Jose Mourinho's press conference - Brighton (FA Cup) - 14:00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Is he saying the team he has isn't good enough to best Sevilla?

izec

The Sevilla loss is on him, he can spin that as much as he likes and talk about the second world war if he wants, the loss is on him.

AshRK

Truth hurts and jose is telling truth but someone tell jose he is not paid to lecture about how crap we have been since sir alex retired but to improve us. He is doing the same thing that lvg did, feed his own ego at the expense of the club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What didn't you understand?
He is just explaining how big teams can go out earlier and people should get over it. He's also saying that City have a foundation of players that have bed themselves in longer.

From that you've told him to go to PSG. It's very bizarre.

redom

I think he has a bit of a point there. Cohesion/continuity is, imo, the most under rated aspect in all of pro sports. Until United has a consistent starting 11, we will continue to see the ups and downs we have been.
It is important but only to a point, those City players have been at the club for a number of years and played at different levels under different managers, it's not like being at a club for a certain amount of time means you automatically start to play better and more expansive football. Having a group that's familiar with each others game may make it easier to impart group styles and philosophies but it's still down to a manager to get them playing a certain way and bringing the best out of those players on an individual and collective level which is something Mourinho has struggled to do.

BigCaine

Mourinho better win the Brighton game playing well because otherwise i see much of the fence sitters right now jumping on the mourinho out bandwagon. Why on earth would you pore oil in what is already a blazing fire?

Judas

Open to offers
No amount of spin can make up for the fact the team he currently has was more than capable of easily winning on Tuesday. Not sure why he can’t just own up to that.

Adisa

The excuse he and people on here are giving would make sense if we were knocked out by a team of superior quality.

RedDevil@84

Don't really care what he says or how he defends himself, as long as the players show it on the pitch. LvG used to give out nonsense in press con and then dish out a boring pointless performance.
As far as it is only the former and not the latter, I can live with it

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Not that I disagree with him but maybe you can make that speech after you lose to Bayern, not the worst Sevilla side in a decade. Team quality is not up there with the best but it's not the reason we lost, so it's kind of out of place to emphasize it now.

Adisa

Truth hurts and jose is telling truth but someone tell jose he is not paid to lecture about how crap we have been since sir alex retired but to improve us. He is doing the same thing that lvg did, feed his own ego at the expense of the club.
Crap enough to adopt those tactics against Sevilla? Not buying it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s reasonable excuse for being so far behind City in the league but a lame excuse for being so comprehensively outclassed by Sevilla over two legs. I have some sympathy in that he probably should get more credit for our league campaign but bringing up City after Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs all made a much better fist than us of their CL campaigns is missing the point.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Cracking stuff... Direct from heart that. You fight on, Jose :drool:

GlasgowRedz

This will annoy some people, but he is spot on.
I get what he's saying, and I agree that Man City started from a stronger position due to actually having a vision for the way they want the club to play. They've been building that squad for years and Guardiola has benefitted.

I still think that given more time and more players, Mourinho can be a success here and can win a PL title and can have us challenging for the Champions League.

That being said, that doesn't mean that at this moment in time he doesn't have a team capable of taking the game to Sevilla at Old Trafford. This is what the fans are annoyed about and not that we aren't in the Quarter Finals or challenging for the trophy. By trying to make out that's what the issue is he's just muddying the waters in the hope that it all goes away somehow.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Bingo. This whole narrative doesn’t fit when we lost to a team who shouldn’t have had a chance.
So on the basis of that tie, he's not up to the job? That seems to be the popular opinion now. I'm not sure if it helps the team at all for him to come out crying and saying he did a shite job against Sevilla.

AshRK

Crap enough to adopt those tactics against Sevilla? Not buying it.
Thats why I said he is just feeding his own ego at the expense of our club. He has a hug eego but he needs to change and adapt otherwise he will just be another van gaal.

Donnie Brasco

Bravo Jose for telling it like it is. Something a big part of our fanbase can't seem to understand.

He didn't inherite anything close to those players, our best players are those he bought and brought here. The expectations are not close to reality.

Fergie's last years in the market were a disaster, didn't replace Ronaldo, Moyes was a disaster in the market so was Van Gaal, basically it set us back a decade.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I now know why he's named the special one.

As he has a special way of making up multiple excuses when he loses :rolleyes:

Donnie Brasco

Because he is in the process of making United less shit. He's not wrong about United being dogshit after Ferguson.
Sorry but we as fans should also be able to discuss some of the stuff Fergie did during his last years. He's the GOAT but he's also human and did many mistakes and he should be discussed.

Not replacing Ronaldo, Scholes set us back a decade there is no questions about it. That he let the Glazers pocket the Ronaldo money is unforgivable. That's the reason why Real and Barca are still fighting for CL wins and why we aren't.

SirAF

Ageist
Bravo Jose for telling it like it is. Something a big part of our fanbase can't seem to understand.

He didn't inherite anything close to those players, our best players are those he bought and brought here. The expectations are not close to reality.

Fergie's last years in the market were a disaster, didn't replace Ronaldo, Moyes was a disaster in the market so was Van Gaal, basically it set us back a decade.
This is spot on.

Moyes fecked up big time - so when LvG came in he had a big job to pick the club back up again, but he made it just worse. So, obviously, the next guy is going to have a hell of a time getting things right when the process of rebuilding the club has been restarted several times.

SirAF

Ageist
Sorry but we as fans should also be able to discuss some of the stuff Fergie did during his last years. He's the GOAT but he's also human and did many mistakes and he should be discussed.

Not replacing Ronaldo, Scholes set us back a decade there is no questions about it. That he let the Glazers pocket the Ronaldo money is unforgivable. That's the reason why Real and Barca are still fighting for CL wins and why we aren't.
Not sure why you are quoting me - but I do agree with what you are saying.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
DDG, Smalling, Valencia, Mata, Young, Carrick - and Martial's been here as long as Sterling's been there. We've got "heritage" too.
And the difference in age/quality between those two lists speaks volumes. Carrick’s finished, Young and Valencia are in decline and only DDG (and arguably Mata) has been an unequivocal success out of the rest of them (under any manager).

Manny

Grammar Police
No amount of spin can make up for the fact the team he currently has was more than capable of easily winning on Tuesday. Not sure why he can’t just own up to that.
Pretty much.

No one asked him to win the CL, but I can see his fans are already advancing these soundbites despite the underperformances slapping them in the face.

Axkiko

The end is near. Remind me of this interview when he was under huge pressure at Chelsea, can't stop defending himself even without journalist asking question.

Greck

What does City have to do with what happened on Tuesday?

I'm tired of his bringing up Pep and City. We're becoming the noisy whiny neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.