Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Reckon he'll play here for a very long time. His general play at times though the middle was very tidy and he's capable of goals as we know. Still to reach his Chelsea form, but will be great when it happens.

diarm

Is this an old clip? I've never seen it before.

Some piece of skill!

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I absolutely love Mata, and he's a great spokesman - eloquent and seems passionate for the club.

Ringo 07

He's a joy to behold on his day..truly world class playmaker....He is Pirlo level when he turns up...I still feel he only turned up in about 25% of games last season and he was mostly anonymous in many big games but when he turned up he controlled the game from start to finish so I hope he can turn that 25% into something much higher this season...He only turned up in about 10% of games under Moyes so Van Gaal has been a revelation for his career so I hope he can improve consistency by another 25% next season..I don't see why not

Last edited:

Brightonian

Still never managed to work out how there's enough room around his ankles to pull that trick off!

I feel like now is an appropriate time for my favourite footballing gif of all time, in which the laws of physics just... give up.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Still never managed to work out how there's enough room around his ankles to pull that trick off!

I feel like now is an appropriate time for my favourite footballing gif of all time, in which the laws of physics just... give up.

Hugs

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

this
but closely followed by this as the second best footballing gif of all time:

Eric'sCollar

Anyone got the gif where he just slides like he is moon walking looking at the camera in the background when another player was on camera? Happened early in the season from memory.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Anyone got the gif where he just slides like he is moon walking looking at the camera in the background when another player was on camera? Happened early in the season from memory.
tried to find it but then i found this :lol:

hugs

itso 7

If we get Morgan and Bastien on board then Mata should have no excuses when he gets his chance in the hole. With those two propping him he will have a full hunting license to concentrate on scoring and creating goals, with pace on either side of him we could be lethal in attack.

Brightonian

I imagine he'll be competing with Herrera for the AM spot, whilst also providing an option for the RW spot (as last season) if Di Maria doesn't immediately find form.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Mata is the best finisher we have, if we play to his strengths we'll still be contending in May.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
So guys, we're close to signing Schweinsteiger and Shneiderlin. Should I be worried for Mata in any way? I think Blind/Herrera wont be playing as often. Herrera might be a back up for him. Something like this.

----------------------back four--------
----------Schneiderlin-----Schweinsteiger-----
---Di Maria------------Mata---------------Depay
-----------------------Rooney-------------------

What do you guys think?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So guys, we're close to signing Schweinsteiger and Shneiderlin. Should I be worried for Mata in any way? I think Blind/Herrera wont be playing as often. Herrera might be a back up for him. Something like this.

----------------------back four--------
----------Schneiderlin-----Schweinsteiger-----
---Di Maria------------Mata---------------Depay
-----------------------Rooney-------------------

What do you guys think?
People are forgetting just how many games we'll be playing this year... we'll need a full squad to battle on different fronts. Mata will get plenty of gametime, as will Herrera and Blind.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
People are forgetting just how many games we'll be playing this year... we'll need a full squad to battle on different fronts. Mata will get plenty of gametime, as will Herrera and Blind.
I think it was a good decision to sign these two midfielders. Also, schweinsteiger will probably get injured (as will carrick) and we will need a solid midfield for those times.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I think he'll be a key player in CL fixtures for us. One thing I like about him is he plays the right pass more often than not, and where someone like Depay or Herrera will most likely be more erratic, he can play a few roles himself to bring a cool head into the side.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I worry for Mata but mainly because of Depay and Di Maria

It's Herrera I worry for after this weekends antics in the transfer market

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I think Mata will be able to get 30-35 starts next year, whether through form, injury, suspensions, etc., across all comps

We should be expecting to play at least 50 matches next season, hopefully closer to 60. There will be enough to go around for the big names and the young players too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I worry for Mata but mainly because of Depay and Di Maria

It's Herrera I worry for after this weekends antics in the transfer market
Personally think Herrera will slot in next to Schweiny and Schneiderlin perfectly... He's still the only midfielder we have who is creative and forward thinking, unless we put mata or di maria in there (which we'll probably do to rest him).

The main players who will suffer a big reduction of playing time will be Carrick, young, blind and fellaini I think. Unless Shaw is injured a lot like last year, then blind is fine.

Eric'sCollar

I said it when he first signed, I think we will get the best out of Mata in Europe. Not that we can't or we shouldn't expect it in the league but I think the way we will set up in Europe, I think playing him off the lone striker, with a solid two behind him in midfield, he will really show what a great number 10 he is.

Eric'sCollar

Is he a viable alternative as an out and out striker? Or is he just too small?
Would completely halve the amount of forward balls to the front. Can't play him in behind, can't knock the ball at height to him. Needs someone in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.