Jose Mourinho to PSG?

Bojan11

Ancellotti. Better football to watch too.
Yeah ask Bayern fans.

We need to keep Jose and let him spend money on big attackers. It’s ridiculous relying on Rashford and Martial. People go on about Rooney and Ronaldo. They had players like Scholes and Giggs alongside them.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah ask Bayern fans.

We need to keep Jose and let him spend money on big attackers. It’s ridiculous relying on Rashford and Martial. People go on about Rooney and Ronaldo. They had players like Scholes and Giggs alongside them.
I would snap both your arms off for Martial and Rashford. Not sure why you think they're the problem.

Bojan11

I would snap both your arms off for Martial and Rashford. Not sure why you think they're the problem.
Would they get in ahead of Mane and Salah? Nope.

That’s the type of signings we should have made. Madness we haven’t signed a proper winger.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

I'd like to know who this knight in shining armour is that can replace him and get closer to W18 D1 L0 Guardiola.
Invest at a similar level and then lets see who is the boss. As the club who founded modern football economics, they should know this better than most.

Only when the board match City's cumulative 3 year investment cycle can they start whinging about any under performance.

Hed Zitin

Can't wait for another manager to come in and hold onto the overrated shit at this club.

Can we please keep a manager to remove the dead wood please?

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Anyone suggesting we replace Mourinho with Ancelotti can feck off tbh. Let's not get in another one who's past his best.

Cloud7

How long before Jose completely loses the plot and shaves his head again? A shaven head is the best indicator of losing the plot and it's at that stage I'd be worried about him leaving for PSG
:lol::lol: We need a José haircut watch

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Ancelotti failed at Bayern because his laid back approach backfired and was unnescessary for already molded in Pep's vision team. The players were unhappy with his methods. I think he would be good successor of Jose though (he did it once already at Real) but he is a temporary solution and very uneffective on domestic scene..

Bojan11

Ancelotti failed at Bayern because his laid back approach backfired and was unnescessary for already molded in Pep's vision team. The players were unhappy with his methods. I think he would be good successor of Jose though (he did it once already at Real) but he is a temporary solution and very uneffective on domestic scene..
He had a world class team at Real with Bale and Isco joining. Full array of attackers.

We don’t even come close. Even at Chelsea he had a very good team. Ancelotti for me isn’t a team builder like Jose.

Fully Fledged

Yeah ask Bayern fans.

Ask Chelsea fans.

Camilo

People are fecking mad if they say Jose leaving wouldn't bother them. He's only been here 18 months for goodness sake, and only a fool could fail to see the huge strides we've made. Ancelotti? That's the solution?! Christ.

Jaybomb

He’ll need new defenders if he wants to compete with Pep.

You can’t compete against Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Stones, Mangala, Danilo and Mendy with Smalling, Jones, Young and an aging Valencia. It’s not gonna happen. Never in a million years will we win a league title with those four in our defence.

Bailly and Rojo are decent but we still need more quality in there. Guys like Van Dijk, David Luiz and Alex Sandro are all available and we should be in for them. Add a winger like Perisic and we’ll be flying. I genuinely believe our main problems lie with the lack of quality in defence and the fact that our winger options are two strikers (Martial/Rashford)

Don’t let the stats fool you. We have “one of the best defences in the league” because we have the best goalkeeper in the world bailing them out.

northender

Supports
Preston North End
Can't see him staying at United beyond his current contract. He's restored United to a minimum top 4 side again on this season's showing, but he isn't the character/style of manager for United in the long term.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
I hope its just a run of bad form and not the mistake SAF made around 2002 where he said he would be retiring which affected the players that season and as a result downed tools.
Hope it isnt a case that he has told the players he is leaving for PSG.

cyril C

I wouldn't be too sad at all, obviously dependent on who we get in to replace him.
Manager comes and goes, same as with players. In fact, we lost more after CR departure. As long as he doesn't leave in the middle of season then I am fine. What is important for the Board, is to have a successor plan and can come up with a list of potential and qualified candidate as soon as possible, obviously the promise of 200-300m war chest is important to lure the candidate.

DRM

I'm sorry but would be a disaster if Mourinho left. I don't see anyone else out there who could do a better job than him? He's doing good work here and needs to stay, getting rid of him now would set us back a couple of years again!

JohnnyKills

There is some serious disconnect between this forum and match-going Manc fans the last few years.

Same under Moyes, this forum use to rip the guy to shreds yet the Stretford End use to support him, aswell as Van Gaal. That's the club we are, this forum is just an invitation for faceless trolls to say things they wouldn't dare to someone's face or at a game.

Because of our decline since Fergie, it has given rise to some members on this forum with an agenda and axe to grind to feel like they are important and their opinion actually matters. So much entitlement.. yet match-going reds are just thankful to be at the club supporting the club. Things could be much much worse ! I wish people on this forum would be thankful for getting to watch a football game on Sky be it at home or down the pub.. many people ain't so lucky.
This is the most brainless post I've read in this forum.

