Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSSnake

Every single player he's brought in has worked wonders. Another two transfer windows and we'll be world beaters again

Man-United

What a difference his signings (Zlatan, Pogba, Bailly, Mkhi) has been to LvG's(Falcao, Di Maria, Morgan, Bastian, Darmian, Memphis, Rojo, Blind, Martial)

keithsingleton

Jose is now certainly making the doubters think they might have it wrong with their views. Personally I've never had a bad word to say about him, even at the chavs. I've said before, I'll say again! He's the Alex Ferguson.

DevilRed

Honestly we have yet to even field our best team. For long periods, Smalling/Bailly/Shaw and Mkhitaryan are out of the team. We are better with them in the first eleven.

Then of course Martial and Rashford are yet to find form.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It still pisses me off that he wasn't brought in straight away when SAF called it a day. Few things in history have been more obvious as solutions.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I would argue this is the tenth game in a row were our opposition has looked poor or incredibly poor.

Not a coincidence. I think Mourinho is making this team very difficult to play against.
It is the off the ball movement, which has been a common trait for all great Jose teams, the team works as hard if not harder when they don't have the ball. We saw it today and we saw it against CP, every angle, pass and option for the opponents is closed off, often when they attack they might reach the zone right infront of our penalty box, but then they have to resort to backpasses back into their own half.

Still puzzles me how we could be so overrun by Chelsea, it was one of those freak days where everything clicked for them, nothing clicked for us and their system caught us on the surprise. Also I reckon it is in these last 4-5 matches we've really seen signs of Jose's style come through, I think the result would be very different if we faced Chelsea today with a full strength team (todays team but with Bailly, Shaw and Micky).

No coincidence that we've neutralized the attack of every top team this season bar that freak match against Chelsea. Tottenham had no joy, Liverpool had no joy, Arsenal had no joy, and bar the first half City had no joy, it is all down to the off the ball movement and collective defensive pressing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm also getting fed up of this over simplistic criticism about how we 'invite pressure' when we have a lead.

This is the PL, teams don't accept defeat just like that. People seem to demand a game of 90 mins where the opponent puts us under any pressure. Naturally, once we take a lead, the other team will step up their efforts and try to have us on the back-foot. It seems anything other than 90 mins of us maintaining pressure on the opponents goal is worthy of criticism.

ChaddyP

How he's turned Jones and Rojo into defensive gems I'll never know
personally always thought Jones was a great Defender. He was just unlucky with injuries and played Right back and midfield far more than he should have.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It makes me sad looking back on when Fergie retired. Mourinho was the logical successor and we should've done everything to get him then but instead we got David fecking Moyes :mad:

Anyway, he's here now and I'm loving it. The future under Jose looks bright.

JoaquinJoaquin

It still pisses me off that he wasn't brought in straight away when SAF called it a day. Few things in history have been more obvious as solutions.
Yeah totally agree. Was so obvious but we ignored it because of Fergie's stubbornness and we have paid the price since. Was a dark day when we appointed David Moyes, No chance he was ever going to be a success.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Top 2 in the world at least, incredible manager. Nothing has changed.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Good question. I appear to have completely lost the grammar/word order plot there. Let me try again: Do you imagine this kind of thread will stop due to your vigilante posts?
What vigilante posts? I'm genuinely questioning whether the OP had a threadworthy topic.

JB08

5 wins in a row for him, if I'm not mistaken that's the first time since the Fergie era. Loved him celebrating the Ibrahimovic goal, seems he's slowly getting his 'mojo' back.

Raw

5 wins in a row for him, if I'm not mistaken that's the first time since the Fergie era. Loved him celebrating the Ibrahimovic goal, seems he's slowly getting his 'mojo' back.
13/14
5 in a row from 15 December - 28 December (Villa A 3-0, Stoke A (League Cup) 2-0, West Ham H 3-1, Hull A 3-2, Norwich A 1-0)

14/15
6 in a row from 8 November - 14 December (Palace H 1-0, Arsenal A 2-1, Hull H 3-0, Stoke H 2-1, Southampton A 2-1, Liverpool H 3-0) - LVG did have the benefit of no European football though
We also had 6 in a row in the league during that one run, but it was interrupted after the 2nd league game from getting knocked out the FA Cup by Arsenal

Never got 5 in a row in 15/16 though.

So basically if we beat Middlesbrough, it'll be the first time we'll have won 6 in a row in all competitions since Fergie retired.

JB08

13/14
5 in a row from 15 December - 28 December (Villa A 3-0, Stoke A (League Cup) 2-0, West Ham H 3-1, Hull A 3-2, Norwich A 1-0)

14/15
6 in a row from 8 November - 14 December (Palace H 1-0, Arsenal A 2-1, Hull H 3-0, Stoke H 2-1, Southampton A 2-1, Liverpool H 3-0) - LVG did have the benefit of no European football though
We also had 6 in a row in the league during that one run, but it was interrupted after the 2nd league game from getting knocked out the FA Cup by Arsenal

Never got 5 in a row in 15/16 though.

So basically if we beat Middlesbrough, it'll be the first time we'll have won 6 in a row in all competitions since Fergie retired.
Right, 6 may well have been the number I was thinking of. Here's hoping I guess.

