Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkersIam

Supports
Vitesse, KSV, Rangers,
The upside of having to play a lot of matches generally means the team is being successful.

In 2012/13 there was a team that played 69 matches, won the Europa trophy, finished 3rd in the league and reached semi finals of both domestic comps whilst being run by a coach they were not fond of.
Am sure there will be other similar stats by other clubs in years before that.
So what that Utd might end up playing 62 matches.....he is meant to be a great manager...embrace it and deal with it instead of bitching about it

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Fair enough.

But then again, he said something like "We will probably lose the game on Sunday [at Middlesbrough]. Fatigue has a price".

I just think that he could leave that kind of part while building "us against them" mentality. Which makes me not being able to take what the whole thing he said quite positive as it should.

P.S What I am trying to say is that it sounded like he was giving excuses already in case shit happens on sunday instead of 'feck them'. I don't know listening to him this season and the season before gives me a bit of that kind of vibe whenever he said something like that with us this season.

Maybe I just don't have a good impression with that kind of stuff with him anymore and he didn't help.

I want a bit more like I am the special one and I will show it. That's how I was impressed with him when he came to EPL. Not quite with this moaning too much. Maybe I didn't pay much attention of that side in his first stint with Chelsea.
He picked up the nickname "Moaninho" during his first stint at Chelsea iirc. I'm not a fan of it but it's part of him as a manager.

Witchking

He picked up the nickname "Moaninho" during his first stint at Chelsea iirc. I'm not a fan of it but it's part of him as a manager.
I would like to think that United are a bigger deal than Chelsea could ever be. Chelsea were not that big when Jose went there in 2004, they were in the news for Roman's takeover more than their football.

United is different, everything is more minutely assessed and written in the media. He should know better than to give such bytes. If it's a part of him being a manager, he needs to asses himself and change. You already have an excuse ready if you lose to a club which is fighting relegation when you have spent so much money. Doesn't work from any angle. Looks cheap.

The United

I would like to think that United are a bigger deal than Chelsea could ever be. Chelsea were not that big when Jose went there in 2004, they were in the news for Roman's takeover more than their football.

United is different, everything is more minutely assessed and written in the media. He should know better than to give such bytes. If it's a part of him being a manager, he needs to asses himself and change. You already have an excuse ready if you lose to a club which is fighting relegation when you have spent so much money. Doesn't work from any angle. Looks cheap.
Don't think it matters though. He has been around all the so called big clubs. The man can't and would not change. Which is fine as long as his ability to win does not either.

Otherwise, it will become some huge bs and many fans who called out Sir bob and accused him of being clueless or something for not wanting jose at united due to his BS would feel bad.

Many of us will tolerate a lot of shit as long as he wins. Sad but it is true.

kps88

He surprised a lot of us with the strong teams put out in EL and league cup games so he will have to take the blame if we run out of gas. I get that he probably doesn't trust some of the fringe players, but if the alternative of running the ones he does trust into the ground, it doesn't do much good either. If he doesn't feel the squad is good enough, he should be prepared to not want to challenge on four fronts.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That's one instance and quite clearly the FA cup wasn't a priority for Mourinho. I can understand why he's saying some things he is coming out with, but at the same time Keane's opinion isn't wrong for me either. If Sevilla can deal with going all the way for 3 seasons in this competition then so should we.
There was one more instance where ManUtd played PL game on Monday against Liverpool and then Thursday in Europa followed by game against Chelsea on Sunday. When the team is playing in Europa it's crap idea to make them play on Monday when they have game on Thursday.

Did we play any game on Monday after playing on Thursday?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Absolutely delighted with ex player Keane fuming over Jose's bs comments last night. Chuffed to bits others are slamming him now in public, hope he learns his lesson.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Absolutely delighted to see some of the posters are still perplexed over being called out as Pep's brown-nosing cultists. Chuffed to bits to see them try their silly wummetry for the second day running, hope they have a good day.

shaky

Mourinho doesn't say things like this for the hell of it. He does it because he perceives some advantage from saying so, probably as a challenge to his players or to build team's unity. He knows what he's doing and it's worked everywhere he's managed. No sure why people have so little faith when we're ticking along ok at the moment.

roonster09

Scout
The upside of having to play a lot of matches generally means the team is being successful.

