6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAME DIOUF 32

Rooney and mata both should not play if we have Zlatan as CF. There is no pace.. No width and no creativity. Everything is in front of the opponent. Rather would have preferred lingard to play ahead of Mata.
Yep, I think that's the issue. Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Fellaini, Rooney, Mata and (arguably) Zlatan are all slow players. Picking too many of them together makes us a slow team.

Icemav

Mata is going to be a club legend and I hope he stays for a good chunk of time. He has been superb for us so far this season and even if not automatic first choice atm will definitely feature heavily for us. He is just an injury away from being crucial again. Miti is the man of the moment and Rooney is being given a run but things can change v quickly. Ultimately its nice having a deep squad with proven class..... Sheringham, Solksjaer, Tevez etc

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was good. Involved in lots of good stuff in the first half, and should have had a clear penalty and probably an assist too.

RC89

I only caught the end but the BBC live text reporting showed he played our attackers in a few times. Was he not that great today then?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was alright, but I feel his influence in games and his overall contribution has wavered as the season has progressed. Just a month or two ago he looked like our best attacker this season.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Was OK.

But we weren't great as a whole. I've seen many Fergie sides play pants on boxing day.

Some games aren't meant for him. Against a big physical side I think Rooney or rashford would be better on the right.

He's still an excellent option to have and very productive.

I dint think he will start next game though. Rooney and Martial on the flanks.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He was alright, but I feel his influence in games and his overall contribution has wavered as the season has progressed. Just a month or two ago he looked like our best attacker this season.
To be fair, he's barely played since.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
To be fair, he's barely played since.
Aye, that is true. And really I don't think it's through fault of his own - Pogba and Mkhi are both better players than him at their best, and Lingard/Martial just offer something better.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Had a great run before creating a goalscoring opportunity for Ibra and should've been awarded a penalty but overall I thought that he was a little disappointing today (especially considering Micky's performance). Haven't seen a Christmas video before, he is amazing, as usual, impossible not to like him

Sylar

Hes a good player to have. Unlucky not to get an assist today as well. Its nice to be able to take him off and have Martial or Mkhi to bring on (or Lingard). Or for him to come on for one of them if its not working. Its not a bad four to have tbh.

jem

That piece of skill to set up Ibra was just :drool: fantastic option to have. Might be hard for him to start at the moment, but under no circumstances should Rooney be on the pitch ahead of him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's so unlucky that his body just can't run fast. Mentally he's as sharp as anybody, but football is a running sport.

His early season form has dipped slightly, relies heavily on Valencia to cover him also.

Mr.Plow

That's because we've changed our system and he's no longer playing as a number 10.

No doubt about it, he's half the player on the wing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thought he did well today.

The problem really is that Pogba doesn't suit a system where there's a #10 and Mkhi has done so well that you would think RW isn't available. This has meant that there's no obvious place in the team for him, even though he had probably been our POTY before being dropped.

OohAahMartial

That's because we've changed our system and he's no longer playing as a number 10.

No doubt about it, he's half the player on the wing.
Quality problem. To get the most out of Pogba we need to play a 4-3-3 (4-1-4-1 if u like) but to get the most out of Mata we need to play 4-2-3-1. Can see Mata becoming a b9t part player now especially with Mhki here.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He is much more effective centrally. Although the touch and skill to set up Ibra was just Wow!
Loved his dive as well.:devil:

NoPace

He and Martial competing for a spot opposite Mkhitaryan (who can play either side) now, for me. If platooned cleverly in the correct matchups they could end up being as effective as any wide attacker in the Prem but maybe Mkhi, Hazard and De Bruyne and Sanchez (assuming they end up back there) in the league.

AndyJ1985

Who'd have thought Mata would make more of a contribution than Fellaini. Jesus christ let's learn from our mistakes shall we.

Tiber

Should be starting every single game.

Dropping him for Fellaini should lead to a public flogging

Robbie Boy

No idea how fecking Fellaini starts ahead of him. Especially in games like Boro at home which we are clearly going to dominate.

Kassadin

In fairness Fellaini played in Carrick's spot. Accommodating Mata would mean a change in the formation if Martial and Mkhi were to be kept. That being said, he did brilliantly after coming on. There is good competition for the wide spot with him, Martial, Mkhitaryan and Rashford. It is a good problem to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.