6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

:lol: Sorry but before the QPR game, many were calling for him to be dropped.

If your saying Mata as been bad then fair enough but however you rank is performances he's been better than RvP, that's for sure.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Van Gaal just keeps disappointing, great stuff. Drop one of our best players from last game for lethargic RvP who is in his worst form in career/striker playing in number 10/new player who isn't even our player and showed nothing to claim starting position yet. But as long as we win everything will be fine.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
If your saying Mata as been bad then fair enough but however you rank is performances he's been better than RvP, that's for sure.
That's not what I'm saying. It's what a good portion of the caf were saying however. I've been defending Mata actually. I love the little guy.

Lu Tze

Seriously Nev and Scholes go a bit OTT with their impartiality sometimes to the extent that it feels like they go out of their way to criticise United's players. Especially Mata for some unfathomable reason.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Van Gaal just keeps disappointing, great stuff. Drop one of our best players from last game for lethargic RvP who is in his worst form in career/striker playing in number 10/new player who isn't even our player and showed nothing to claim starting position yet. But as long as we win everything will be fine.
How can a new player show something if he isn't playing? You can make that argument if Falcao has played 10 games and hasnt scored but not now.

OneUnited24

I think Mata behind Rooney & Falcao would be my choice but LvG clearly thinks Mata and Rooney would overlap too much - hence why RvP starts. My thinking is if RvP doesnt look up for it today we will have Mata/Rooney/Falcao start the next game.

Marcus

I think LVG probably thinks that Mata will not do well against a pressing team like Leceister. So he is just a victim of the strategy for this game.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
All will be fine when he comes on for RVP and scores, smiles and starts next week.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How can a new player show something if he isn't playing? You can make that argument if Falcao has played 10 games and hasnt scored but not now.
Just because he showed class for other club means he should be an automatic starter for us? Mata deserves to be dropped for new striker just because we paid big money for him?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
:lol: Sorry but before the QPR game, many were calling for him to be dropped.
Yeah it's funny really, he was probably the least impressive out of our midfield diamond against qpr as well. His form has been exactly the same as van persies this season, apart from scoring two tap ins, but because he got dropped today doesn't mean this is how it will always be. Rvp needs a goal as much as anyone and van gaal could be trying to play him into form.

RDCR07

Just because he showed class for other club means he should be an automatic starter for us? Mata deserves to be dropped for new striker just because we paid big money for him?
He isn't an automatic starter. This is his first start. Did I say Mata should be dropped? Did you read my post above in this page?

LARulz

It makes no sense to me because it sounds like he rated Van Persie's performance

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Well Neville, you let us down from a defensive perspective time and time again in our biggest games (the games against RM come to mind immediately), but in Mata's case thank God he is actually here to attack and not a defender or a defensive mid.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Neville is hugely annoying with all his Mata hatred, really. Maybe he's fighting his inner manly love for him this way?
I hope that Van Gaal would see that Mata is our best n.10

Rob Bowman

It makes no sense to me because it sounds like he rated Van Persie's performance
^ this...

If you were unhappy with Rooney how could you be happy with RvP?

And this get on Mata stuff is just obtuse. He is an ACM and he is sublime. I hope LVG just wants to rest mata and save him some lumps, cause after AdM Mata is the 2nd name on my dream United team...

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Weird. Now we have the sort of attacking personell to help Mata thrive he's dropped.

Rooney might offer more defensively than Mata does but Mata infinitely better from an attacking perspective in the #10.

In the #10 Rooney's first thought when he receives the ball seems to be "get it out wide" whereas Mata is cute enough with the ball to feed the strikers.

Leicester 5:3 Man Utd

JUPITER

Ridiculous that RvP starts and Mata is benched imo. No matter if RvP scores - he's done nothing to be starting over Mata. Very harsh and clear favouritism.

Walters_19_MuFc

Lost the ball cheaply in a very dangerous position, which lead to the fourth goal. Not sure why LVG put him on for Di Maria, mind. He should have been put on as a number 10, with Rooney partnering Van Persie.

