Joshua King

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I'd say I'm excited about these youngsters though. We've seen how the previous generation have gone on to forge good prem careers for themselves, (Shawcross, Richardson, Bardsley, Simpson, Jones etc.) and there are a few in this batch who seem better than they were at the same age, so hopefully that means we'll see them forging a career in our team.

Remember this is also the generation (the 18 year olds) who Fergie said were the best u12s he ever saw, so I think we've got the right to be excited.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'd say I'm excited about these youngsters though. We've seen how the previous generation have gone on to forge good prem careers for themselves, (Shawcross, Richardson, Bardsley, Simpson, Jones etc.) and there are a few in this batch who seem better than they were at the same age, so hopefully that means we'll see them forging a career in our team.

Remember this is also the generation (the 18 year olds) who Fergie said were the best u12s he ever saw, so I think we've got the right to be excited.
Out of all the kids discussed, how many were at the club when they were under 12?

King, Cofie, Petrucci and Pogba definitely weren't.

I'm guessing Keane, Morrison, Thorpe and Tunnicliffe were?

Fiskey

Out of all the kids discussed, how many were at the club when they were under 12?

King, Cofie, Petrucci and Pogba definitely weren't.

I'm guessing Keane, Morrison, Thorpe and Tunnicliffe were?
I would guess that too, but have no idea really. Mr. Mujac?

Edit: Brown and Brady as well maybe?

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
I would guess that too, but have no idea really. Mr. Mujac?

Edit: Brown and Brady as well maybe?
The keanes definitely were not, they are recent enough signings to the youth sides (2008 or 2009 i'd guess). Don't know about the remaining 3.

Fiskey

The keanes definitely were not, they are recent enough signings to the youth sides (2008 or 2009 i'd guess). Don't know about the remaining 3.
Just looking at the squad I suppose James, Norwood and Wootton could be said to be of that generation as well. Again no idea if they were there from u 12s, but presumably some of them were.

Virtuoso

Wootton and Brady definitely weren't in that U12s side. Brady joined when he was 15/16 coming from Ireland while Wootton was ofcourse at Liverpool until a couple of years ago.

Fiskey

PS18

The Keane's have been with United a while, ditto Thorpe/Morrison/Tunnicliffe/Fryers/Lingard/Cole as far as I know. Not sure about Johnstone, have a nagging feeling that I may have read he'd been with Preston for a while, not sure if I'm just imagining that though.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Wouldn't this batch of kids be the first to fully benefit from Meulensteen's 'skills development' coaching? He started working with u9s and upwards in 2001. This lot would've been 8ish at the time but I'm sure the cream played and trained a year or two above from time to time. Obviously the work was discontinued when he went to Denmark (maybe even the year before when his role changed), but they would've benefited greatly during 4 very important formative years and I seem to remember someone (PS18?) saying that he still does a bit of work with the younger players.

datura

Jim Ryan on Joshua King:

'I think Joshua's another case where he's always been a fantastic physical specimen..great timing and great feet..and most of the battle has been inside his head to adjust to how football is played, especially in this country, and do the things that the coaches want him to do besides his skill..it's a common problem for lots of skilful players that they don't relish perhaps the bread and butter of football.'

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Jim Ryan on Joshua King:

'I think Joshua's another case where he's always been a fantastic physical specimen..great timing and great feet..and most of the battle has been inside his head to adjust to how football is played, especially in this country, and do the things that the coaches want him to do besides his skill..it's a common problem for lots of skilful players that they don't relish perhaps the bread and butter of football.'
Is he saiying that he's got a bad attitude or not trying hard enough ie not a battler?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
No, just that he doesn't have a particularly innate understanding perhaps of when to be moving, what runs to be making, where to be without the ball, when to keep it and when to let it go, etc. It wasn't really a criticism of him, just an area they're working on to improve.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
A lot of the youngsters train with the reserves. King is one of them.

Fantastic that he got into the first team squad for the game the other day. He deserves his chance mind, so it shouldn't really be any surprise.

prateik

The reserves do train with the first team, but he was on the bench against Crawley, traveled to Marseille and was on the bench in the last game despite having 3 fit strikers, ahead of bebe and obertan (the last one being most important as the other two games had a few other kids involved as well)

just wondering if he has made a little step up from the reserve team

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
just wondering if he has made a little step up from the reserve team
I'd like to think so, but nothing is proved until he plays in a few first team games. Seems like Fabio might be ahead of him though. Fergie talked about Fabio as a winger on Saturday.

Fiskey

I'd like to think so, but nothing is proved until he plays in a few first team games. Seems like Fabio might be ahead of him though. Fergie talked about Fabio as a winger on Saturday.
Fabs is definitely closer to the first team, deservedly so, but surely they're competing for different positions. Never seen King as anything other than a central striker, even though the same could be said about Macheda and Hernandez.

Aint gota Kalou

Fabs is definitely closer to the first team, deservedly so, but surely they're competing for different positions. Never seen King as anything other than a central striker, even though the same could be said about Macheda and Hernandez.
He's played from the right for Preston (although I didn't see much of him) and he's also started on the wing several times for the reserves. Naturally a striker though.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I thought Fergie banned his players using blades -- noticed that Valencia in the photo is wearing a pair. (He thinks it causes injuries.)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
yeah he's done well, nice two goals today after a small dry patch but he's too good for this level.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
With Welbeck and Macheda hopefully staying he wouldn't have really much chances to play even in the League Cup.

I would like him to get a season in United first team to see if he's ready to play for us, but won't be surprised if he decides do stay in Germany after this season.

prateik

Didnt he just sign a new deal
Doubt the 'option to buy' bit.. might have first refusal or something. Cant see us setting a price for him just yet

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I, too, am struggling to believe that this option is in the loan contract. He's an excellent youngster, and we should at least give him a chance before offloading him. The Hernandez situation makes it difficult for him, but he's got many facets to his game that we could use. His pace and dribbling is a lethal combination.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Confirmed on Gladbach's site that he has signed a year loan deal.

Neutral

BTV
Didnt he just sign a new deal
Doubt the 'option to buy' bit.. might have first refusal or something. Cant see us setting a price for him just yet
Yeah he signed a new deal, we obviously didn't want him going away without getting something out of it.

A 2 year contract ensures that...if he has a good season in Germany, we'll get 3-3.5 mil for him.

Not too shabby.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
His agent denied that there's an option for a permanent transfer.

Neutral

BTV
His agent denied that there's an option for a permanent transfer.

Got a PM from the newbies, Burrow says

Hi! In regards to the Joshua King-thread in the reserve forums: His agent has indeed confirmed that he is to be loaned out for a year, but denies that there will be any sorts of buy-out-agreement. It will be a simple, straightforward loan-deal, and Jim Solbakken (his agent) adds that Man Utd are determined to give King a chance when they see fit. Just wanted to add that little bit to avoid any rumours about King leaving permanently. :)