Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I only watched from the 50th minute on, but I thought he looked great: silky touches (including one that set up our goal,) hard work (including feisty moments,) and great recycling of possession. He's underwhelmed quite a bit this season, but I have no complaints with what I saw today.
You picked the perfect time to watch him and the game.

kundalini

I have no idea how he manages to start on a regular basis. It's like when Rooney was starting game after game. Surely you have to try other options because it would hardly be a great surprise if they contributed more than Mata has done this season.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was among the best players in 2nd half. Had a fantastic touch in buildup to 1st goal. sent in a good cross that should have been scored. contributed defensively. Was stringing good 1-2s as well. But loved him have a go at Mccarthy after he literally climbed at Rashford

jem

Was among the best players in 2nd half. Had a fantastic touch in buildup to 1st goal. sent in a good cross that should have been scored. contributed defensively. Was stringing good 1-2s as well. But loved him have a go at Mccarthy after he literally climbed at Rashford
Yeah McCarthy knew better than to feck with Juan 'thugs' Mata.

acnumber9

We can add him to the number of players who've played full back this season now.

dichinero

Can't blame him. LvG and Giggs have thought it wise for Mata to track Rose while Lingard sits in the middle.

saivet

If we're demanding him to work so hard defensively, we should have just played Young, Valencia or Lingard on the right. He's done okay for the most part, but we're asking for trouble.

Devil may care

I'm not a big fan of Mata but this role has to be intentional and is ridiculous, he's basically a Wingback.

binary bot
One of the only games where he'd be a safe choice through the middle with Alli, Lamela and Eriksen pressing high up.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just dont get why Mata is playing at RW. You have a RW in team, you have a CAM in team, no point playing 2 guys out of position when it can so easily be none

finneh

Is this a competition to put as many players on the pitch more suited to the role Mata is playing than Mata himself?

kps88

The position he's played in is the least of his problems. He'd have been even more anonymous if we played him as a number ten. His best form for us actually did come playing wide right.

acnumber9

It's impossible to judge his performance today. The way he was being asked to play was utterly insane. I'd struggle to think of a worse player to play in that position covering the entire flank on his own.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's impossible to judge his performance today. The way he was being asked to play was utterly insane. I'd struggle to think of a worse player to play in that position covering the entire flank on his own.
LvG's tactical setup this game has been bizarre. Mata was clearly instructed to play deep and help out Fosu-Mensah a lot but why him? Start Valencia instead if you're going down that route ffs.

The_Midfielder

He is too limited.. Rose was killing on the right because of Mata.. if Young or Lingard played on the right we would have been a lot better

MoskvaRed

He's not good enough at this level but he (and every other player) are very much secondary issues at the moment.

Lentwood

He has played plenty of times at AMC/AMR/AML and wherever he plays, he has been shite. The amount of flak Depay gets for trying to make things happen and yet Mata gets away with playing so cowardly ever week

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Extremely stupid to criticise him today given the way he was used.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
He was played out of position today and was useless but even when in his preferred role he isn't very good anymore, he is getting worse and worse. Hes is finished at this club after this season IMO.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's been better than people have given him credit for at times on the wing, so I don't think that can be used to excuse him being incredibly quiet today.

acnumber9

He has played plenty of times at AMC/AMR/AML and wherever he plays, he has been shite. The amount of flak Depay gets for trying to make things happen and yet Mata gets away with playing so cowardly ever week
Mata is a better player than Depay. He was playing right back for most of the game. It's impossible to judge his performance today because asking him to play that way was batshit mental.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's been better than people have given him credit for at times on the wing, so I don't think that can be used to excuse him being incredibly quiet today.
Cheesy he is chronically a bag of shite on the wing. It's laughable you're coming out with that. He is a coward of a player, great in flashes but contributes nothing the whole match apart from a minute or two. Get rid asap!

Manny

Grammar Police
Mata should have swapped positions with Lingard for the second half.

He spent most of the game having to play fullback. Meanwhile Lingard did absolutely nothing in the centre.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Cheesy he is chronically a bag of shite on the wing. It's laughable you're coming out with that. He is a coward of a player, great in flashes but contributes nothing the whole match apart from a minute or two. Get rid asap!
He's been okay in parts. Needs to do a lot more to the impact the game as a whole, but he's often contributed with goals and assists. Today he did little though, and I'd happily criticise him for offering us very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.