RORY65

Lost the ball cheaply in a very dangerous position, which lead to the fourth goal. Not sure why LVG put him on for Di Maria, mind. He should have been put on as a number 10, with Rooney partnering Van Persie.
His lack of physicality was an issue again although Rojo was mostly at fault, that was a terrible ball to play in that situation. As you said, I have no idea why Van Gaal put him in midfield, Di Maria didn't seem to be struggling and surely it would have made more sense to bring on an actual central midfielder if there was an issue. I suspect Mata is going to be mostly a substitute waiting for one of our 3 strikers to get injured.

Devil may care

I know he is a huge Caf favourite and seems a very genuine and nice guy, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is sold in one of the next two windows, I think LvG will be looking to add more pace and physicality and Mata lacks both.

saivet

It was a woeful ball to him from Rojo.

Wait, LVG put him on in CM??

JackXX

He's the type of player who is a bit of a luxury in some ways but to get the most out of him you have to build the team around him. If we start him in the number ten role I'm sure he will be great for us. Anywhere else not so much. I don't think he's the type of player you want to bring on as a sub either.

itso 7

He's the type of player who is a bit of a luxury in some ways but to get the most out of him you have to build the team around him. If we start him in the number ten role I'm sure he will be great for us. Anywhere else not so much. I don't think he's the type of player you want to bring on as a sub either.
I think the problem currently is who kept him out. Van Persie, though he scored and had a hand in the third goal, was an absolute liability in attack. Last week he was helping us with clever and quick passing that had us playing some sensational stuff. You'd think if Falcao had been at the end of the two or three chances Van Persie got we would have been out of sight before we collapsed like a deck of cards. With Mata in there you'd have fancied him to create more chances. However our biggest issue was not a lack of goals, three goals should at least, at worst, earn you a draw. That collapse was pathetic!

united_99

It's funny ppl complain about him not defending and then when he doesn't play we looked awful, as well, got overrun, couldn't keep the ball, scored 2 goals because of Falcao's and Di Maria's individual brilliance and conceded 3!

dev1l

when we lose the ball, he s a ball watcher. I can't see a serious premiership team affording more than one such player, perhaps a maximum of two in easier games. We have Mata, rvp and falcao, I think eventually lvg will opt fir the latter two

RDCR07

when we lose the ball, he s a ball watcher. I can't see a serious premiership team affording more than one such player, perhaps a maximum of two in easier games. We have Mata, rvp and falcao, I think eventually lvg will opt fir the latter two
Falcao actually did his share of dropping back and getting a couple of interceptions today.

acnumber9

It's funny ppl complain about him not defending and then when he doesn't play we looked awful, as well, got overrun, couldn't keep the ball, scored 2 goals because of Falcao's and Di Maria's individual brilliance and conceded 3!
We dominated possession so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea we couldn't keep the ball. We actually got far worse at keeping the ball when Mata came on.

JackXX

I think the problem currently is who kept him out. Van Persie, though he scored and had a hand in the third goal, was an absolute liability in attack. Last week he was helping us with clever and quick passing that had us playing some sensational stuff. You'd think if Falcao had been at the end of the two or three chances Van Persie got we would have been out of sight before we collapsed like a deck of cards. With Mata in there you'd have fancied him to create more chances. However our biggest issue was not a lack of goals, three goals should at least, at worst, earn you a draw. That collapse was pathetic!
Yep agree with all of that

united_99

We dominated possession so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea we couldn't keep the ball. We actually got far worse at keeping the ball when Mata came on.
We gave the ball away too often before Mata got on. That's why we conceded 3 times. Of course we were going to lose more possesion once Leicester get even tighter and Di Maria comes off. If he had actually started with Mata or at least brought him on earlier the team would have been more balanced.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I know he is a huge Caf favourite and seems a very genuine and nice guy, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is sold in one of the next two windows, I think LvG will be looking to add more pace and physicality and Mata lacks both.
Valencia>Mata right?

united_99

Btw, LvG agrees. Even more baffling then why he didn't act quicker:
"We didn't keep ball possession in the right way," said Van Gaal. "Leicester have already showed against Arsenal and Stoke that they can come back and they did it very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.