g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
maybe I'm reading this one wrong, but I think it means "Birmingham want more than BVB want to pay" than "BVB can't afford it".
The issue seems to be compensation which is around £30m plus. There is no negotiations to be had with Birmingham because the player hasn't signed a pro deal with the club. Birmingham are gonna get their set compensation fee whether he goes to BVB or United.

croadyman

Has he though. I think we will get him actually. Exciting.
Know they aren't the most reliable source but saw MEN saying that Ole wants to bring in a winger, centre midfielder and playmaker, so maybe that's

Winger - Sancho
CM - Bellingham
Playmaker - Grealish/Van Der Beek

Infestissumam

The issue seems to be compensation which is around £30m plus. There is no negotiations to be had with Birmingham because the player hasn't signed a pro deal with the club. Birmingham are gonna get their set compensation fee whether he goes to BVB or United.
are you sure about that? I thought foreign clubs can get those players for a lower compensation fee than other English clubs.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
are you sure about that? I thought foreign clubs can get those players for a lower compensation fee than other English clubs.
I'm going off what Birmingham based Journo Neil Moxley reported. And he said that Birmingham have got all bases covered regards a healthy compensation fee and are relaxed about his next destination. Compensation includes £1m for every game he's played in the first team for the West Midlands club. And there will be further compensation that will have to be agreed regards development cost.

Infestissumam

I'm going off what Birmingham based Journo Neil Moxley reported. And he said that Birmingham have got all bases covered regards a healthy compensation fee and are relaxed about his next destination. Compensation includes £1m for every game he's played in the first team for the West Midlands club. And there will be further compensation that will have to be agreed regards development cost.
cheers mate, must have missed this. Good for them then, I actually felt a bit bad for them because I thought they'd miss out on a lot of money if Dortmund got him.

Bondi77

Paying big money for a young talent I thought was alien to Dortmund,
I thought their style was to get on the cheap and sell for big money.

kirk buttercup

This makes sense to me to get this done ( fingers crossed ) . I can see him , Sancho and one of Either VdB or Grealish Signing . And if that does happen we are in very good shape with plenty of options for next season.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
30/40 million for him?

feck that
I think we’ve offered Birmingham a fee instead of the compensation? It would explain why Dortmund were supposedly offering higher wages than us as they assumed they could get him cheaper. Total guesswork on my part though

I reeeeally hope we can sign this guy. If we are still interested at those prices and at that age he must be in the absolute top bracket potential wise. Hopefully another brilliant signing by ole and co.

Sancho, Bellingham, VDB would be a super window quality wise.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can’t see anybody paying 30 million for a kid who hasn’t kicked a ball outside the championship.
I think we'll pay it. James Ducker earlier this year reported we were even willing to go up to £50m for the player. United seem to be sold on the players potential and I think we'll structure a payment plan with Birmingham if the situation advances to such a stage.

Last edited:

roseguy64

Don't think we'd be paying 30m upfront. Probably 15-20 guaranteed with a further amount based on what he/Man Utd does regarding achievements.

Tarrou

feck him off if it's the case he chose BVB after we rolled out the red carpet, had his chance.
This attitude makes no sense, he's 16 years old

It's no crime to chose Dortmund for the betterment of his career, in fact it seems pretty sensible and indicative of the right mentality

SATA

I wouldn’t want him if he actually chooses Dortmund ahead of us and he can’t go there because they can’t afford his transfer fee. Yes i am the petty sort that we are a second choice. I hope he stays at Birmingham

prateik

Maybe Dortmund thought they could get a freebie and if he turns out to be decent, they could sell him for a lot with the English tax and the premier league clubs having the money..

A significant transfer fee might make it a less appealing punt.

croadyman

This makes sense to me to get this done ( fingers crossed ) . I can see him , Sancho and one of Either VdB or Grealish Signing . And if that does happen we are in very good shape with plenty of options for next season.
My gut feeling is that there is something in what Ducker is saying about targets very much dependent on Pogba future.

There is still a chance we could possibly move for Grealish if Villa get relegated though.

Marcus

Even his highlights reel doesn't show extraordinary talent. Guess it is for those who have seen him play full matches to say whether he is worth the money given his age and inexperience.

In Rainbows

Even his highlights reel doesn't show extraordinary talent. Guess it is for those who have seen him play full matches to say whether he is worth the money given his age and inexperience.
I haven't seen many matches of his, but the handful I've seen he stood out in the England u16-17 sides that feature Bayern's Musiala (formerly Chelsea), Liverpool's Elliot, Barca's Barry, etc...

The highlights make him look like he's an all action high energy midfielder and I just don't see that when I watched those matches.

theklr

maybe I'm reading this one wrong, but I think it means "Birmingham want more than BVB want to pay" than "BVB can't afford it".
Might have something to do with the fiscal year ending 29th/30th of June also it seems.
Come 1st of July, I guess they can spend more again.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Buying young players is risky business, especially for clubs like Dortmund. United can take the option while Dortmund can't. 30m for 16 year old is crazy money

crossy1686

career ending
Buying young players is risky business, especially for clubs like Dortmund. United can take the option while Dortmund can't. 30m for 16 year old is crazy money
People keep saying £30m is silly money but everyone that's seen this kid play is saying he's the real deal, and I trust their judgment. Would you have turned down Rooney at 16 for £30m too?

If we get one good season out of Bellingham, just one, he's repaid his transfer fee.

RUCK4444

Agree. Usually I’m one of the ones saying ‘ah just spend what it takes” but this is a risk, he has no experience of PL football and is still kid.

I think the club are putting two and two together with his talent and physical size and they are confident he will transition fine into PL football, I hope they are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.