Juan Mata

SambaBoy

Surprised no spanish clubs are in for him, possibly Valencia or Seville if they could afford him. If he were to stay in the Premiership, then Everton seems a reasonable club. No other top 4 team are going to take him and I can't see him moving to Spurs with Eriksen in his position.

Shark

@NotShark
He's world class in the right system. But it's not a system that a world class team would ever employ.
Mata has never proven himself to be world class in any system. Not for Us, Chelsea or Spain(not that he gets a look in.)

Jaybomb

Can't believe with the amount of shit we have in our squad, that Juan Mata is the first player we're planning on getting rid of.

When will the likes of Jones, Young and Valencia feck off? The likes of Carrick and Rooney are well past it too but no doubt Jose is gonna give them a ton of chances this season even when they're not up to standard.

Mata deserves better than this. He scored some vital goals for us and loves the club. Would be gutted to see him leave.

1)He took the corner that Drogba scored from in the CL final so he kind of did something.

2) How would Everton (a club football team) win the European Championship which is an international tournament. Please explain.
1) it was just a corner kick. It's not like he as instrumental to anything else. Torres won the corner that Drogba scored from and he's a terrible player.

2) I meant the Europa league. No need to be rude.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Can't believe with the amount of shit we have in our squad, that Juan Mata is the first player we're planning on getting rid of.

When will the likes of Jones, Young and Valencia feck off? The likes of Carrick and Rooney are well past it too but no doubt Jose is gonna give them a ton of chances this season even when they're not up to standard.

Mata deserves better than this. He scored some vital goals for us and loves the club. Would be gutted to see him leave.
Well you have to have interested buyers to make a sale right? It's not like you say we won't sell Mata until we sell this other guy.

You get the deals done when you can get them done. Maybe Mata has a better agent?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Our side is technically poor. Leaving aside the old guard: there are players in every position you can say that should be sold before Mata. As it is we aren't having any natural #10 in our side (Januzaj if you want to, as he says he is more comfortable there), which makes this sale all the more foolish. He is technically better than every player in our side, has fantastic vision, good stats as well. Selling him would be bonkers

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's world class in the right system. But it's not a system that a world class team would ever employ.
Great post, Mata was brilliant for 2 seasons at Chelsea but the key thing is for those 2 seasons Chelsea themselves were far from brilliant

Assuming we do move to 4-3-3 next season I really don't see a position for Mata even as a backup for someone (not like Herrera for example who can play in a midfield 3), that being said Everton is a massive step down for him

Stringer

1) it was just a corner kick. It's not like he as instrumental to anything else. Torres won the corner that Drogba scored from and he's a terrible player.

2) I meant the Europa league. No need to be rude.
Mata won player of the year twice while he was at Chelsea including the season they won the CL. For you to suggest he wasn't instrumental is simply laughable.

Enigma_87

You know who

You can't really sell Rooney. Who would be stupid enough to pay him even half of what he's getting at United? My only hope is some Chinese or Qatari club pouncing on that although he might think he's still too young to go there which brings us to the previous point.

saivet

Sure, the teams he may have played in have not won a league title. But he has been a key part of teams in winning the Copa Del Ray, FA Cup (x2), EL, and CL. A good player, who I'll be sad to see go.

I do understand why, however, but wish him all the best, should he leave.

Ghengis

He has scored some really important goals for us in big games but i think he is a little overrated by some. Most games he goes missing and gets pushed of the ball far to easy and he mostly pass it sideways or backwards. I think Mourinho is planning us to be a physical and paceful counter attacking team and Mata would not fit in that kind of style IMO

Mata won player of the year twice while he was at Chelsea including the season they won the CL. For you to suggest he wasn't instrumental is simply laughable.
He was hardly instrumental in their CL campaign.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
There is one thing I've always liked about him - scoring when it matters, especially in the final minutes. He literally never failed when through on goal or being found in the penalty box. Always passed the ball into the net, very dependable finisher and assistant and a great guy. Sadly, his physicality and defensive fragility coupled with Mourinho's vision will see him out. Good luck.

RetroStu

Ok time to get excited. Story amongst agents is that Mata will not entertain other clubs, seems he's decided Everton is his preferred choice
Its funny reading that Everton forum and some of the stuff they are saying. Its like they think they are Madrid now that they are the laterst Lottery winners.

