Jose Mourinho v Ryan Giggs... who do you want? [POLL]

Who would you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. J

No they can't. And players still want to come to Manchester United. We're far more respected than City; every European I've met here and abroad has had a disdainful view of them.

It's Ryan fecking Giggs. One of the most decorated players in history. Pretty much all the footballers on the planet will have watched him play and be a fan.
Don't get me wrong, Giggs the player is one of my all-time favorites. He's a huge gamble as a manager, and everyone knows it. He'll be taking over a struggling side that needs rebuilding with no guarantee of Champions League football.

And it's silly to think that City can't compete with United in terms of finance. Their squad cost around the same if not more than United's, and their wage bill is similar as well. The Pep factor is a huge draw for City, as well.

United are more respected than City because City have purchased their way into the elite. No fan with half a brain looking on from the outside can actually respect that. Still, players are after money and trophies, and City looks to be the safer bet at the moment. Hiring Giggs does nothing to close that gap.

Dr. J

But it will actually be Fergie managing. Giggs just a mouth piece.

Fergie back running the football team :drool:
Do you really think Sir Alex is going to be the one managing the team? Part of what made Fergie great was his motivational skills and the ability to get the best out of his players. He will not be the one in the locker room making speeches or on the sidelines making in-game tactical decisions.

fallengt

I have no problem with Giggs being United manager but if he (or anyone) thinks that seat is reserved for him and he deserves it then he can feck right off .

Moonred

If assistant managers are supposed to be held accountable for performances, then Giggs shouldn't get one more shot at that, let alone being the main guy. If assistant managers are just dummies, then Giggs for his own sake should go somewhere and really bring out what he is capable of. Mourinho or whoever won't be here forever and Giggs is young.

RedDevil@84

No brainer really. One guy who has loads of experience and trophies and just failed in his last job. Another man, yet trying to get his coaching badge hopefully from one of the school of Manchester at least.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Lies. Not long ago you were calling 'accountants' posters who weren't completely crazy to want a guy who has managed four matches in his life as our permanent manager.
No. I've never said I wanted Ryan Giggs to be the manager of Manchester United and especially not in our current situation. I would be very excited if it ever happened however.

I despise the nonsense posted about Giggs disguised as facts and common sense. There are legitimate reasons for not wanting Giggs without making stuff up.

And yes, my opinion on some of the posters on Giggs' threads isn't that. Last time I posted my opinion I got warned so I'll leave it at that.

nick2004

8.5% of redcafe members want Giggs as our next manager.

If you ever wondered what is the percentage of caf members that support other teams ... here is the answer! :cool:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

If you ever wondered what is the percentage of caf members that support other teams ... here is the answer! :cool:
There is a good chunk of those United fans though

RedDevil@84

It could be just those who would rather have Giggs than Mou. Mou is not really known for being likable

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The only thing Fergie should have done with Moyes is left him to manage Everton.
This * infinity. Though, playing open cards, I liked the idea back then. Moyes, honest - hard working Scot, going on to be successful & stay with us another 10-20 years. FFS. What a fool I was. Hindsight & all that.

I still had a little sympathy for Moyes as well. Now I can't stand the sight of him. Especially reading all the shit he spews.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I'm not Jose's biggest fan but if we have to decide between him and Giggs, it's mind-boggling anyone who supports United wants Giggs. A proven manager (with a "special" character, ok) against an unproven understudy to two unsuccessful managers...

nick2004

I'm not Jose's biggest fan but if we have to decide between him and Giggs, it's mind-boggling anyone who supports United wants Giggs. A proven manager (with a "special" character, ok) against an unproven understudy to two unsuccessful managers...
But are there any?

Between 2000 and 2012, if you run a poll in redcafe with the choices:

1. Do you want SAF to retire NOW?
2. Do you want SAF to stay longer?

... I am sure that the split would be more than 8%-92%!

Remember: Not all those who vote are Man Utd fans!

(Of course, there are always a couple of unimportant exceptions to any rule...)

RedDevil@84

People making it about personal flaws is what's ironic.
The personal flaws are important because even the best managers could drive a team to the ground if he cant win/maintain the faith of the players, he is working with. I think they have a point.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
I am not a fan of Mourinho, I think he has a lot to prove in terms of building a team and improving young players. However, if it's a choice between him and Giggs then I'd much prefer Mourinho - Giggs has achieved nothing in management and needs to cut his teeth elsewhere before he enters the conversation.

Infra-red

My preference would be to hire someone qualified. Giggs isn't.

You could run numerous polls with Mourinho substituted for Conte, Simeone, Blanc, Pochettino etc and the inexperienced assistant working as part of two of the worst managerial regimes at United in living memory is not getting my vote.

DrunkenBeaver

Using the most often cited pro-Giggs argument, which seems to be 'Look at other rare examples of people with little experience doing well' - what then, with that in mind, is the argument against appointing Tim Sherwood?

Anyone who doesn't think we should offer Tim Sherwood the job should just look at other rare examples of people with little experience doing well in management, right?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Using the most often cited pro-Giggs argument, which seems to be 'Look at other rare examples of people with little experience doing well' - what then, with that in mind, is the argument against appointing Tim Sherwood?

Anyone who doesn't think we should offer Tim Sherwood the job should just look at other rare examples of people with little experience doing well in management, right?
Doesn't know the club inside out ;)

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Fergie was a winner, he'd win at all costs, even if we had to smash and grab, even if we had to win 4-3.
Mourinho is closer to that ilk of Fergie in that respect. Plus his transfers are more impressive.

Giggs hasn't proven anything to deserve the job, and frankly I wouldn't want to put the next few years in his hands.

Polite Poster

Supports
Manchester City
So it's a toss up between the eye gouger and the family man.

This is what United have come to !

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
So it's a toss up between the eye gouger and the family man.

This is what United have come to !
That's off-field stuff though, and it's folly to associate someone's off-field behaviour with their professional activities. And I say this as someone with a tinfoil wig.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That's off-field stuff though, and it's folly to associate someone's off-field behaviour with their professional activities. And I say this as someone with a tinfoil wig.
It has to though, it's called integrity and trust and Ryan has shown he has neither. He will need to discipline players and be a role model for the young players. Neither of which he can be.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Anyway, doesnt Eva have her day in court with Jose still to come?

When does this happen? Hopefully she sues the shite out of him

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It has to though, it's called integrity and trust and Ryan has shown he has neither. He will need to discipline players and be a role model for the young players. Neither of which he can be.
I'm as guilty as any Caf poster of surmising; studying body-language; translating languages I don't speak; taking bonkers conspiracy theories seriously; and playing detective with crappy evidence. But I realise that it's faulty logic, and amateurish thinking. And this is why I think it's often dangerous to connect personal lives with professional ones. I don't believe that Ryan is particularly trustworthy...but I don't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.