Fans get to vent their opinion. This is a football forum, a place for debate. You don't get to decide what opinion everyone should hold, just because you believe it yourself.

And stop with the 'top red' bullshit, it's tiresome. Blindly applauding the manager doesn't make you a better fan than other supporters, which is a status you clearly aspire to.

I am a match-going fan, have been for years, and I can assure you the OT crowd doesn't just blindly support anything and everyone connected with the club like a lobotomised lapdog. If players are having a bad game, or the manager is getting it wrong, fans vent - that's football, and United is no different.

I personally think Mourinho has done a good job in stabilising us and has signed good players, but his tactics can be overly negative and the hoofball can be awful. That seems a perfectly reasonably view and it's annoying to have to constantly deal with look-at-me nonsense like the post you served up.

Last edited:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Fans get to vent their opinion. This is a football forum, a place for debate. You don't get to decide what opinion everyone should hold, just because you believe it yourself.

And stop with the 'top red' bullshit, it's tiresome. Blindly applauding the manager doesn't make you a better fan than other supporters, which is a status you clearly aspire to.

I am a match-going fan, have been for years, and I can assure you the OT crowd doesn't just blindly support anything and everyone connected with the club like a lobotomised puppy. If players are having a bad game, or the manager is getting it wrong, fans vent - that's football, and United is no different.

I personally think Mourinho has done a good job in stabilising us and had signed good players, but his tactics can be overly negative and the hoofball can be awful. That seems a perfectly reasonably view and it's annoying to have to constantly deal with look-at-me nonsense like the post you served up.
Great post mate!

IRELANDUNITED

Nope. Tactics are spot on. Just need to buy Van Djik and a decent keeper with no changes to our style whatsoever.

Even if you did sign Van Djik it wont improve you massively, its klopp who hasn't a clue how to set up a team to defend so Van Djik will look as big a clown as Lovern does.

el3mel

Carlo will be a disastrous appointment.

The guy needs a full team, already built and in its prime, to win with it. He's not the one to do transfers or build a team. He has shown through the last years even under Madrid that his transfer approach are disastrous and dependent on what the board only wants.

With our current squad I can see us struggling to get top 4 under Carlo. Feck no.

JohnnyKills

Carlo will be a disastrous appointment.

The guy needs a full team, already built and in its prime, to win with it. He's not the one to do transfers or build a team. He has shown through the last years even under Madrid that his transfer approach are disastrous and dependent on what the board only wants.

With our current squad I can see us struggling to get top 4 under Carlo. Feck no.
Yeah I'm not wowed by Ancelotti either..
Let's give JM more time - way too premature to talk about sacking him now IMO. If the football's still crap at the end of the season it might be a more viable suggestion.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Even if you did sign Van Djik it wont improve you massively, its klopp who hasn't a clue how to set up a team to defend so Van Djik will look as big a clown as Lovern does.
It will improve us massively. Sure our tactics will leave us open occasionally but if the defender makes the right decision then there will be no brain fart actions leading to goals. Like having a skilled surgeon dealing with your insides in an emergency as opposed to a chuckle brother who's drunk.

IRELANDUNITED

It will improve us massively. Sure our tactics will leave us open occasionally but if the defender makes the right decision then there will be no brain fart actions leading to goals. Like having a skilled surgeon dealing with your insides in an emergency as opposed to a chuckle brother who's drunk.
Lovern looked excellent at Southampton, look at him now and to be honest I don't rate Van Djik that highly anyway. Personally I hope Liverpool do spunk the majority of the Countino money on Van Djik, it won't be a transfer that worries me.

willowisp

I think he'll ask for players in January. If he doesn't get them he'll walk at the end of the season. He is coming from a fairly strong position, especially if he can find a buyer for our outward bound players.

GM K

2nd in the league
2nd most goals scored
Joint 1st for goals conceded
One of the best defensive records in Europe
One of the best home records in Europe
Goals per game way up from LvG and top 12 in Europe atm
Points per games way up from Lvg and top 9 in Europe atm
Back in the CL, coasting through groups and a good chance of making last 8 (compared to bowing out at the GS/not qualifying)

I remember when you lot were losing at OT in the PL to Norwich, Swansea and West Brom ffs. :lol:

He's vastly improved United and some of you lot are too blind to see it.

I get the frustration at the gap between you and City - fact is they're having a historic season and blame it on the board as their City counterparts have been making smarter commercial and footballing decisions since as far back as Fergie still being in charge and it's paying dividends down the line.

Mourinho is the guy restoring the balance, building United back to where they need to be and succeeding at it. What are you gonna do, sack him half way through that ongoing and working process and replace him with a flavour of the month manager?

I half hope he goes, at least then you'll probably end up appreciating the job he did when you end up back finishing 6th.

Excellent post.

Exactly my position. People are understandably upset but that should not make us realistic.

In the large scheme of things, Jose is taking the club in the right direction.

red thru&thru

People go on as if we never had bad results under saf. I for one don’t try to be a “top red”, however, I Will support my team. People being negative is tiresome.

