Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

Nero

He didn't do anything.

A little drag back where he won a foul, and then getting a foot in to divert the ball to Henderson for the offside.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's not had many minutes so far but this boy is special. He's ready to start games for England and should be chosen for the next match.
Not exactly sure who you think he should be starting over, but he's not ready at all to be starting. At 17, the minutes he's getting are completely appropriate and good for him.

simplyared

Not exactly sure who you think he should be starting over, but he's not ready at all to be starting. At 17, the minutes he's getting are completely appropriate and good for him.
Forget he's 17! In his case totally irrelevant. You can play him in any midfield role you want. The boy's a machine! Strong, aggressive and class all in one. I'd have him in the team before both Phillips and Rice any day of the week.

Drizzle

This boy could become one of the best midfielders in the world. An unusually complete skillset, so much energy and drive but with the calmness and technique to back it up. And he's 17 ffs. Imagine what he could be in 5 or 6 years.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This boy could become one of the best midfielders in the world. An unusually complete skillset, so much energy and drive but with the calmness and technique to back it up. And he's 17 ffs. Imagine what he could be in 5 or 6 years.
22 or 23

dabeast

Now that Sancho is agreed, we need a DM. What about a swap deal of Lingard + cash for Bellingham? If Pogba goes, we should definitely try and get him, but can he play as a 6? Seems to have a much higher ceiling than Rice and even Camavinga.

(Will give Garner time to grow into a 6, and give a backup to Pogba for when he actually leaves)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Now that Sancho is agreed, we need a DM. What about a swap deal of Lingard + cash for Bellingham? If Pogba goes, we should definitely try and get him, but can he play as a 6? Seems to have a much higher ceiling than Rice and even Camavinga.

(Will give Garner time to grow into a 6, and give a backup to Pogba for when he actually leaves)
Bellingham isn't a DM

bosskeano

Bellingham just turned 18 two days ago and is about to sign his first pro contract with Dortmund and they'll sign him to 2025 at least

kidbob

He's not the answer now but we surely must be tapping him up to make a move next season or the one after. Give him time to develop because he ain't coming cheap even now. At the very least its good that our interest in him was solid right from when he was leaving Birmingham, hopefully thats a factor when he moves next. For me if we are looking for a young CM this window then Camavinga is the one but that doesn't mean never wanting to sign Jude.

redrobed

He’s looking at his mate Sancho now and wishing he’d shown some ambition and joined us instead of following the money at Dortmund now. Made your bed bro, sleep in it.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He’s looking at his mate Sancho now and wishing he’d shown some ambition and joined us instead of following the money at Dortmund now. Made your bed bro, sleep in it.
Isn’t he going to do the exact same as Sancho, spending a few years getting game time and experience at a good level, and then probably moving back to England for a big fee?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Greedy player don't want, I hope some team like Chelsea or City are forced to sign him.

bosskeano

ummm....what in the literal hell are you talking about?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So in 2023 he'll have 2 years left on his contract like Sancho this year?

It's all part of the plan ;)

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The lad started CL KO matches and national cup finals at the age of 17 and has a starting position pretty much secured at a regular CL club and challenger for national trophies as long as his form does not plummet.

The guy has made a bed, 99% of top talents would kill for to sleep in.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Not a chance Bellingham would be leaving Dortmund within next 2 years. He just choose to go there not long ago to gain more first team football for his development, I doubt he would want to go so soon, Dortmund wouldn’t sell him until his stock is at its highest some years later. Maybe 80m+ move in 3-4 years.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel like we are hesitant to give respect to English players playing in the PL - English players playing abroad in other leagues are loved a totally different level.

Judas

Open to offers
I feel like we are hesitant to give respect to English players playing in the PL - English players playing abroad in other leagues are loved a totally different level.
I don't think this is true at all. There's very few playing aboard that are spoken about really, and the ones that are its because they're really good. The stuff this lad is doing at his age, after playing in the Championship is insane. He deserves every little bit of praise he gets.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Not a chance Bellingham would be leaving Dortmund within next 2 years. He just choose to go there not long ago to gain more first team football for his development, I doubt he would want to go so soon, Dortmund wouldn’t sell him until his stock is at its highest some years later. Maybe 80m+ move in 3-4 years.
Which makes sense imo. He can move to a top club in 3-4 years, by when he'll be only 22 years of age.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t think you’ve made a single good post.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think Mejbri has at least as much potential. Less dynamic and all round but far more gifted on the ball. Let's continue developing our own, there is so much amazing talent in the academy.

Shame that Big Willy was injured for example this season, if fit wouldnt be surprised if he got moved to the under-23.

RU Devil

I think Mejbri has at least as much potential. Less dynamic and all round but far more gifted on the ball. Let's continue developing our own, there is so much amazing talent in the academy.

Shame that Big Willy was injured for example this season, if fit wouldnt be surprised if he got moved to the under-23.
If true, maybe it's time he was sent to a German finishing school instead of wasting time in the reserves or even a Championship loan. Would be nice to develop a good relationship with an established Bundesliga club who are willing to blood youngsters, instead of haggling with BvB when they are finished products. Figure it's a better experience than the Championship where there is so much pressure to get to the PL so maybe less likely to get PT.

I am starting to appreciate the ecosystem of City & Red Bull, wherein they can develop players that can eventually contribute to the big club. They can loan their players to one of their teams in a smaller league and know they'll get PT & development, instead of languishing on the bench. Imagine if we could get a club like Hoffenheim to loan our better prospects with the knowledge they'll get Bundesliga experience.

Concerning Bellingham, shame we didn't get him the first time around, but he probably made the best decision for himself. Doubt he'd get as much game time as he's had last season in the Bundesliga in 2 or more seasons with us.