Sylar

Its not only the wins, its the excitement and looking forward to the games now. Its the chances being created, its the goals, the dominance at times. It basically feels like United.

roykeane19

Thank god for Mourinho, from the first 2 months, I knew LVG was the wrong man. But for Mourninho, you could see in our payign style we were improving constantly, and now that we got all our players back, everything is starting to click, and all of Mou`s 4 signings have been spot on

And hes even got other players, playing far better. Not like cocaine nose, who just destroyed all our players confidences.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
I guess results dictate everything. Mourinho certainly got a hard time early doors specially after the Chelsea result. It takes time to build a team. Even now 7 months on its very days in his reign. He knows how to build teams. Generally his teams are good defensively and to that end he seems to have a settled back 4 with De Gea in goal. Zlatan has been a superb up front. Pogba is coming into his own. Mkhitaryan is class. Bailly looks a fine centre back and even though he is not a regular at the moment I expect Mourinho will feel he has improved the quality of the squad by having options like Bailly to come on. Utd can now field two strong completely different lineups.
I have found the post Ferguson era at Utd to be fascinating. There was always going to be a rebuilding period. Moyes dithered leaving his successor to overhaul the squad. LVG was fairly spot on with those he moved on save Chicarito, Evans and maybe Zaha being notable exceptions. However its his buys where he had a mixed fortune.
Mourinho has cleverly taken the time to assess what he inherited. He quickly moved on surplus squad players and very quickly brought in strategic signings. Jan window will be interesting. I assume Schneiderlin will be gone. Possibly Depay and Schweinsteiger too. Time will tell. Definitely get a sense he knows what he is doing and that he is making tangible progress.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I guess results dictate everything. Mourinho certainly got a hard time early doors specially after the Chelsea result. It takes time to build a team. Even now 7 months on its very days in his reign. He knows how to build teams. Generally his teams are good defensively and to that end he seems to have a settled back 4 with De Gea in goal. Zlatan has been a superb up front. Pogba is coming into his own. Mkhitaryan is class. Bailly looks a fine centre back and even though he is not a regular at the moment I expect Mourinho will feel he has improved the quality of the squad by having options like Bailly to come on. Utd can now field two strong completely different lineups.
I have found the post Ferguson era at Utd to be fascinating. There was always going to be a rebuilding period. Moyes dithered leaving his successor to overhaul the squad. LVG was fairly spot on with those he moved on save Chicarito, Evans and maybe Zaha being notable exceptions. However its his buys where he had a mixed fortune.
Mourinho has cleverly taken the time to assess what he inherited. He quickly moved on surplus squad players and very quickly brought in strategic signings. Jan window will be interesting. I assume Schneiderlin will be gone. Possibly Depay and Schweinsteiger too. Time will tell. Definitely get a sense he knows what he is doing and that he is making tangible progress.
You are talking as if the rebuild has been a complete success already. We are right now still number 6 in the league, that is about the same position we had under LVG and Moyes.

Results are everything, he seems to have turned a corner recently but he must keep this going till the end of the season and overtake quite some teams before you can label it a success. Still to early to say if we just hit a pruple patch or turned a real corner.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Its not only the wins, its the excitement and looking forward to the games now. Its the chances being created, its the goals, the dominance at times. It basically feels like United.
Agreed. LVG was sapping the life out of the club Remember that empty, indifferent feeling when we WON games?? :lol: Even after we have lost or drawn this season, I have still felt entertained and positive about the future. Really looking forward to where we'll be next season.

JB08

Hold your horses he still isn't even in the top 4
Yeah, unfortunately I'm aware of that. I think most people would have said this before the start of last season, and all I'm saying is that I don't think he has regressed at all as a manager. I think he is still one of the best in the world.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
He still need to prove himself in big games for me

He was trashed by Chelsea away
He was trashed by City at home
He knicked a point away from anfield
He lost 2 points against Arsenal at home
But against Tottenham at home he did the job.

That is a 5/15 which is not good enough

He will need to get good results from these fixtures to be labelled as one of the top managers in the league

-Chelsea at home
-Liverpool at home
-City away
-Spurs away
-Arsenal away

I somehow doubt he will do much better than 5/15 on those fixtures

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
He was trashed by Chelsea away
He was trashed by City at home
He knicked a point away from anfield
He lost 2 points against Arsenal at home
But against Tottenham at home he did the job.
Chelsea was a thrashing.
City game was not a thrashing -- second half we were the better side. It was a close game.
He set up perfectly for the game against Liverpool -- should have won (when they were the in form team in the league).
Very unlucky against Arsenal, dominated the entire game. They equalized with their only shot of the game in stoppage time.
Yes, against Spurs we won.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
You conveniently left out the time when we beat City in the cup, too.

wolvored

Were definitely on the right lines. We havent been beat in nearly 2 months now, and finally winning, think its 4 on the trot. January could be interesting as he said last week he probably wont sign anybody, and doesnt want anyone to leave unless they ask to leave. You just know the opposite will happen, theres a lot of chatter in the press of player(s) coming and going. I expect a big upheaval in the summer as well, with quite a few players coming and going. Exciting times.

Will Absolute

Yep. My usual source of streams failed me for the first half today and I was annoyed and frustrated. Last year I would have been just: "meh".

It's the old feeling of looking forward to games and not wanting to miss a minute of the action, which last season seemed like it was gone for good.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
We are getting there slowly but surely, we are playing good football, players seem much happier, his signings have all being a success, we are getting results.

I believe next year we will win the league.

sugar_kane

The very least you can say is that whatever the hell happened last year with Chelsea was a freak occurrence.

Lentwood

The fact that Mourinho was ever in question is absolutely ridiculous. Most of the accusations levelled at him are nonsense created by the media to try and find any excuse to knock a man who has an unrivalled record domestically and in Europe. I mean, compare what Mourinho has won to Klopp. It is not even the same league!

Status
Not open for further replies.