5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

I had assumed his relative absence over the last two years was because the coaches knew something we didn’t regarding his ability to still contribute at this level. Turns out they were just fecking idiots.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Still got that touch of class, if ANY player can claim to have been misused its him, and did he ever complain? Nope. Quality player, and a gentleman

Coy Keane

Very likeable player who genuinely seemed to care. He will probably not be remembered very fondly since he joined us in a dark chapter of our club's history and overstayed his welcome a bit, but he's very far from the worst signing we made in the post Fergie era.

Ollie Derbyshire

We have played him number 10 probably less than 30 times in 10 years too. Thrown on the wing for most of his peak.
Yep sums up the last 10 really, buy plays and play them in totally the wrong position, same as Pogba for most of his time here.

AdNani

He's the standard of technical ability we need in midfielders, he's lightyears ahead of every other midfielder in the squad. His touch, vision and passes are very very good.

wish him all the best, one of the most likeable players in football

buckooo1978

We know his physical limitations but I saw enough to make you wonder why he hadnt played more regularly

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Love him. Should have been used more especially when we have so many players lacking in technical ability. A shame.

Anyway, hope he comes back as an ambassador.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He himself is slow, but he speeds up our play just by being able to take his first touch and pivot at the same time without it looking laboured and clumsy. Every time he got the ball, he immediately faces goal and moves us up the pitch. So many one touch passes which kept us on the move instead of going backwards and allowing Brentford to regroup, which is what we normally do. That sort of ability shouldn't be such a scarcity in a team like this, but somehow it is.

He can still play, especially when he plays in his actual position and not the makeshift winger we've mostly seen him as. I wonder if his mind is totally set on leaving, or if ETH will want a word. He's not the future, but a bit of depth in the middle of the pitch for 1 season won't hurt.

Reactions: Livvie

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He might have said goodbye to Old Trafford but let’s have another two games of that.

Abraxas

I think it's more the case that this was a fairly ideal game for him than the coaches being wrong. Nice bit of space for him to operate in.

tomaldinho1

Shame we never really played football that suited him since Mou came. Long term servant and nice guy, all the best Juan.

I wonder if his mind is totally set on leaving, or if ETH will want a word.
Seems like his style would mesh nicely with what Ten Hag wants. I'd keep him. Obviously not talking an every week starter, but definitely more involved than he has been in the last couple of years. He makes the players around him play better...I'm sure Sancho, for one, would thrive hugely off the one touch stuff Mata brings.

Dudu

Pure class tonight. Criminal how few games he played this season.

All the best Juan.

Hugs.

redom

Pleasure to watch him tonight, knit it all together and rolled back the years with a vintage performance, class act.

Swiss_Red89

Thank you Juan. Wasn't the biggest fan of his as I thought he was to slow and weak for PL football in his time with us. But what a lovely football player and guy.

Time went on crazy, I remember his arrival and the buzz like it was yesterday.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
You may not like Pogba, Martial, Rashford or Shaw but Mata has had a similar career to Lingard and the other four have been far better, more important, influential than Mata. Give me four regular starters over a squad player any day.
They really havent.

MDFC Manager

Thank you Juan. Wasn't the biggest fan of his as I thought he was to slow and weak for PL football in his time with us. But what a lovely football player and guy.

Time went on crazy, I remember his arrival and the buzz like it was yesterday.
That helicopter arrival at Carrington... Seems just like yesterday

jem

He himself is slow, but he speeds up our play just by being able to take his first touch and pivot at the same time without it looking laboured and clumsy. Every time he got the ball, he immediately faces goal and moves us up the pitch. So many one touch passes which kept us on the move instead of going backwards and allowing Brentford to regroup, which is what we normally do. That sort of ability shouldn't be such a scarcity in a team like this, but somehow it is.

He can still play, especially when he plays in his actual position and not the makeshift winger we've mostly seen him as. I wonder if his mind is totally set on leaving, or if ETH will want a word. He's not the future, but a bit of depth in the middle of the pitch for 1 season won't hurt.
exactly - we were far more fluent and pacy than we’ve been with Rashford slowing down the play with his indecisiveness.

Livvie

Scout
What a waste of the money. If you add inflation, it is there with Pogba transfer.
What he did beside that one game at Anfield?
Off the top of my head, a few productive free kicks, saved games against Newcastle and Juventus for starters.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We haven’t got anyone that can do what he does
MOTM but we need a quick playmaker
His time is unfortunately up for us, but he's the type of player I hope we focus on... Technically proficient footballers who can look after the ball.

Its probably unfounded but it feels like we got a bit obsessed with pace and power over the last few years... Technical quality has been an after thought.

Glorio

Masterful performance. At least twice in midfield, he passed a ball straight from out of the air forward to a United player :eek:

Now I get that this is one and a half games where he's done ok, but surely, he could have done much more than Marcus Rashford??

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
A lot of praise for a player with one good game in 3 years.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Is there a silky player like him in the market ? Donny is a good shout but Mata was the guy who made us click today.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Grandpa mata showing how its done to the youngsters.

TheReligion

Abusive
Great performance and another top pro. Will be missed. Think he’d be good to have around next season in that pocket.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Probably should have played a lot more this season based on that performance. His ability on the ball and his intelligence stand out so much, even if physically he's behind most.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Miss reading matas weekly blogs that he used to do when he was starting week in week out, great player and human being. Top professional. Think he should take up a coaching role when his career comes to an end. All the best Juan.

Livvie

Scout
A lot of praise for a player with one good game in 3 years.
That's the whole point - if he'd played every game, or most games, you might be able to say that, but he's had no run - no chance to get momentum, confidence etc. The last run he had was September 2020 and he didn''t do too badly then. How about the players we've played this season and who have let us down time and time again? Seems to be acceptable to some - those who can't recognise that Mata has been wasted, has not played regularly, yet still slate him rather than the ones who landed us in the God awful mess we are in right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.