In 2012/13 there was a team that played 69 matches, won the Europa trophy, finished 3rd in the league and reached semi finals of both domestic comps whilst being run by a coach they were not fond of.
Am sure there will be other similar stats by other clubs in years before that.
So what that Utd might end up playing 62 matches.....he is meant to be a great manager...embrace it and deal with it instead of bitching about it
Jose didn't say we would like to play lesser games, he said he would love hectic schedule which means we are doing something right. Problem is rescheduling games to Monday when we have game on Thursday (which is very important cup to save our season).

Not surprising to see you post like this though. Some of the Chelsea fans try to twist everything now.

roonster09

Scout
Didn't Klopp, Pep moan about the fixture list for many days and ref decisions for months? Every manager moans about fixtures and referee decisions. Luckily for Liverpool their manager cannot moan about fixtures this season.

Witchking

Mourinho doesn't say things like this for the hell of it. He does it because he perceives some advantage from saying so, probably as a challenge to his players or to build team's unity. He knows what he's doing and it's worked everywhere he's managed. No sure why people have so little faith when we're ticking along ok at the moment.
Our standards have surely dropped if you think we are ticking along ok. It did not work the last time at Chelsea because his way of managing is to create rifts between the club and media and other teams. Players are bound of get frustrated over time, also this could be the reason why he doesn't stay at clubs for more than 3 years. Plus hasn't left any club on a good note except Porto and Inter (not sure about Benfica) so it's not worked everywhere and we need to cut it out if we are going to try and be an important club rather than a club that whines after spending a fortune.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Didn't Klopp, Pep moan about the fixture list for many days and ref decisions for months? Every manager moans about fixtures and referee decisions. Luckily for Liverpool their manager cannot moan about fixtures this season.
Yes they did. Wenger has a moan about it every season. I seem to remember Fergie moaning about fixture lists too but I guess it's different because it's Mourinho.

Ban

Like Keane has good reasons for saying bananagate was staged.he hates Jose so will say anything even if it's that ridiculous..

shaky

Our standards have surely dropped if you think we are ticking along ok. It did not work the last time at Chelsea because his way of managing is to create rifts between the club and media and other teams. Players are bound of get frustrated over time, also this could be the reason why he doesn't stay at clubs for more than 3 years. Plus hasn't left any club on a good note except Porto and Inter (not sure about Benfica) so it's not worked everywhere and we need to cut it out if we are going to try and be an important club rather than a club that whines after spending a fortune.
The whole 3 years thing is rubbish. He left 2 of his clubs to move to bigger jobs. He survived longer at Madrid than nearly any manager does and Chelsea just have an owner who gets bored with his plaything very quickly. Never mind the fact that he's won leagues everywhere he's been. There is no real evidence that he isn't going to last long here. We have a sensible board and there is nowhere better he can move to.

As for our standards dropping? We have already won a cup, in the quarter finals in Europe, knocked out the FA Cup QFs by the leaders, away from home with 10 men.
More points at this stage of the season than anyone since Ferguson. Looks like progress to me. It's sad that progress isn't even good enough for some people. What do we do? Keep changing managers until we find one that can perform miracles in 8 months?

JON.B

Sloop
Mourinho sold players, ostracized others, and then moans about fatigue and playing too many games. I call it crap squad management, and he only has himself to blame.

BonkersIam

Supports
Vitesse, KSV, Rangers,
Jose didn't say we would like to play lesser games, he said he would love hectic schedule which means we are doing something right. Problem is rescheduling games to Monday when we have game on Thursday (which is very important cup to save our season).

Not surprising to see you post like this though. Some of the Chelsea fans try to twist everything now.
other teams in the past had to cope with the schedule ss well...Thursday Sundays plus domestic cups

roonster09

Scout
other teams in the past had to cope with the schedule ss well...Thursday Sundays plus domestic cups
Thurdsay Sunday is not a problem but playing on Monday before playing on Thursday is a problem.

Witchking

The whole 3 years thing is rubbish. He left 2 of his clubs to move to bigger jobs. He survived longer at Madrid than nearly any manager does and Chelsea just have an owner who gets bored with his plaything very quickly. Never mind the fact that he's won leagues everywhere he's been. There is no real evidence that he isn't going to last long here. We have a sensible board and there is nowhere better he can move to.

As for our standards dropping? We have already won a cup, in the quarter finals in Europe, knocked out the FA Cup QFs by the leaders, away from home with 10 men.
More points at this stage of the season than anyone since Ferguson. Looks like progress to me. It's sad that progress isn't even good enough for some people. What do we do? Keep changing managers until we find one that can perform miracles in 8 months?
I am not asking for him to be sacked. I am expecting him to own up and accept that he is wrong and correct his mistakes.

