Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolredwine

lameredboots
If we are going to drop RvP (with Falcao injured), LvG should quietly put Rooney up as a lone striker and start Mata behind him, flanked by di Maria and Adnan. No point faffing about now by playing Rooney deeper alongside Fellaini.

Roboc7

I think he will come out good during the rest of the season, for me he has not been "that" bad to sell him already.
No he hasn't been that bad and he is a very good player but he hasn't been very good either and is effectively a £37.5m squad player in a struggling team so selling him to fund new signings makes sense as things stand.

Traub

It seems like his days at United are numbered. Expecting a transfer to Spain come the summer.

gza the genius

It seems like his days at United are numbered. Expecting a transfer to Spain come the summer.
Most likely, but I don't think today really proved that. With the defense we had LVG was always going to play harder working and defensively astute players. After we got the goal there was no way someone like Mata would be coming on.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I think Mata will come in for the Hull match.

If van Gaal can't drop RVP for that match, he really needs someone to talk to him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Play him behind Rooney next match please.
Carrick
Ander - Di Maria
Mata
Rooney - Wilson

Wouldn't mind seeing us go with that and then taking one of the high-paced, energetic midfield duo's or even Wilson off for Fellaini/Fletcher if we need to get a bit gritty once we've killed the game off.

marlowe78

It's disappointing to see Mata on the bench when 1) he was the outright game-changer against Palace and deserved to start today and 2) RVP is doing feck ALL in 80 minutes and should've come off earlier.

Time for van Gaal to be proactive. Put RVP on the bench, Rooney and Wilson as the two up front with Mata as the #10.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yep has to play against Hull, did very well against Chelsea then got dropped for City then scored the winner against Palace after being dropped for that one and then dropped again today :(

saivet

I think he'll play against Hull. He'll probably bag a goal too. RVP is lucky to be playing ahead of him right now.

Roboc7

Was right not to play him today he would not have been any use as he couldn't have contributed defensively in midfield and doesn't have a the pace to play on the counter. He might come in against Hull but wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench a again.

Devil may care

We will most likely have to play the 3-5-2-1 again against Hull given our lack of LB options, and I doubt Mata will come in. If there is any change it might be pushing Rooney up next to Di Maria and bringing Ander in, or just playing Wilson instead of RvP.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Praying he comes back in, his patience and quality on the ball will guarantee chances against a side like Hull at home.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I've been fairly critical of him this season since I think he's often been anonymous, but I kind of hope we switch it up tomorrow and play him since RVP looks more and more hopeless each time he plays.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I wonder if we may revert back to 4-3-1-2 as Hull often deploy a 3 at the back system themselves against big teams. This presents us with an opportunity to control the game, dictate play, dominate possession and thus need a player to carve openings out for runners.

De Gea
Rafael Smalling McNair Blackett
Fellaini Carrick Di Maria
Mata
RVP Rooney

FC Ronaldo

I wonder if we may revert back to 4-3-1-2 as Hull often deploy a 3 at the back system themselves against big teams. This presents us with an opportunity to control the game, dictate play, dominate possession and thus need a player to carve openings out for runners.

De Gea
Rafael Smalling McNair Blackett
Fellaini Carrick Di Maria
Mata
RVP Rooney
I very nearly called it but for the defensive swaps.

FC Ronaldo

One "runner" in the team (Di Maria) and fullbacks. This is going to be a difficult game for Mata.
Valencia and Young should have ample opportunities to press Elmohammady and Robertson. Fellaini will do his usual drift to the edge of play waiting for a cross trick too. There will be options for him however your point is a valid one, it may be that our best chances come on the counter when Hull aren't drilled into position quite so much.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Am I the only one who thinks he should been offering more, he is constantly passing it backwards, and hardly takes a player on, it's not bad what he is showing, but he is playing like a ball retention player.
Huh ?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I think he is playing well, but I see him passing the ball backwards to often, just to keep possession, but as one of the creative players, I think he should think forward more often, and try to break the game open with his class.
He's been making many driving runs forward and through balls, what are you on about?

BW.k

Am I the only one who thinks he should been offering more, he is constantly passing it backwards, and hardly takes a player on, it's not bad what he is showing, but he is playing like a ball retention player.
This is not even his game.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I think he is playing well, but I see him passing the ball backwards to often, just to keep possession, but as one of the creative players, I think he should think forward more often, and try to break the game open with his class.
More this "last chance" business. He's been here less than a year. People get far too hyperbolic about the short term. Like when Januzaj didn't start for the first 4 games and everyone threw a wobbly and decided he was going to leave. Then he started 3 and everyone wanted him dropped. Chill the feck out man.

BarstoolProphet

It's so easy to see how much he loves playing with Herrera. Our team looks so fluid with those two on the field together.

Status
Not open for further replies.