Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think Spurs are going to win the league under Mourinho, but I think they'll pick up a cup or two.

I kind of want to get up early to watch their game tomorrow now.

Foxbatt

Jose will win trophies at Spurs. May not be the league or the CL but sure he will win. And he is going to finish above United too I feel.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I wonder if people can see how badly he let us down. All this stuff about the board but how about

Signed Matic who turned to shit
Signed Sanchez who turned out shit
Signed Lindelof who was shit under him
Signed Fred who turned it shut
Signed Pogba (for a world record fee sanctuoneds by the evil board) and fell out with the 'virus'
Signed Bailly who turned to shit
Signed Mkhitarian who turned to shit
Signed Lukaku who eventually went fat and left the club

This isn't even counting the boring/defensive football, publically throwing tantrums and having us 11 points off 4th in his final season. Jose had lots to do but so do most managers. The ones who do a good job don't leave their team worse off after spending 350 million pounds.
The mental gymnastics people go thru to defend him given all you posted is honestly quite baffling. You literally have to deny/ignore these things that happened to continue to defend him.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Even with Mourinho Spurs aren't going to challenge for the title this season or the next one but at least this makes Spurs a more interesting team to watch now. I think he can definitely improve them and can't wait to see them play Arsenal and Chelsea. :lol:

redshaw

For me Jose binned his third season off, he did finish second with our squad, with Spurs and Poch the Great behind us.

While I don't think Jose can overcome Klopp or Pep normally, if one or both leave he can pick up the pieces easily. When the league takes 80-90 points to win he has the ability to be there.

I'd love it to go tits up but his real ability is to be up there or thereabouts, he's proved it recently at Chelsea and United. He has a good squad ready and will want to avoid shitting in a new London home/club and could build a very strong Spurs and be part of a tough top 3.

Once again we'll be watching on with the short straw.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I don't think Spurs are going to win the league under Mourinho, but I think they'll pick up a cup or two.

I kind of want to get up early to watch their game tomorrow now.
Are you a masochist? :D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The mental gymnastics people go thru to defend him given all you posted is honestly quite baffling. You literally have to deny/ignore these things that happened to continue to defend him.
It's the narrative Mourinho wants people to believe. But it's easy to see through and pick apart really. His development of players any the collective which was evident by anyone with a working pair of eyes was ample evidence that be didn't do enough. And no amount of board blaming will ever change his failings at United.

But he is/was a great manager so you never know what might happen at Spurs. As I've said before I believe that Pochettino has laid fanatastic foundations and any manager would be lucky to take over his team right now. So this may be the job that brings Mourinho back as a top level manager. Or of course it could confirm that he's no longer an elite manager as was apparent from his time at United.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I wonder if people can see how badly he let us down. All this stuff about the board but how about

Signed Pogba (for a world record fee sanctuoneds by the evil board) and fell out with the 'virus'

This isn't even counting the boring/defensive football, publically throwing tantrums and having us 11 points off 4th in his final season. Jose had lots to do but so do most managers. The ones who do a good job don't leave their team worse off after spending 350 million pounds.
How dare you state the obvious, amol? Didn’t you know that the moment these players turned to shit, most of them all of a sudden became Ed signings, & not Mourinho signings! :lol:

DoomSlayer

How dare you state the obvious, amol? Didn’t you know that the moment these players turned to shit, most of them all of a sudden became Ed signings, & not Mourinho signings! :lol:
That's why it's called the Mourinho cult. It's like the "Children of the Vault" in the new Borderlands game. :lol:

C_Senior

Supports
Liverpool fc
I just get a feeling things will turn out superbly well for Jose and Spurs. They're quite a match and good things will come out of this at the end of the day. Looking forward to the match with Westham, hoping for a positive results. Good luck Jose!

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
So Zlatan to Spurs over the Christmas break as backup for Kane? On a free so Levy can just negotiate wages for a year. Still think he could come on and do a job for 30mins or play in cups, they had Llorente specifically for that role but decided not to renew his contract for whatever reason.

Do Spurs even have a backup striker? They just push Son up top when Kane is out right?

sillwuka

Very interested in his first game against West Ham.

It will be very strange seeing him in that Spurs tracksuit. I now know how odd it must have felt when Chelsea fans realised he would manage us.

sugar_kane

I notice he's already started with the little digs at players (telling a press conference that he asked Dele Alli if he was the real Dele or his brother...)

When he did stuff like that early on at United I optimistically looked at it as him coming in and bringing a winners mentality to the dressing room but in reality it's just a sneak peak of the inevitable turmoil and wars to come.

He never changes, and while sort of intrigued at how things will unfold I also feel quite uncomfortable at the idea of another public meltdown as by the end at Chelsea and United he didn't look physically or mentally well at all.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
And when they start doing well they become Mourinho signings again :D

Ish

Lights on for Luke
@amolbhatia50k @DoomSlayer

Sorry, seem to be having trouble quoting messages. Yeah, it’s sometimes a bit weird how people defend people who had little, to no, affiliation or love for the club anyway.

