Joshua King

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
"-I talked to Ferguson. He didnt want me to go out on loan abroad again. Molde was the club in question, because I already have a great relationship with Ole and he knows how to get the best out of me in practice. I have a great amount of respect for him.

-However, Fergie wants me to stay in England. Maybe I'll end up playing for Ole at some point later in my career. Hull is just one hour away from Manchester, they're currently 6th in the Championship and it's already 5 other United-players there. Things arent clear quite yet, but I think it'll end up with me going on loan to Hull. As soon as I feel fit enough, I'm going. I dont really care where I play right now, as long as I get some gametime on the highest level possible for me."

Eirik Raude

Hull would be a good opportunity for him to get back on track. Hopefully he'll stay fit for the rest of the season, and if so happens, I think he will have a good chance to get some game time for Hull.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Hull would be ideal I think. I think sometimes people are sentimental, a loan to molde would be a waste of a year (with all due respect to them). He's wasted enough time.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hull would be great for King.

MPTutd

Would be a good move. He would already know plenty of players (Evans, Brady, Chester, Stewart)

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Nick Barmby hopes to get 15 goals out of King during his spell. Seems like quite some expectations concidering how much football he's played so far this season.

prateik

If he is fit and plays in a team that arent rubbish and dont have any of the ball, he will do well.

PS18

Think he'll do well if he stays fit. Not necessarily in terms of scoring massively heavily, don't think he is a natural finisher to be honest, but he's got all the attributes to be a real threat.

Ace

Hows he doing for Hull? Had high hopes for him but not hearing a lot nowadays. Seems a long time ago he was making cameo appearances for us in the cup games.
Pretty sure there was just that one appearance.

prateik

Ahead of Michael Keane? Dont see that personally. Big shout that one
As a striker, he is miles ahead of Michael Keane. :)
I hope he goes out on loan again.. Some place where he will get games. He wont get much game time at United next season.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Ahead of Michael Keane? Dont see that personally. Big shout that one
Michael's a full back, but still ;)

When King busted through a couple years back, I really thought he'd make it here. Had all the attributes to be a top striker, but then he kind of disappeared off on obscure loans that didn't seem to work out.

The same thing seems to have happened with our best youth striker from last season - John Cofie.

Will Keane looks very solid, but he's definitely not ready next season. It'll be loan time for him.

So yeah, will be interesting if King comes back to United, or if he signs for a smaller club. Does he still have his speed? I know he was lightening a couple years ago, but has had some injuries.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Michael's a full back, but still ;)

When King busted through a couple years back, I really thought he'd make it here. Had all the attributes to be a top striker, but then he kind of disappeared off on obscure loans that didn't seem to work out.

The same thing seems to have happened with our best youth striker from last season - John Cofie.

Will Keane looks very solid, but he's definitely not ready next season. It'll be loan time for him.

So yeah, will be interesting if King comes back to United, or if he signs for a smaller club. Does he still have his speed? I know he was lightening a couple years ago, but has had some injuries.
Will Keane was better than Cofie last season. Will scored a hat-trick in the youth cup semi's vs chelsea as well as being the tournaments top scorer and John Cofie struggled to get in the side ahead of him. Although John was scoring for fun in the league and did pick up a couple of injuries.

Keane has always been the more talented of the two though, and has even more potential than King imo. Out of all the young strikers at the club Will Keane is definitely the most highly rated and has the best chance of making it here.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I prefer King myself. You've got to be very special to make it here as a striker without good speed and power. Even Berbatov came up short. Let's not forget that Berbatov's agent said we're looking to add more speed into attack. I just don't think Keane will ever fit in, though he is a decent player.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Ah feic off im only back from holidays, mush like brain! I meant Will...

King could easy end up going down the Frazier Campbell/Blake route. Keane has a bit more about him imo...
I think King has a lot more to offer than Campbell or Ebanks-Blake ever did. Also I'm pretty sure Mr MUJAC rates him highly as well. The main thing stopping me from saying King should be 4th choice or thereabouts for us next season is that he constantly gets injured.

68-99-08

I wouldn't be surprised if Will Keane did a Scholes and ended up in midfield long term.
I would be...

