Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

The Firestarter

If England had an adequate coach they would actually might have had a chance at the Euros with him and Kane in the squad.

TsuWave

Stop that. Pogba was stuck playing in front if the defense :lol: by our pedestrian tactics. Bellingham has been given a free roaming role. Something Pogba was never afforded at United :lol:.

i guarantee you if Pogba had gone to Madrid he'd have a way better club career than he ended having. Coming to united was a mistake on his part
These people are so insane. Pogba was supposed to be Yaya Toure, Makelele and Lampard in one. Play double pivot whilst getting the numbers Jude is. It's comical.

United has been a shit club for so long - it's a graveyard. if Jude had come here he'd probably be Mctominay status by now.

They need to just get over Pogba

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
What a player. I wonder where does he stand as comparing to the best English midfielders in the past: Charlton, Gascoigne, Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard.
Bit early to go with comparing him to other much decorated players, not just talented.

But all the signs are here that he's not just talent but hard work footballer who's unbeliavable intelligent in his play at such young age, so few years down the line and we'll see where he stands :D

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
World class player.

Sky is the limit for him if injuries don't get in his way.

AFC NimbleThumb

I think it was more that his parents/team weren't idiots and could evaluate the level of coaching/development he'd get here. If we'd spent some of the numerous wasted transfer funds back in the mid 2010s on ramping up the facilities, a top-tier DOF and a head coach specializing in coaching an intense, quick passing style ( say, a Bielsa), even if we weren't beating City to the title every season, we'd be fighting the scousers for title of genuine contenders to them And we' be signing the likes of Bellingham, as well as numerous other, low-cost available players with suitable physical and technical profiles, to help with that. And that's with the anchor of the Glazer debt and absence of additional owner investment.
Oh I agree, but he came to Carrington. He was that big a talent you don’t let him leave.

Him & his reps have plotted his career perfectly, but [& I’ve said this before on here it’s not a case of him doing it at Madrid] you don’t let a talent like that go. We should have moved heaven & earth for that boy.

By all reports we didn’t even offer him regular first team football. . .

He was never going to go to Utd.

The draw for young English talent like him just isn't there anymore.
As above.

We got the chance to talk, our direct rival for his signature was Dortmund who’ve a great track record with young talent but are fecking Dortmund. You do everything to sign the boy, it all felt like we just accepted it & thought ‘ah well we’ll just buy him in a few years. . .’.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Both Pogba and Zidane comparisions are ridiculous. Are people even watching Bellingham for Real Madrid, or have they watched those players?

Pogba was never a good goalscorer or anywhere near versatile as Bellingham, and Zidane was never goalscorer full stop.

Also, there is a good reason Real Madrid didn't go for Pogba when they could - couple of times. It's clearly because they didn't buy the hype as our board and lots of our fans have. He was always very overrated.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I put a tenner on a Bellingham brace and turned it off early in the 2nd half since that average pace merchant was nowhere to be seen.

Imagine my surprise at the headline after the game.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Oh I agree, but he came to Carrington. He was that big a talent you don’t let him leave.

Him & his reps have plotted his career perfectly, but [& I’ve said this before on here it’s not a case of him doing it at Madrid] you don’t let a talent like that go. We should have moved heaven & earth for that boy.

By all reports we didn’t even offer him regular first team football. . .

As above.

We got the chance to talk, our direct rival for his signature was Dortmund who’ve a great track record with young talent but are fecking Dortmund. You do everything to sign the boy, it all felt like we just accepted it & thought ‘ah well we’ll just buy him in a few years. . .’.
The boy and his team didn't fancy Utd at the time. How can you "not let him leave"? Do u think offer him even more money and promise him 1st team football right away will make a difference after his team already saw the success of Haaland and Sancho in BVB?

Castia

Ridiculous player

20 years old walking into Madrid and becoming one of their best players this soon is crazy

I know it’s all ‘what if’ but to be close to signing Jude and Haaland….how things could have been so much different

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
i guarantee you if Pogba had gone to Madrid he'd have a way better club career than he ended having. Coming to united was a mistake on his part
I don't think never rated him that much and his attitude and lack of professionalism would have been a big problem. Besides now is a better stage for younger players like Bellingham to break into the team with our senior players being at the brink of retirement.