Red Digger

We should only sell him when we are sure we have someone better to replace him. Wait until January to see how Miki gets on or buy another forward now that we are sure is a better player and sell Mata.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
For 25 mill, it is a good deal. I would rather sell Herrera though.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It's Everton. We need to hold out for more. feck those cnuts. Start the bidding at 25m POUNDS. Anything more is a bonus.

OohAahMartial

RedDevil@84

For the quoted 26M, they can sod off. They value Lukaku at 65M, Stones wont be sold even at 40M and Fellaini at 27M.
Not to forget that PL teams have truck loads of money and the likes of Palace are going for 38M players etc.

rollingstoned1

he could easily contribute to Atletis cause if Simeone decided to buy him, the guy is good enough to play at the highest level even if he hasnt been a great success here.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I think its a big mistake selling Juan and keeping Rooney. Sort of knew this could happen, but im still hoping its the usual paper bollocks.

Boznich

It's so strange going on the Everton message board and seeing their fans on twitter creaming over the possibility of signing him

It makes you realise how big United are when our unwanted players are so saught after
Mata is a very good player when played in his correct position (number 10) and used in the right way don't think they would be so excited about Young, Jones or Rojo

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sure he wasn't... So explain how he won PotY then if he was such a non-entity in helping his club win the biggest trophy in their history.
Didn't he also get the assist on the winning goal for the final :lol:

AkaAkuma

If we came up against him playing for Everton next season would you be worried?

Boznich

They've only got his highlights and goals in mind. They haven't just endured a season of him offering almost zero threat on the right wing.
That might just be that he is not a winger in a million years and Moyes an LVG don't know their arse from their elbows. He is a number 10 that's his position and if we had played him there consistently we would have seen a much better player I'm sure

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Its funny reading that Everton forum and some of the stuff they are saying. Its like they think they are Madrid now that they are the laterst Lottery winners.
Back when there was very feint links in the media between Mourinho and Everton, a lot of them really believed Everton would be a better prospect for Jose than United, PSG or a return to Madrid. Lunacy.

JohnnyLaw

For the most part he did worse when he was given the chance at #10 than he did on the wing. Most often playing there just meant that he was given even less space which just exaggerated his bad tendencies of passing it back or getting wrestled of the ball.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I actually want to know who was Chelsea's best player in their CL and Europa winning seasons according to those who think Mata was average during his time at Chelsea

Revan

Assumptionman
I actually want to know who was Chelsea's best player in their CL and Europa winning seasons according to those who think Mata was average during his time at Chelsea
Drogba in UCL, Mata in Europa League.

Mata was very good in their UCL season though.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think its a big mistake selling Juan and keeping Rooney. Sort of knew this could happen, but im still hoping its the usual paper bollocks.
It is not a mistake at all. They both shouldn't be here. Getting rid of one, we are one step closer to becoming a fluid attacking unit again.

jojose

He’s a nice enough lad and a good player. But he’s a little fanny.

The best way to assess a player is the teams that are interested in buying him, or where he would be guaranteed a game. Everton is about right for Juan Mata. 6 inches taller, 2 stone heavier and a dam sight quicker then you’re looking at a world class player.

He never was a United player though. We were desperate for any kind of spark or touch of class when we signed him and he was the best player available and so at the time (was it just after that Fulham game) so it was maybe seen as a worthwhile gamble. I don’t think he’s let us down, or flopped as such but equally hasn’t been a good signing.

He was never going to be given a central #10 position and all the freedom that comes with that for us. So straight away he was a poor fit as that is what he needs. In the perfect conditions for him I am sure he’d get 20 goals and 20 assists. But you would lose goals and assists and strength in other areas of the team to accommodate that. In essence, the archetypical “luxury player”.

Good luck to him though. I hope he does get the system and freedom he needs where ever he does go.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
It is not a mistake at all. They both shouldn't be here. Getting rid of one, we are one step closer to becoming a fluid attacking unit again.
I get what you mean, i just think we are probably going to have a proper attack next season, and he could benefit from all that movement around him. I know he's been underwhelming, and i doubt we will get rid of both, so having to let one go i'd have picked wayne.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I get what you mean, i just think we are probably going to have a proper attack next season, and he could benefit from all that movement around him. I know he's been underwhelming, and i doubt we will get rid of both, so having to let one go i'd have picked wayne.
Realistically, everyone knows if one had to go.. it should be Wayne, but there is alot of politics going on behind the scenes. Rooney will also be let go, but it will be done gradually. I think he will be benched by November time and we will get alot of interest and issues in the January transfer window.