Spurs. At least you’ll be entertaining off the pitch.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Everything that was so during his time with us is now the case with Spurs, no relationships on the pitch, no patterns of play, he really has just rinsed and repeated what he did here and hasn't learnt anything which is probably the biggest sign that he's now down at this level given he inherited a Spurs squad levels above what we had here

Alemar

Watched last 10 mins against Everton. Boring as hell, fans simply can’t support him

AshRK

Ok as an ex jose fan even I have to say he has made spurs play some crap football. Although he would love the fact that his side kept a clean sheet. Good chance he beats arsenal too next week as he loves beating them.

The issue with him is deep inside his mind he would love today's performance and that is why he will never change his style. Glad he is no longer managing us.

Djemba-Djemba

The big problem is Mourinho will see nothing wrong with tonight. He probably loved how shite the game was.

He takes all the fun out of football, even when you win it's depressing.

Robbie Boy

The big problem is Mourinho will see nothing wrong with tonight. He probably loved how shite the game was.

He takes all the fun out of football, even when you win it's depressing.
He'll see it as a perfect night's work; a good old boring, drap, soulless one nil win.

SATA

Seeing all those pictures of our lads laughing and smiling in training, loving life. Then you have two Spurs players trying to fight each other after a half of godawful, boring football. Just José things. Needs a cartoon thunder cloud perpetually above his head. Congrats, Spurs. At least you’ll be entertaining off the pitch.
Wait, what happened there? Who among the Spurs players fought?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's got them playing that same depressingly dull brand of football that had so many United fans losing the will to live.

Pity those Spurs fans.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wow what did Son do leading to that? Lloris should have just said what he wanted to Son in the dressing room instead of being a twat there
Son didn't make any attempt to track back and let a player run past him which directly lead to a goal scoring opportunity for Everton so Lloris gave him a bollocking.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Son is a dick, to be fair. He's the only South Korean player ever I've found to be unlikable.

mu4c_20le

Wow what did Son do leading to that? Lloris should have just said what he wanted to Son in the dressing room instead of being a twat there
Imagine if Harry had a go at Martial like that for being lazy

RyRoc

It’s crazy to think that 5 years ago this guy won a league title with Chelsea , he seems so so out of touch with modern day football , it’s such a struggle to watch his teams play. Don’t get it twisted , this spurs side under the right manager could play exciting attacking football , they have the players to do so. Also the spurs defence isn’t particularly good and even though they ground it out tonight surely he doesn’t see that as the way this particular set of players should play. Bizarre appointment.