GlasgowCeltic

credit to Ancelotti who’s got his position spot on high up the pitch rather than as an 8

Last edited:

HackeyC

Both Pogba and Zidane comparisions are ridiculous. Are people even watching Bellingham for Real Madrid, or have they watched those players?

Pogba was never a good goalscorer or anywhere near versatile as Bellingham, and Zidane was never goalscorer full stop.

Also, there is a good reason Real Madrid didn't go for Pogba when they could - couple of times. It's clearly because they didn't buy the hype as our board and lots of our fans have. He was always very overrated.
Zidane scored a lot for a central playmaker in La Liga.

macheda14

I mean they were very close, we just outbid them, we paid a crazy fee but the were still willing to pay a very very high fee. Zidane personally led the charge. Pogba even says he snubbed them to come to us. They fully went for him.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Is he the best player in the world right now?

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
Going to be great for the national team for many years fingers crossed. Could actually drag us to a cup.

MrEleson

I mean they were very close, we just outbid them, we paid a crazy fee but the were still willing to pay a very very high fee. Zidane personally led the charge. Pogba even says he snubbed them to come to us. They fully went for him.
Real Madrid’s midfield was packed in 2016. Probably almost as stacked as it is now. Can’t imagine how Pogba would have fit into that side. He would have been superfluous.

I was always of the impression that Zidane liked him but the board weren’t convinced by him so didn’t go out of their way to get him.

Moriarty

Bit early to go with comparing him to other much decorated players, not just talented.
Not so much comparing like for like, but comparing style of play.
If memory serves, Raiola said at the time that Pogba would be at United for 3 years then it was off to Madrid. That was the plan, such as it was.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If Real Madrid wanted him, we would never get him, it's that simple. Even when he was free agent two years ago they didn't want him even their midfield was getting weak.

Canagel

Is he the best player in the world right now?
No, Mbappe is.

Even today he was poor but walked away with two goals. In terms of actual midfield play (duels won, chances created, take ons etc..)his stats are nothing special. But he has a Ronaldo esque instinct in the box that you cant teach to normal players. That is why he is scoring frequently but that doesn't make you the best player in the world.

AFC NimbleThumb

The boy and his team didn't fancy Utd at the time. How can you "not let him leave"? Do u think offer him even more money and promise him 1st team football right away will make a difference after his team already saw the success of Haaland and Sancho in BVB?
Bellingham whilst at Birmingham met with United & Dortmund, if he ‘didn’t fancy Utd at the time’ in their entirety he wouldn’t have met with them.

Once you get the opportunity to talk you make the promises required to turn the players head, which you know happens every transfer window, see Mudryk-Arsenal-Chelsea for example.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He is real GOAT material, no doubt whatsoever about it. And at Real he will win many Ballon d'Ors guaranteed. It's a pleasure to watch him, even though he is not our player. Hope England gets rid of Southgate so Jude can win a World Cup and couple Euros with the national team

GlasgowCeltic

He is real GOAT material, no doubt whatsoever about it. And at Real he will win many Ballon d'Ors guaranteed. It's a pleasure to watch him, even though he is not our player. Hope England gets rid of Southgate so Jude can win a World Cup and couple Euros with the national team
don’t think he’ll win any Ballon Dors, dynamic completely changes once Mbappe arrives

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
don’t think he’ll win any Ballon Dors, dynamic completely changes once Mbappe arrives
If he leads Madrid to titles this season he will be top dog there and Mbappe has to prove himself. Real does buy exceptionsl players, but they are not demoting the ones they already have if there is no need to.

TsuWave

still can't believe the world really watched Real buy Camavinga, Tchouameni & Bellingham and did nothing to stop it.

The Avengers initiative should have been activated for feck's sake

macheda14

If Real Madrid wanted him, we would never get him, it's that simple. Even when he was free agent two years ago they didn't want him even their midfield was getting weak.
I mean they came out in that saga and said they didn’t want to match our bid.

Anyway off topic, we may have ruined him if he came here but still such a what if moment about not getting Jude a few summers ago.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
still can't believe the world really watched Real buy Camavinga, Tchouameni & Bellingham and did nothing to stop it.

The Avengers initiative should have been activated for feck's sake
If it wasn't them it would probably be our Premier league rivals. More power to Madrid

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I fancy England strongly for the Euros next year. Can't see beyond them or France.
Well then you've got to try and look a bit further. There's a bunch of other teams that can win it. Just look at the history of the Euros. It's not like the World Cup where it's usual suspects all the time.