Alabaster Codify7

I am a match-going fan, have been for years, and I can assure you the OT crowd doesn't just blindly support anything and everyone connected with the club like a lobotomised lapdog. If players are having a bad game, or the manager is getting it wrong, fans vent - that's football, and United is no different.

I personally think Mourinho has done a good job in stabilising us and has signed good players, but his tactics can be overly negative and the hoofball can be awful. That seems a perfectly reasonably view and it's annoying to have to constantly deal with look-at-me nonsense like the post you served up.

Great post mate. Exactly my thoughts when I read his original post, pure t**red in full tilt.
Mourinho has done a solid job so far, but somewhat unspectacular. I like him, I want him to succeed, but if he downs tools and leaves I wont be THAT bothered if I'm honest. I'd just be worried about who the board target to replace him. I definitely think he likes the idea of PSG, though. We'll see.

Ss3bba

He’ll need new defenders if he wants to compete with Pep.

You can’t compete against Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Stones, Mangala, Danilo and Mendy with Smalling, Jones, Young and an aging Valencia. It’s not gonna happen. Never in a million years will we win a league title with those four in our defence.

Bailly and Rojo are decent but we still need more quality in there. Guys like Van Dijk, David Luiz and Alex Sandro are all available and we should be in for them. Add a winger like Perisic and we’ll be flying. I genuinely believe our main problems lie with the lack of quality in defence and the fact that our winger options are two strikers (Martial/Rashford)

Don’t let the stats fool you. We have “one of the best defences in the league” because we have the best goalkeeper in the world bailing them out.
Are you real? Just last season those same city players were being berated here for being rubbish at defending. Our defence is good, they just need time to learn to fight for each other. The guy is trying to remedy this by adding to the squad slowly yet most of you want him to leave so that we start again. It's good that none of you is in charge.

exit35

2nd in the league
2nd most goals scored
Joint 1st for goals conceded
One of the best defensive records in Europe
One of the best home records in Europe
Goals per game way up from LvG and top 12 in Europe atm
Points per games way up from Lvg and top 9 in Europe atm
Back in the CL, coasting through groups and a good chance of making last 8 (compared to bowing out at the GS/not qualifying)

I remember when you lot were losing at OT in the PL to Norwich, Swansea and West Brom ffs. :lol:

He's vastly improved United and some of you lot are too blind to see it.

I get the frustration at the gap between you and City - fact is they're having a historic season and blame it on the board as their City counterparts have been making smarter commercial and footballing decisions since as far back as Fergie still being in charge and it's paying dividends down the line.

Mourinho is the guy restoring the balance, building United back to where they need to be and succeeding at it. What are you gonna do, sack him half way through that ongoing and working process and replace him with a flavour of the month manager?

I half hope he goes, at least then you'll probably end up appreciating the job he did when you end up back finishing 6th.
This post is the truth.

Some people are letting their bias against Mourinho cloud their judgement or they are expecting too much and forgetting how far we dropped under Moyes and LVG (after some stagnation towards the end of SAF reign).

The last thing we need right now is another managerial change especially when you consider how much better we are doing under Mourinho.

Reactions: Niall

minoo-utd

People who run the club will be so stupid to not renew Jose's contract the guy with lots of poor names at our squad and lots of injuries has improved us alot. The board made 2 unacceptable and un forgivable mistakes with hiring the likes of Moyes and LVG they let us down they made us so negative, they can't do another huge mistake of they let Jose go, tie him with a good contract and back the man he is the one who can stop Pep again if the board don't see that then they are punch of idiots and non- football brains and don't be surprised of they hire Giggs and risk everything.

dichinero

This needs to be bookmarked.

This Top Red thing is absolute nonsense. One poster told another poster that he/she is not a true fan because they made a critical comment against the manager. Since when did a disposition to an employee of Manchester United, whether manager, player or tea lady determine how much of a true fan you are?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
All in all there's currently only one worthwhile upgrade on Jose Mourinho, but he's already working on the other side of town.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Oh yeah?

Where were you all during moyes year?

Kapardin

Ancellotti. Better football to watch too.
Sez a Liverpool fan. We will finish 5th or 6th with this squad under Ancelotti.

The Mirror article is written by that plank Simon Mullock, who is a known ABU. Just a few months ago, he called some United fan a bellend on twitter. So nothing more than a rabble-rouser, him and Delaney are a pair.

Nikelesh Reddy

I'm sorry but would be a disaster if Mourinho left. I don't see anyone else out there who could do a better job than him? He's doing good work here and needs to stay, getting rid of him now would set us back a couple of years again!
Exactly,it would be ridiculous to get rid of Jose if we finish in the top 3,we have to give Jose another transfer window to go toe to toe with City.I think a lot of folks have probably forgotten how shambolic we were under LVG/Moyes,on the pitch and in the transfer window.We are finally beginning to look like a big club again,we need to give Jose more time to turn us into champions...