Jose wants to return

SirAF

Ageist
Our EL win under Jose was one of the worst games of football I've ever seen. We did nothing but kick the ball into the air all night to make the game as messy as possible.
Football at its worst.
So? Finals are to be won, not to be played.

Chumpsbechumps

Man is still box office. 15 pages in few hours.
Totally

The masochist part of me wants to see him hired if they sack ETH just to see a hand grenade thrown into the club. It would make for a very dramatic end to the season that’s for sure :D

Chumpsbechumps

What next - Big Ron and Dour David making cases for a return?
I miss big Ron as an ITV pundit. Some of the stuff he came out with was priceless

“that lad is lightening slow”
“If one of the teams scores , they might win this”

Met him after a United game in a hotel near old Trafford, very friendly man to me anyways

ryansgirl

I miss big Ron as an ITV pundit. Some of the stuff he came out with was priceless

Met him after a United game in a hotel near old Trafford, very friendly man to me anyways
True, thanks you`ve reminded me of Big Ron`s unqiue punditry.
Glad to hear he was nice and let`s face it, when his United team was good they were very very good. I understand
why he was replaced but much as I respect Sir Alex, I think he canned Big Ron too much in one of his books.
I have no idea of whether he was as much to blame for the apparent drinking culture at United as Sir Alex and
others said.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
No, just no, go away.

LARulz

Yeah, go on then. Only if he stops being a dick to Luke Shaw though

tomaldinho1

Totally

The masochist part of me wants to see him hired if they sack ETH just to see a hand grenade thrown into the club. It would make for a very dramatic end to the season that’s for sure :D
There is a part of me that wants him to be great again. He's probably got the best achievements of any current manager and everyone loves a redemption arc, the amount of mind games he'd start playing if he started doing well in the PL would be worth it, purely because we need something other than Howard Webb's weekly quiz on VAR for drama.

Chumpsbechumps

There is a part of me that wants him to be great again. He's probably got the best achievements of any current manager and everyone loves a redemption arc, the amount of mind games he'd start playing if he started doing well in the PL would be worth it, purely because we need something other than Howard Webb's weekly quiz on VAR for drama.
Totally.

Klopp leaving, Pep possibly leaving next year, he would be the most qualified manager in the league if that happens.

Really would be a massive gamble on numerous levels, not least because of the baggage that comes with him, but would be a nice way for him to signoff and for us to get back to the top.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
True, thanks you`ve reminded me of Big Ron`s unqiue punditry.
Glad to hear he was nice and let`s face it, when his United team was good they were very very good. I understand
why he was replaced but much as I respect Sir Alex, I think he canned Big Ron too much in one of his books.
I have no idea of whether he was as much to blame for the apparent drinking culture at United as Sir Alex and
others said.
agreed. apparently big ron spat his pint out when he read the extract of ferguson’s autobiography in the morning paper. it went in his cornflakes and champagne.

tomaldinho1

Totally.

Klopp leaving, Pep possibly leaving next year, he would be the most qualified manager in the league if that happens.

Really would be a massive gamble on numerous levels, not least because of the baggage that comes with him, but would be a nice way for him to signoff and for us to get back to the top.
I'd prefer to watch him from afar rather than at United though :lol:

youngrell

We should flirt with the idea just to scare the current squad into performing to keep him away. Other than that, absolutely fecking not.

Giggsy13

Way to blow up a nothing story. Ask almost any manager in the world if they would manage United and the answer would be yes of course.

Lee565

No way Jose, he is just a fading name now in football, I'm sure he will be lazily linked to some high profile clubs like Chelsea, psg etc.. but will wind up either going on a break for a year, taking Saudi money or manage an international team

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
I don't think Utd is considering him, I think it was just a wild rumour or info on what Mourinho thinks and nothing else.
I also think Mourinho would only accept coming back to Utd if he had authority to deal with the issues he talked about many times.

If it's true that Utd is considering him I think they're trying to use his charisma/stardom (like it or not just look at the huge fuss just mentioning him brings).
In rough years with the team underperforming that might be one of the few ways to keep being talked about and maybe attract top players.
Or maybe they truly want to "clean up" the club from underperforming players and staff and they want someone that already knows the club, that knows these problems, and that has the authority/media image strong enough to outmuscle any more litigious situation.

witchtrials

Come on. With Jose, you are never short of entertainment.
If your idea of entertainment mostly revolves around self-exculpatory press conferences and is unaffected by the "whoever has the ball has fear" dross on the pitch

BigRon1985

Always loved Big Ron - hence my username!

A proper Man Utd manager.......arrogant and flash!!! :cool:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Our EL win under Jose was one of the worst games of football I've ever seen. We did nothing but kick the ball into the air all night to make the game as messy as possible.
Football at its worst.
But we kicked the ball into the goal TWICE! TWICE!

Chumpsbechumps

and a massive racist
Is he a racist or are you referring solely to his Dessailly comment?

Desaily handled it with great humility

“I am not angry or bitter. I have been asked to react, but I have stayed quite cool.

"He had a great image, but he is 65 years old now and he has broken that. I understand that he was motivated by the Chelsea result.

"He was unhappy and he said things in the heat of the moment. It can happen.

"If I kick you, you can say anything. I can understand the reaction. He has made the mistake and it is him who is going to pay for that mistake."

Are there other stories of racism for Big Ron? Cause saying something racist does not make you a racist.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Is he a racist or are you referring solely to his Dessailly comment?

Desaily handled it with great humility

“I am not angry or bitter. I have been asked to react, but I have stayed quite cool.

"He had a great image, but he is 65 years old now and he has broken that. I understand that he was motivated by the Chelsea result.

"He was unhappy and he said things in the heat of the moment. It can happen.

"If I kick you, you can say anything. I can understand the reaction. He has made the mistake and it is him who is going to pay for that mistake."

Are there other stories of racism for Big Ron? Cause saying something racist does not make you a racist.
Didn’t make the papers but a friend of mine once spent an evening on the piss with Big Ron and he confirmed to me that he was definitely racist.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Call me mental but I’d welcome this as I’m so done with Erik.

anybody would be better than that fraud.

RVN1991

I dont know why people are so against this idea, Jose would certainly do better than Erik is currently doing
Maybe they don't want a repeat of the same cowardly tactics, lack of accountability and shit results we saw during his stint at the club?

Must've been living under a rock during his tenure at the club if you cant comprehend why people wouldn't want someone who already failed miserably back at the helm.