When has he ever played in midfield for our youth/reserve teams? And, what is the obsession with turning players into central midfielders at this club instead of just buying one? He is too good a finisher to be dropped back into midfield

mo0

agree 100% with 68-99-08. his finishing is far too good for him to drop back into midfield. i hate drawing comparisons with young players, but think of him as a Sheringham MK II...

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Shit, I had such high hopes for King. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about an attacker from our reserves (I thought he'd be better than Welbeck at one point). Injuries have really stunted King's progress so far, but there's still time yet. Someone of his dribbling ability and pace is always going to have the potential to be dangerous...I just hope injury hasn't damaged his pace already.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Shit, I had such high hopes for King. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about an attacker from our reserves (I thought he'd be better than Welbeck at one point). Injuries have really stunted King's progress so far, but there's still time yet. Someone of his dribbling ability and pace is always going to have the potential to be dangerous...I just hope injury hasn't damaged his pace already.
Judging by his goal at the weekend and a few other bits of his play, id say the pace is still there.

Eirik Raude

Played the full 90 minutes for Norway U21 today, against Iceland. Had a clever assist for the winning goal. Eikrem scored Norway's first goal with a nice shot from 20 meters. King looked to be in good shape.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Good to hear! He needs another loan and a lot more luck with injuries, but there's hope for him yet.

prateik

Fantastic.. With Keane's injury, is there any chance of him staying at the club next season and be on the fringes/train with the first team instead of going out on loan?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I keep forgetting about Keanes injury :( Well with Owen gone, and the Berbasex 90% a goner, He defo has a chance in sticking around for a portion of the season. Just depends on our transfer activity.

Eirik Raude

I think that staying with us, playing regularly for the reserves and training regularly with the first team would be better for his development than another one of those bad loans.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
After the year he has had, I'd prefer him to stay put. Just to rebuild and have a Petrucci style re-birth. Some players develop much better than others when out on loan though, it is all about a balance. Atleast the reserve league is getting a revamp structure wise within the next few seasons, develop the players who may not benefit from being out on loan.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Might get a call-up to the Norwegian national team soon;

http://www.dagbladet.no/2012/08/27/sport/landslaget/fotball/drillo/vm-kvalifisering/23138168/

Egil Olsen is tempted to call in a United-reserve;
-"He got a great physique and speed"

John Carew might have played his last game for the national team, and Moahammed Abdellaoue is more often then not on the injury-list.

The coach himself is now open to bring in Joshua King whos current club is Manchester United, despite him currently being matched on a reserve level.

-"He got certain qualities that we miss, like his extreme pace. It might that it's just a matter of time until he gets a call from me, and a chance to play for the senior national team. It's difficult to say how soon, but he's very close at the moment."

Does King remind you a little bit about a young John Carew?
-"Absolutely! He reminds me of him, with his physique and pace. I think he's actually even quicker then Carew was at that age."

Is it enough that he's only getting matches for Uniteds reserves?

-"That's a good question, but I cant say if it's competetive enough. I actually dont know at the moment."

Praised by the opposition

King has become a central player for the Norwegian U-21 National team, which is where he's done enough to impress Olsen. The 20-year old has also been out on loan on two seperate occations, Preston and Hull, where he showed glimpses of his quality.

However his loan-spell at Borussia Mönchengladbach has to be called a disappointment, and King hardly got any games at all.

-"I'm watching him with the youth-team (National side), and he's been really impressive. He's been destroying a few full-backs."

King is primarily a striker, but he's been utilized on the wings aswell. On the 14th of August he really shone in a 2-2 game against Austria where even the opposition praised him after the game.

"Their rightback is playing at the top level in Austria, and he said that he's never faced a player like Josh. His top level is simply through the roof. But if he's to play as a winger on an international scale, he has to be able to put in a shift in defense aswell as well as going forward. He's at a top level going forward, but he has to be a part of the team defensively aswell", according to the U21-coach Per Joar Hansen.

He's communicating with Egil Olsen all the time about which youth-players might be able to make the step up to the senior team.

-"It's all about performances. If he performs well, he'll get his chance. He's not typically Norwegian in his style of play, like a huge ability to get in behind the defence, he's strong and quick and he's able to take on a man. He's also able to play both up top and out on the wings, which is always great for a coach."

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
can only be a good thing really. Until he develops consistancy, playing on the wing might suit him. Hopeing him and cofie have big seasons.