Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
So a year since I fell in love.....

So much has been made of his performances, especially this season but I think from the moment he arrived, he has been very good. Ok, he hasn't replicated his player of the season performances at Chelsea but that was always going to be a tough ask. Him being the record signing at the time, has never helped him in regards to the way some fans view his performances, some are just not happy with anything less than 10 created chances and a goal each game.

But if you sit back and look at his general play and contribution, he has been very good. Obvious room for improvement (along with every player) but it has been a pleasure watching him, he is just a different class at times. Some of the things, people wouldn't realise but those who understand the game at a good level will realise just how good some of his touches and awareness in certain areas is.

Also, being a beautiful man inside and out doesn't hurt either. It's great to have people like that at the club in the modern game when so many in his position can be real dicks.

Hugs.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Will probably start the game on Tuesday, didn't really do much today when he came on but that knee run :lol:
Would like to see that type of formation that we finished the game with from the start though, with Mata, Di Maria and Januzaj behind the striker. Think it'd potentially be brilliant. Put Herrera in midfield next to Blind and Rooney up top too. Seems perfectly balanced.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So, after being our probably best player in last 6-7 games he is rewarded with bench.

Ringo 07

So, after being our probably best player in last 6-7 games he is rewarded with bench.
I thought we looked more balanced as a team without him even though he has done really well for us in some games......he's a great asset still to have

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Hardly a shock though. An indication that he hasn't played nearly as well as some make it out to be. Still, perhaps a bit unlucky to be dropped given that Falcao still starts.

Didn't miss him today mind.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Hardly a shock though. An indication that he hasn't played nearly as well as some make it out to be. Still, perhaps a bit unlucky to be dropped given that Falcao still starts.

Didn't miss him today mind.
Even if you don't think he played that good, he was still much much better than pretty much anyone who fights with him for the position so he was unfairly dropped when there are other players who are in shit form. Btw, you could imply the same logic for why he played, because during those games van Gaal rarely subbed him off once - he was playing all the time which could mean that van Gaal was happy with his performances.

Ringo 07

Even if you don't think he played that good, he was still much much better than pretty much anyone who fights with him for the position so he was unfairly dropped when there are other players who are in shit form. Btw, you could imply the same logic for why he played, because during those games van Gaal rarely subbed him off once - he was playing all the time which could mean that van Gaal was happy with his performances.
he's been great but we lack pace, width and penetration with him in the team. Something we seemed to have a little more of than usual today

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Like I said, he's perhaps a bit unlucky given that he's not been any worse than the rest. Thing is, he hasn't really done anything to make himself undroppable either. The last good game he had from a creative stand point was the first half against Spurs. And he was subbed off at HT against QPR. Nd we looked better today with Di Maria in there.

Bwuk

I'd play him and only one of Falcao/RvP if we were to play the midfield we played today again.

Eric'sCollar

Have a good laugh at it but when I actually look at it, it's an amazing bit of balance and he does extremely well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I thought we'd signed Giovinco when I saw that.

Man Utd 3:0 Cambridge

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'll give the little man's thread a bump - good performance, well taken goal. Lovely stuff.

So we'll be on to not selling him this week then? I think maybe - just maybe we can all come to the conclusion that he's worth having in our squad - whether you think he's a starter or not.

jem

I'll give the little man's thread a bump - good performance, well taken goal. Lovely stuff.

So we'll be on to not selling him this week then? I think maybe - just maybe we can all come to the conclusion that he's worth having in our squad - whether you think he's a starter or not.
It baffles me that anybody would want to get rid of him. He's blown hot and cold at times, but the class is there for all to see.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
It baffles me that anybody would want to get rid of him. He's blown hot and cold at times, but the class is there for all to see.
Yeah, I've never really got it either - I get arguments as to why he shouldn't start, but yeah... not starting a player doesn't mean we HAVE to flog him... that's not what having a squad of players is about (though it does feel like that is the way of things on the Caf these days).

Ultimately - he's really fecking good at Football... and, in general, players who are really good at Football are worth having.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

The question is wether it is fine for him not to be a starter, which i doubt it is.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
The question is wether it is fine for him not to be a starter, which i doubt it is.
Of course it is. In a regular season at United (i.e not this one) with the number of games and injuries etc. not starting every game will still mean you can play in 30+.

Besides, I'm not wedded to the idea that you have one starting XI and that's it... your squad should have a range of excellent players, that have different traits, that you can use in different games/scenarios.

Brightonian

Nah. I mean, sometimes he has games where he doesn't score a goal. And he might not be in the starting XI 100% of the time. In my book, that makes him a failure who we should sell asap. Yup.

Boycott

He's an excellent footballer who is showing his class in the last 6 weeks. Passing and composure is on a different level to a lot of our players but he's got real creativity and urgency back to his game. Players like Di Maria and Falcao will thrive with him. Januzaj too. Forward thinking like minded players.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Of course it is. In a regular season at United (i.e not this one) with the number of games and injuries etc. not starting every game will still mean you can play in 30+.

Besides, I'm not wedded to the idea that you have one starting XI and that's it... your squad should have a range of excellent players, that have different traits, that you can use in different games/scenarios.
I agree we should have competition on all positions, but i would like to think that we have a mostly consistent XI NeXT year like Chelsea and i just doubt he is seen as the main #10 at that time.
Could be wrong though, i would like to see Mata keep playing for us. :)

ottosec

Didn't deserve to get dropped for the Leicester game, proved it tonight that he should start.

marlowe78

My complaint with him is that he's bullied by big players, not that it's his fault. Still very valuable and can do real damage with the right players around him.

Why is he not taking our freekicks lately, BTW? He is a much better kicker than Rooney.

Eric'sCollar

A very good display yet again.

A great goal too, took McNair's ball down really well, moved it quick and got in the box, it's a great number 10's goal.

NoPace

Did well today. Mourinho seemed to not be a fan of this idea, but you wonder what our ceiling would be if we just don't sign Falcao permanently and spend everything on a goalscoring wide player and play:

------Rooney----- (RVP, Wilson)
-------Mata-Winger (Rooney, Di Maria, Fellaini)
DiMaria------------- (Januzaj)
----------Herrera--- (Signing)
-------Blind--------- (Carrick)

Is that good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.