Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidbob

Have to say I was very sceptical of having Jose as manager despite his obvious record. However it's safe to say I'm really shining to him. A few decisions I don't agree with but we're slowly but surely starting feel like United again. Fair play!

kidbob

I fecking love him, won't hear a bad word!
Honestly I worried about the chance of ultra defensive football all season but we look the best we have since Fergie going forward. Only problem for me is the sittting v=back when 1-0 up but don't know if it's him or the players. Also he's smart enough to adjust that anyway!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I have always been a big fan.
He's won everything with not even the best teams in competitions (inter and Porto cls) he makes his players believe. There was nobody out there tonight who didn't know their job. It was simple and played to our teams strengths. He's a bit of a nutter it's fair to say but I think he'll prove himself a great manager all over again here. He's too talented to not do that and he has the full backing of the board too. I reckon he will either retire at united or take the Portugal job down the road. He's here for the long haul and I'm more than fine with that.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Only complaint I have is the sitting back, I find it strange that he hasn't abandoned that tactic with the amount of times it has backfired this season.

We are at our best when we harass and press, like we saw in the first half when Crystal Palace's attacks that went all the way to our box got turned into backpasses back to their own box due to our pressing and positioning.

kidbob

Anyone else feel that we may be the club at which he loses the "defensive" tag at? We are a club that expects attacking football and a few times this year we've looked like overrunning the opposition but not actually being clinical enough.

kidbob

Only complaint I have is the sitting back, I find it strange that he hasn't abandoned that tactic with the amount of times it has backfired this season.

We are at our best when we harass and press, like we saw in the first half when Crystal Palace's attacks that went all the way to our box got turned into backpasses back to their own box due to our pressing and positioning.
100% agreed. This is my worry but I think he is smart enough to realise this over time. Also maybe our lack of converting chances swayed him a little. Although he's done a great job on the defense too.

Irrational.

Best football in 3 years, starting to get that winning mentality back into the team, has created a siege mentality with refs, the media and opposition fans alike.

He is the perfect fit for us, and slowly but surely we're going to be back where we belong. Top man.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Have to say I was very sceptical of having Jose as manager despite his obvious record. However it's safe to say I'm really shining to him. A few decisions I don't agree with but we're slowly but surely starting feel like United again. Fair play!
Tell that to the van Gaal brigade! :lol: We're 10 x better than at any time post Fergie. I look forward to every game and am entertained win, lose or draw. I'm happy to write this season off though I think we'll win something and really looking forward to next. I hope Jose stays for many, many years.

Sylar

I wonder if it is him telling the players to sit back or its that natural tendency to be a bit more conservative due to the recent results which creeps into the players minds. Thankfully today we conceded with so much time left to correct that.

kidbob

Tell that to the van Gaal brigade! :lol: We're 10 x better than at any time post Fergie. I look forward to every game and am entertained win, lose or draw. I'm happy to write this season off though I think we'll win something and really looking forward to next. I hope Jose stays for many, many years.
Amen (so far at least)!

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Best football in 3 years, starting to get that winning mentality back into the team, has created a siege mentality with refs, the media and opposition fans alike.

He is the perfect fit for us, and slowly but surely we're going to be back where we belong. Top man.
This. He's made me look forward to watching United again, win or lose, we're playing better football and he's driving us forward.

SirAF

Ageist
Anyone else feel that we may be the club at which he loses the "defensive" tag at? We are a club that expects attacking football and a few times this year we've looked like overrunning the opposition but not actually being clinical enough.
I hope so! But to be fair his Real team scored 100 goals in one league season :p

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I wonder if it is him telling the players to sit back or its that natural tendency to be a bit more conservative due to the recent results which creeps into the players minds. Thankfully today we conceded with so much time left to correct that.
It's definitely him, Chelsea did it for the entire 2nd half of their league winning season even though they looked far better when the shackles were off in the first half of the season. It's what cost them in the Champions League against PSG too.

Ban

He's building something here. Today was an evidence of that. A victory in a tough away match and all the passion from our team afterwards. It's going somewhere, it really is.

mu4c_20le

He's been more attacking than our previous two managers, so give him the two transfer windows that he allegedly needs to build his team.

Sylar

It's definitely him, Chelsea did it for the entire 2nd half of their league winning season even though they looked far better when the shackles were off in the first half of the season. It's what cost them in the Champions League against PSG too.
Its strange cos the second half started and its not like he told them to sit off (or didnt seem like it) at any time during the second half. The one thing I wish he did was change things earlier. After the DDG class save, it looked like we were either tiring or taking it too lax. Think we needed to change something, even if it was formation, or a sub to stop that. I think most people could see their equaliser coming if we continued playing like that.

At least today we had enough time :)

Also frustration aside at some of the draws weve had, its nice to go into matches and it not feel like a chore again.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I didnt want him here because i felt his football teams were boring.
Im enjoying how we are playing and how we are trying to play. He's winning me over. Keep it up and the trophies will come back in a couple of seasons.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
The way he reacted to the win and went onto the pitch to congratulate every single player was fantastic.

Like someone already said in this thread, we're starting to feel like Manchester United again.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Wont win it this season. Might make top four. But next season we will give it a good lash.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Eventually we'll get a smile from him and then I'll be fully convinced he's the man for the job.

Chicharito_

If we had drawn this game I think the exact same thread could have been made by another member saying he's not right for us and we always sit back and then concede, when will he learn ffs.

Late winners do wonders for morale and hopefully the squad can carry this through to WBA..

kidbob

If we had drawn this game I think the exact same thread could have been made by another member saying he's not right for us and we always sit back and then concede, when will he learn ffs.

Late winners do wonders for morale and hopefully the squad can carry this through to WBA..
Definitely see your point but this season has been drawing/losing games we clearly should have won (even against a top side like Arsenal) compared to winning games we should have dropped points. As others have said I finally look forward to seeing us play.

TrueRed79

Nine games unbeaten. Playing some nice stuff. Late winner. Jose on the pitch and the players pumped up. Happy camper here.

Trurl

Always liked him, but he's such a born mercenary, it's tough to take his commitment seriously for a good 3 years just by default. Tall order tbf when it would mathematically take him 15 to just match SAF.

RedStarUnited

The method behind it makes sense, its the execution that is the problem.

If you are winning and you sit back. You invite your opponents who are desperate to score on to you and they leave the space behind for you to go and get more goals. When we sit back, we dont counter well so it makes it look even worse.

JG3001

We'll just have to see how it plays out, I am liking him as manager so far though; more positives than negatives.

I still stand by my belief that we should have got him straight after Ferguson though, we had a winning team (aging, but still top 4 quality) and required a winning manager for the continuation, and he was the only one available.

Then if the 3 year meltdown kicked in we could have brought someone new and young in, with arguably a better team to manage than the one we have now (as I think Mourinho is better at pulling in names than Moyes, do I even really have to make that statement?)

derace

still dont like him and his negative football when we have the lead. we simply dont have the quality for this. but the results are getting better at least

still a long way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.