He hardly rotated his squad, kept Martial, Shaw, Rashford, TFM on the side lines, kept playing Zlatan as the lone striker and then say that the team is dependent on him without giving chances to others. Kept playing Pogba even when he was not effective. Side lined BFS. Subs one of our most creative players (mata) at every given opportunity.

Knowing that he was progressing through the fa cup and the europa, he should have planned all this in advance. You cannot blame the whole world and create a siege mentality when you are supposedly one of the biggest clubs in the world.

The team has hardly played well against the top teams, dropped points easily. He deserves the blame for all this.

Chelsea did all this in 2012. We have spent a huge amount of money. We are not some small club or a sunday league club to cry about the fixture list.

He is expecting the FA to give United some freebies by providing a better schedule, him and his players earn millions to play. If they are tired, it is Jose's fault and nothing else.

BonkersIam

Supports
Vitesse, KSV, Rangers,
Thurdsay Sunday is not a problem but playing on Monday before playing on Thursday is a problem.
still 3 days ...cannot see the problem and infact if the Monday is after and before then it sounds more beneficial

Manny

Grammar Police
He's pissed me off this week and I think he needs a dressing down.

The formation against Chelsea, his tactical reactions to the Herrera's red card and subsequent attitude of not wanting to get embarrassed at his old club rather than finding a way to win. The formation at home to Rostov, his comments about loosing to Boro on Sunday, moaning about fixture congestion and giving his players an excuse to lose games.

He's been shite this week. And let's not forget, our last PL game had us fecking up at home against a Bournemouth side down to 10 men for the entire second half.

Last edited:

shaky

I am not asking for him to be sacked. I am expecting him to own up and accept that he is wrong and correct his mistakes.

He hardly rotated his squad, kept Martial, Shaw, Rashford, TFM on the side lines, kept playing Zlatan as the lone striker and then say that the team is dependent on him without giving chances to others. Kept playing Pogba even when he was not effective. Side lined BFS. Subs one of our most creative players (mata) at every given opportunity.

Knowing that he was progressing through the fa cup and the europa, he should have planned all this in advance. You cannot blame the whole world and create a siege mentality when you are supposedly one of the biggest clubs in the world.

The team has hardly played well against the top teams, dropped points easily. He deserves the blame for all this.

Chelsea did all this in 2012. We have spent a huge amount of money. We are not some small club or a sunday league club to cry about the fixture list.

He is expecting the FA to give United some freebies by providing a better schedule, him and his players earn millions to play. If they are tired, it is Jose's fault and nothing else.
If he's expecting the FA to provide a better schedule, then there's no harm in trying to make it happen. That's just him doing his job in the best interests of the club. If he's trying to create a siege mentality, thinking it will help, again, that's him doing his job properly. Whether he knows he has made mistakes or not, if he has at all, coming out and saying it wouldn't do us any favours. He's not here to comfort our over-sensitive fans who panic at the first sign of adversity. He's here to do what he's done everywhere he's been, which is to turn the squad into winners.

Stacks

Mourinho is very poor in squad management. He didn't trust youth. Selling Lukaku, De Bruyne, Mata etc and complaining about LVG selling Chicharito, Welbeck and DiMaria doesn't cut mustard. The constant sidelining of Shaw, Martial, Mkhi(Earlier) and Schewinstieger is in line with his history and now he complains about fatigue. No wonder some of his former players absolutely hate him. Our team is going to suffer by his lack of playing youngsters in long run and squad management.
It is known that extended run in Europa league will get the league form affected. Having said that, the constant sidelining of players and not giving them minutes in deserving easy fixtures is his own making of failure. SAF played his second string in CL semifinal second leg against Schalke in 2011 after winning the away leg by 2-1. Such risk taking and trusting his players gave him the ability to succeed in long term squad building. It is better for young players career to stay away from United till Mourinho is our manager.
I am happy with Jose for being our manager, He is better than the two of the last ones we had but the negatives of Jose is going to pull us down in terms of squad building. Some of the fans think whatever done by manager is right like sidelining Shaw, Mkhi at start etc. They are all just bad management by Jose. Unfortuantely with the good things which Jose brings on board, we have to suffer his baggage too.
I remember we beat Wolfsburg Away. Owen scored a hatrick, Welbeck and that winger (he looked like Silvestre) played as our attacking 3. we scored 3 goals. I rememeber Barcelona won a CL game with basically their back ups. Point is squad management is a skill and is one of the skills our gaffer appears week at. I only bring this up because he keeps harping on about fixture congestion and fatigue when he has the responsibility to remedy that. No one is going to manage the fixure list for him or in the way he likes so he needs to be focus focusing on the things he can control.

