6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jev

Did well, we certainly played better after he came on. Sensible as always. Don't see what else he could have done with the chance, it was a worldie save. Happens.

Rossa

It annoys me that he doesn't play when we know the opposition parks the bus. Rashford may have all the pace in the world, but that means little when you have 3 yards to run into. Even Meyler can defend then. Martial and Mata should have played today. Too bad Micky was utter shite today, but that wasn't Mourinho's fault. Not playing Mata and Martial was.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shocking miss but we played way better once he came on, yet again. I really dont understand why he doesnt start more in games like today. Carrick is useless at home against relegation fodder like Hull, just play our creative players and let them create chances.

Sylar

Shocking miss but we played way better once he came on, yet again. I really dont understand why he doesnt start more in games like today. Carrick is useless at home against relegation fodder like Hull, just play our creative players and let them create chances.
Yeah, agreed with this. He should be scoring cos he pretty much had the whole goal to aim at, but I guess we give the keeper credit?
But we looked more likely to score with him on. We need to use him against lower division teams who are going to be trying to get a point.

MoneyMay

Sorry, but what the feck is this guy doing these days? Shouldn't his finishing be his one redeeming trait? Or has he put some shady bets on Hull in recent weeks? Atrocious finishing.
Reactionary nonsense, and you know it. He missed two sitters, but his finishing is usually top class for us.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Probably should have started instead of Carrrick who's skills we really didn't need today. The challenge was always going to be breaking down a resilient Hull defense.
Can't fault Mata today. Was caught offside a couple of times but the good outweighed the bad IMO. Would have been nice to see that chance skip off the keepers thigh & into the net instead of the great save that it was :(

Polite Poster

Supports
Manchester City
Great player who I wish didn't play for you.

Would love him in our team. Can't give him higher praise. Don't understand any Utd fans who don't rate him

MoneyMay

Except, you know, when it actually mattered. So not top class then, because missing match winning sitters is inexcusable
Some more reactionary nonsense. When it mattered? You mean like the goals below? I think I'm the first to tell you the following: top class finishers miss sitters. Mata missing "match winning sitters" - two sitters in 30 games for us this season - doesn't reflect badly on his finishing for us. Hope you're shocked.

Fracture90

As i said before, he's best when coming of the bench in the 2nd half when opposition can't exploit him defensive flaws.

He wasn't bad today, but he simply must score from those chances.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Except, you know, when it actually mattered. So not top class then, because missing match winning sitters is inexcusable
By this barometer we currently have zero class outfield players. RVP also wasn't class when he was here...etc. etc.

unimaginative_name

I've had lots of argument here in caf because I consider Mata as a mediocre player and I'm backed up by Mata's own performance in every match. There's a reason he has never won a league title anywhere. He is just NOT top class and weakens any team he features in, as his position requires lots of creativity, which he offers very little.

A decent manager would get rid of Mata in no time.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Should have started in the ten channel. We should have played a two man MF of Pogba and Herrera.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I've had lots of argument here in caf because I consider Mata as a mediocre player and I'm backed up by Mata's own performance in every match. There's a reason he has never won a league title anywhere. He is just NOT top class and weakens any team he features in, as his position requires lots of creativity, which he offers very little.

I'm pretty certain you're not. Hell, you wouldn't be backed up by last nights game either considering we only started playing anything approaching okay after he came on

WhoDaGOAT

That's a load of bollocks. Lots of players don't win titles.

Ronaldo never won The Champions League. Mata has. He also assisted in the final. He has scored in a European Championship final as well.

He might not be your cup of tea, but to call him mediocre is laughable. Marc Albrighton is mediocre.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I'm not sure what you mean by the part you mention about never winning the league anywhere, a few excellent players have never won a league title before. To counter that, he has won the Champions League, a Europa League and European Championship and World Cup?

I think you are being harsh on Mata to be honest.

Janson

He already did get rid of him once. Right now though, he's the most experienced from the attacking players he's competing with(bar Rooney) and a good player if played in the right position and system. He will be useful until we strengthen in the summer or as a squad player.

He is weak though and non existant defensively, always has been. I remember when he went to Chelsea. Avb benched Anelka and Malouda for him and Sturridge on the wings, playing a high line. That's when they transformed from being a defensively solid team to shipping goals left and right. I'm not saying that was only due to the wingers but it was part of it.

I clearly remember how Nani just walked through him like he wasn't even there to score that brace, when we pumped them with goals.

Last edited:

Woodzy

I'm not sure what you mean by the part you mention about never winning the league anywhere, a few excellent players have never won a league title before. To counter that, he has won the Champions League, a Europa League and European Championship and World Cup?

I think you are being harsh on Mata to be honest.
I'm not sure why but it has claimed you quoted me with this post :(

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Not sure if you should be commenting on one's creativity, to be fair.

bugmat

Historically has been one of our few players who could finish their dinner...he's been missing meals lately sadly.

DatGuyRich

Easily our most overrated player. Legit cannot remember the last good performance he had for us.

His important goals always hide how bad he's been in that game. Should not be starting at all let alone away games.

dichinero

Easily our most overrated player. Legit cannot remember the last good performance he had for us.

His important goals always hide how bad he's been in that game. Should not be starting at all let alone away games.
Classic overreaction

the hea

He's been terrible in the first half. contributes nothing to our general play and can't defend for shit. His hug for Mhiki after he scored was great though so there is always that.

Ashley R1+O

I'd like to see him take the ball on the half turn and move it on a bit more. He plays facing the corner flag angling the ball back towards our goal far to much.

That challenge though, what a madman! :lol:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not a good half. Our wings need a serious upgrade for next season.
Not a winger. Had Mou wanted he could have played him at his natural position- behind the striker and Mkhi out wide, where he is comfortable as well. Although, would agree, not a great half from him

finneh

Not a great half at all. It's telling though the difference between Mkhitaryan out wide and him through the middle.

The truth is we have too many players who are being played wide bit are far more effective centrally.

JeffBoomTetris

He is not playing well and should definitely step it up.

However, there are some absolutely idiotic suggestions here and in the match thread basically saying he contributes nothing. He is showing for the ball, he is creating space just the final ball is lacking. And already got 2 yellow cards for Drinkwater and Fuchs

arthurka

Stop this Mou..
Get Martial on the wing keep Miki central..
Mata should be in the bench and used instead of Rooney..

Edit

I got to stop doing this...
Sorry Mata

Last edited:

Ashley R1+O

Wahee!!! Staying wide and interplay for a run off the back of the line! More of that please!

Status
Not open for further replies.