Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Couldn't believe it when I saw him (Rojo) trying to claim it. :lol:
Might have scraped his quiff :nervous: To be fair he probably has a nice goal bonus in his contract, so I am not surprised :lol:

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
This place is insane.

6 months ago, Ashley Young was the scapegoat.

People want to sell Mata and buy the next flavour of the month who has never played in England.

Mata has done well, at least in comparison to other attacking players.

SSSSnake

I think we'll always see Mata as a luxuary player. Lets be honest he's only playing because of other injuries. But really happy for him to be scoring and contributing. There's nothing worse then seeing injuries to our starting XI but it makes it much sweeter seeing someone like Mata stepping up to fill in.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
There's nothing worse then seeing injuries to our starting XI but it makes it much sweeter seeing someone like Mata stepping up to fill in.
This is a good point in my opinion.

I personally want to see Mata start every week, I rate him extremely higher but I understand and accept the view that people rate other players higher or that the system is better without Mata, it's a never ending debate. However, if Mata wasn't a regular starter, if we want to be the best again, this is the type of quality that we need coming in when needed. The best teams in the world bring top quality off the bench, we need to be able to do the same, especially with (hopefully) Europe next season.

So I can't understand the people wanting Mata sold.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I like Mata - he's a really intelligent and likable character, but I just don't feel he'll ever fit. He's a very talented and technically gifted #10, who is more than capable of scoring goals and getting assists, but that's all. I feel he's too rigid tactically to be of major use for van Gaal going forward - especially with his competition. It's a shame, because on current form van Persie should be dropped and Mata should start behind Rooney, but I don't think it'll ever happen. Once everyone is fully fit and we have our full side he'll drop back down the pecking order. It's actually pretty similar to the scenario at Chelsea, whilst being their best player for a good few years, and still being one of the best at the club, he simply didn't fit what Mourinho seeked to implement. The same is happening here. We seem to be (whilst it doesn't seem so now) be moving toward a 4-3-3 as our actual, true formation, and Mata just wouldn't fit that.

Southampton 1:2 Man Utd

Sam

He's just a complete passenger in games like these.

Offers nothing defensively, and gets bullied off the ball going forward. Herrera has shown more in 5 minutes, then Mata did in the previous 40.

Kag

Pathetic first half. Out of position or not, one thing I hate is hiding. Push on and man up second half, please.

Stringer

Completely invisible which is a recurring theme in matches like tonight. He should be the player providing the others an option and bringing a bit of composure. Instead he avoids taking any responsibility and shifts the ball on as quickly as possible inevitably in the direction towards our goal.

Roboc7

Passenger once again as he is in too many games, looks lost and his lack of pace and strength makes him useless on the counter.

Vidicious

Flop
Our worst performer tonight IMO. Some may say Fellaini through individual mistakes but at least he looked for the ball. Mata goes into hiding any time the team needs him.

A luxury player & nothing else.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Rooney's been just as bad as him, as have a lot of the rest of the team. No point singling him out.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Aye, I see Mata moving on as opposed to it changing.
Yeah, he's an excellent player but I don't see LVG changing things up to accommodate him with the other stars we have in the side.

Robbie Boy

Yeah, he's an excellent player but I don't see LVG changing things up to accommodate him with the other stars we have in the side.
It's a shame that it'll probably come to him leaving. He's the kind of player that I looked at with envy when he was scoring and assisting likes there was no tomorrow, while at Chelsea.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It's a shame that it'll probably come to him leaving. He's the kind of player that I looked at with envy when he was scoring and assisting likes there was no tomorrow, while at Chelsea.
Exactly. Imagine people saying 8 months ago back in April that they didn't expect him to last here. They'd have been laughed at.

saivet

He wasn't particularly sloppy but he just didn't do anything. If we're going to continue playing him so deep we should really look for alternatives.

Vidicious

Flop
Anonymous tonight. We certainly don't play to his strengths.
Can argue we don't play to his strengths but he certainly needs to put in more of a shift for the team when their backs are against the wall.

Now becoming clear why Mourinho didn't bat an eyelid in selling him to a rival 2 years back.

prarek

Just not his position. Was anonymous today. Most of our players were terrible apart from RVP and De Gea.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
When the things are going well he can be fantastic, but when it gets tougher he’s not only invisible, but also doing the simplest things only. We can't afford to play him in games like that, he is a passenger. I hope he finds himself in the bench for the next few games.

He has been jogging for the 90 minutes. I don’t think I like him, word “soft” comes to my mind.

Robbie Boy

Can argue we don't play to his strengths but he certainly needs to put in more of a shift for the team when their backs are against the wall.

Now becoming clear why Mourinho didn't bat an eyelid in selling him to a rival 2 years back.
Mourinho feels Oscar suits his system better and you can't argue with that. You also can't argue with Mata's numbers while at Chelsea. He is playing in a system that doesn't accommodate him at all and thus looks like a luxury player.

Sam

How many forward passes has he given? He has become a ball retention player on the no 10 position, tactical mistake.
A ball retention player who struggles to retain the ball under any sort of physical pressure.

He has the physical strength of a 10 year old boy.

Roboc7

Awful from start to finish, pointless playing him there especially alongside fellaini.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Needs to be played further forward. Wasted so deep.
Just not his position. Was anonymous today. Most of our players were terrible apart from RVP and De Gea.
Would you play him over Herrera at the tip of the diamond though? It's clear he won't be playing in his favoured no10 position, because we always play 2 strikers up front.

Zoo

He was completely anonymous, a waste of a shirt. I think he only stayed on so long because we'd used 2 of our subs in the first half.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I thought he was one of our better players on the night tbh

acnumber9

He's a luxury this team can ill afford at the moment. He'll be good when we're dominating but when you need to dig in he's going to jog around like a lost puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.