BonkersIam

Supports
Vitesse, KSV, Rangers,
He's pissed me off this week and I think he needs a dressing down.

The formation against Chelsea, his tactical reactions to the Herrera's red card and subsequent attitude of not wanting to get embarrassed at his old club rather than finding a way to win. The formation at home to Rostov, his comments about loosing to Boro on Sunday, moaning about fixture congestion and giving his players an excuse to lose games.

He's been shite this week. And let's our last PL game had us fecking up at home against a Bournemouth side down to 10 men for the entire second half.
don't worry about it......he likes the song about him.

BonkersIam

Supports
Vitesse, KSV, Rangers,
yup..for example playing on the Monday night after a trip in Europe (such as Rostov) on the Thursday gives more rest .

Obviously dynamics change depending where the next euro match is but in the case of Rostov it was far better playing on the Monday

BonkersIam

Supports
Vitesse, KSV, Rangers,
And other teams found it tough too. Not many of them already had a domestic cup in the bag at this point either. So what's your point?
Other teams made finals, semi finals, etc and manage to cope

Witchking

If he's expecting the FA to provide a better schedule, then there's no harm in trying to make it happen. That's just him doing his job in the best interests of the club. If he's trying to create a siege mentality, thinking it will help, again, that's him doing his job properly. Whether he knows he has made mistakes or not, if he has at all, coming out and saying it wouldn't do us any favours. He's not here to comfort our over-sensitive fans who panic at the first sign of adversity. He's here to do what he's done everywhere he's been, which is to turn the squad into winners.
First sign of adversity? Over sensitive fans? Let's not forget that we both want the best for United. Moyes killed off United's hope of achieving anything under his guidance. LvG lowered the expectations. Jose came in, raised the expectations with his talk of how United will go for the title, how happy he is with his purchases, how United want to win every competition they are in. Now that we are in that situation, he cribs about losing to Boro. Some job he is doing.

If United win against Boro, I will be happy, but I am not happy with how he is trying to wriggle out of his own made mess.

cyberman

yup..for example playing on the Monday night after a trip in Europe (such as Rostov) on the Thursday gives more rest .

Obviously dynamics change depending where the next euro match is but in the case of Rostov it was far better playing on the Monday
He wasn't complaining about the rest for Chelsea, he complained about that game due to the lack of rest for the game last night.
That's incredibly short sighted, that Monday game was set before the EL draw was made so it's pure luck the draw wasn't reversed and we had to travel to Russia last night.
Its ridiculous.

BonkersIam

Supports
Vitesse, KSV, Rangers,
He wasn't complaining about the rest for Chelsea, he complained about that game due to the lack of rest for the game last night.
That's incredibly short sighted, that Monday game was set before the EL draw was made so it's pure luck the draw wasn't reversed and we had to travel to Russia last night.
Its ridiculous.
i was using it as an example of when Monday nigh can be beneficial...the rest of the post did say dynamics change depending where next euro match is playef

roonster09

Scout

Next match was on Thursday after playing on Monday, how is that advantage?

If we played on Thursday and didn't have game following Thursday then playing on Monday is advantage.

This has happened twice already and Jose has every right to voice his opinion.

BonkersIam

Supports
Vitesse, KSV, Rangers,
Playing Thursday evening games in the Europa League is tough. I already said that. So did a bunch of other people. What nobody said is that we're the only team ever to do it. So I don't know why you felt the need to tell us other teams have done this before.
that other teams coped and its the price of being successful. Its something Utd just have to get on with......but one thing is for sure, the PL, FA etc wont help...they never have and never will. Jose (rightly) has always had a pop about this and the difference between Spanish, German FA's and the English one.
Rescheduling has always been a problem...its nothing new

Last edited:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Jose is right to have a moan. The English FA is the only one to actively make it difficult for English clubs in Europe.

frank lee madeer..

Sometimes I just wish he'd park his mouth up. Hes effectively given Boro a team talk with his comments on karanka not desrving the sack.No doubt the boro players will now be all out to prove karanka did .
My take on it , is that his ego is still sore about his own sacking , so hes using every oppurtunity to highlight what he sees as manager injustice' , the Claudio ranieri initials on his United coaching gear etc.

He needs to get over it & move on. Nobody gives a shiny shat about anything that doesn't concern United. Well, I certainly don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.