The other favorite line thrown around is about how those who wanted mourinho gone are deluded if they think he was the only issue at the club. Yeah, no shit. I don’t think I’ve seen many, if anyone, who’s ever suggested that the Board/Ed and/or owners also take a major share of the blame.

doriandun

I notice he's already started with the little digs at players (telling a press conference that he asked Dele Alli if he was the real Dele or his brother...)

When he did stuff like that early on at United I optimistically looked at it as him coming in and bringing a winners mentality to the dressing room but in reality it's just a sneak peak of the inevitable turmoil and wars to come.

He never changes, and while sort of intrigued at how things will unfold I also feel quite uncomfortable at the idea of another public meltdown as by the end at Chelsea and United he didn't look physically or mentally well at all.
You only see it as a dig because you have chosen to attach an emotional element to the comment, and by doing so fail to objectively look at the statement, as it is, 'no word has meaning only the meaning you choose to give to it' what he is doing is testing Dele to see how intelligent he is, will he respond by letting his emotions rule his decisions making, or can Dele rise to the challenge, go away and reflect about what was said and ask himself some hard questions, whats going on in my game, are there area's in my life where i can make improvements, that might help my game, do i need to ask for help.

For the last two years Dele has had Poch, who many wax lyrical about being a really good man manager and manager in all it ills, and his form has dropped of badly, now is that an inditement on Poch or the player, the same can be labelled at a few others.

Dele is the first player he will work on, followed by Moura, where he will try and improve his decision making, and Sanchez his reading of the game.
Dele sat there and allowed Son, to come in and take his spot in the team without a fight and has yet to respond.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Mourinho claims he lost his passion while at Old Trafford.

To paraphrase Alan Shearer, yes, Jose, we noticed.

But you can’t blame him too much. All our players and managers have lost their passion while under Woodward. Most of us fans too.

Walters_19_MuFc

He loves himself a 4231. That's the system he's gone with against West Ham.

Got a similar style of player to what he had at Chelsea and I guess what he tried to do at United.

Decent front line, but he'll be definitely looking to strengthen his back line and midfield in the future.

Think Alli will really benefit from Jose's appointment. He likes himself a goalscoring midfielder.

peridigm

Is the first time we've seen Jose take over mid-season or did he do that with Inter?

TheReligion

Abusive
Mourinho claims he lost his passion while at Old Trafford.

To paraphrase Alan Shearer, yes, Jose, we noticed.

But you can’t blame him too much. All our players and managers have lost their passion while under Woodward. Most of us fans too.
Course you can blame him. It was his job to put things right!

R'hllor

Just turned BT and they mentioned something about him admitting he was unhappy with us, whats that about?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Just turned BT and they mentioned something about him admitting he was unhappy with us, whats that about?
He did an interview with Des Kelly, which I missed some of as well and admitted he was unhappy at OT. There must be some on here who heard the whole context of it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Basically said he was unhappy at united and he’d lost the passion. Completely makes sense the way he acted.

Says he feels he can fall in love with football again at Tottenham.

R'hllor

Basically said he was unhappy at united and he’d lost the passion. Completely makes sense the way he acted.

Says he feels he can fall in love with football again at Tottenham.
Ah i see, guess thats a good enough reason why he sold out a game vs West Ham away for example. cnut.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ah i see, guess thats a good enough reason why he sold out a game vs West Ham away for example. cnut.
Yep, no wonder he tried his best to clash with the big personalities. He wanted sacking for his compensation clear and simple.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Not sure if serious...

The guy has won silverware at every club he's been at - he is, literally, a serial winner.

Let's back up a bit though...

He was a bad fit with the current Utd board - but the club itself I don't think so. He's the most similar manager to Fergie we've had post Fergie, so to say that he didn't ft United itself is untrue.

We currently have a manager who plays utterly shit footy, gets crap results and is a proven failure in top level management - surely more of a 'bad fit' for Utd than Mourinho.
I have read numerous posts about Jose at Manchester United, most of which are highly inaccurate.
This by contrast is a very relevant assessment and makes good sense.

BlahRules

Spurs winning the next few games is very pridictable. I want to see after January, how he gets the team consistently to win.

Foxbatt

He is a top class manager no matter how a cnut he is. He has a better squad at Spurs and less expectations and less scrutiny at Spurs than at United. He will get them going for sure.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

It's not hyperbole to say he pushed this club back a few years. Honestly.

Ban

I have read numerous posts about Jose at Manchester United, most of which are highly inaccurate.
This by contrast is a very relevant assessment and makes good sense.
I love how he never misses a chance to absolutely shit on Ole.