g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

Judas

Open to offers
He's made the right decision for his career every step of the way thus far, supposed Utd fans who still bleet on about the business from years ago are little weirdos. Simply looking for a reason to slag the club off.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Bellingham whilst at Birmingham met with United & Dortmund, if he ‘didn’t fancy Utd at the time’ in their entirety he wouldn’t have met with them.

Once you get the opportunity to talk you make the promises required to turn the players head, which you know happens every transfer window, see Mudryk-Arsenal-Chelsea for example.
He did come and listen to United's offer and turned it down. What else could Utd possibly do to convince him? What promises were required back then in your opinion to turn his head? More money? 1st team spot? If u have the chance do it all over again what proposal you can do to convince him his future will be better with Utd than 2 year development with BVB?

RedStarUnited

Both Pogba and Zidane comparisions are ridiculous. Are people even watching Bellingham for Real Madrid, or have they watched those players?

Pogba was never a good goalscorer or anywhere near versatile as Bellingham, and Zidane was never goalscorer full stop.

Also, there is a good reason Real Madrid didn't go for Pogba when they could - couple of times. It's clearly because they didn't buy the hype as our board and lots of our fans have. He was always very overrated.
Timing is everything in football. When Pogba was available for Madrid they had Modric and Kroos in midfield. I doubt Madrid would have paid 100m for a 20 year old midfielder if they had 2 great midfielders in their prime. They would have probably gone for a striker this summer.

KD6-3.7

Let's be honest. If he came here instead of Dortmund we would have completely stalled his development and potentially ruined what he is becoming.

But the way he has settled into Madrid is quite amazing especially at his age.

AFC NimbleThumb

He did come and listen to United's offer and turned it down. What else could Utd possibly do to convince him?
I think you’re attempting to come at it as if I’m saying United had a right to get him which isn’t the case. We had a midfield of McFred & he was [apparently, who knows what to believe] not offered guaranteed minutes ahead of those 2.

Whether it be money or minutes or whatever you want to name United should have made him a Godfather offer as [once again check my post history this isn’t based on his start at Real] the type of player you do that for.

It’s similar to the Haaland fiasco for me. United keep negotiating as if it were 2005. Bellingham not choosing current day united is wholly understandable but if we had that time again you buy him at near enough all costs & shape the rest of your transfers around him.

Mr Smith

Let's be honest. If he came here instead of Dortmund we would have completely stalled his development and potentially ruined what he is becoming.

But the way he has settled into Madrid is quite amazing especially at his age.
I don't know if he would have completely stalled, but we certainly wouldn't be seeing the same output. He is so well set up to be the main man at Madrid with so many world-class midfielders around him, it ensures he doesn't have to do too many things and can focus in being the creative outlet and a source of foals (something England seem to be trying to replicate). With us, I can imagine him being expected to do everything, because the people behind him in particular aren't sufficiently reliable.

Eddy_JukeZ

He is real GOAT material, no doubt whatsoever about it. And at Real he will win many Ballon d'Ors guaranteed. It's a pleasure to watch him, even though he is not our player. Hope England gets rid of Southgate so Jude can win a World Cup and couple Euros with the national team
He is nowhere near GOAT material and this hyperbole needs to end.

Joel Miller

He is real GOAT material, no doubt whatsoever about it. And at Real he will win many Ballon d'Ors guaranteed. It's a pleasure to watch him, even though he is not our player. Hope England gets rid of Southgate so Jude can win a World Cup and couple Euros with the national team
Talk about jumping the gun. He’s got a long way to go to even be as good as R9 at that age never mind Messi.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Talk about jumping the gun. He’s got a long way to go to even be as good as R9 at that age never mind Messi.
I may have made myself unclear: Belingham will never be as good as Messi or R9, but he will very likely be the best footballer of his time and multiple Ballon winner.

Apologies for a liberal use of GOAT, I meant - best player of his era, not - literally best ever. We will not see somebody as good as Messi for a very long time, possibly - never

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
What he's doing is crazy tbh.

I was casually watching the game today and even though he got seemingly shut down for most of the game I was fully expecting him to drag Madrid out of a loss, probably to a win.

The way he did it reminds me of that Prime Cristiano feeling where you just know it's a matter of time he delivers.

Whether he can keep this up for the whole season, or even multiple ones, remains to be seen but the guy has the aura of an all-time great.

MUFCpiffgawd

I don't think never rated him that much and his attitude and lack of professionalism would have been a big problem. Besides now is a better stage for younger players like Bellingham to break into the team with our senior players being at the brink of retirement.
did you not see Pogba on the biggest stage at the world cup with France??

MUFCpiffgawd

Sure. He's also playing better and more effective football than Pogba ever has, which is the point.
Technically do you think Pogba is a better midfielder than Jude? Now seeing how Pogba played for France and Juve, how do you think he would do in a team with superior players like Madrid?
The only time Pogba was given a free role at United was when Ole put him in a midfield three with Matic and Herrera. I can't remember how many he scored/assisted, but he was arguably the best midfielder in the world during that period.

The fact that Pogba got into the world XI when he was at Juventus should say everything about how talented he was. As you said, United had no clue how to utilise him. As a result, his form fluctuated.

Actually, I can guarantee the same would have happened if we somehow managed to buy Bellingham.
they dont wanna hear that .
These people are so insane. Pogba was supposed to be Yaya Toure, Makelele and Lampard in one. Play double pivot whilst getting the numbers Jude is. It's comical.

United has been a shit club for so long - it's a graveyard. if Jude had come here he'd probably be Mctominay status by now.

They need to just get over Pogba
We played him next to McTominay and expected him to be defensive mid/operator of the offense/ and a goal scorer :lol: . And what did we do after he left? Buy Casemiro who is the type of mid Pogba needed his whole time he was here

Sir Erik ten Hag

Buy Casemiro who is the type of mid Pogba needed his whole time he was here
When does this cycle end?
Pogba needs Casemiro to free him up.
Casemiro needs Amrabat to free him up.
Bruno needs ABC to free him up.
The cycle just continues. Nearly all our midfielders need someone else to free them up?

MUFCpiffgawd

When does this cycle end?
Pogba needs Casemiro to free him up.
Casemiro needs Amrabat to free him up.
Bruno needs ABC to free him up.
The cycle just continues. Nearly all our midfielders need someone else to free them up?
Because the midfield is incomplete. Or at least players arent being properly coached on how to play their roles. why doesnt this issue happen, at city, liverpool, arsenal?? Bc they religiously go out and get players. If it dont work they try another player. Those also have good scouting departments too. Something we grossly lack. And Casemiro doesnt need freeing, him and amrabat do the same thing :lol:

but i digress this is a thread about Jude. He's bloody brilliant. What hes doing at Madrid is crazy

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Technically do you think Pogba is a better midfielder than Jude? Now seeing how Pogba played for France and Juve, how do you think he would do in a team with superior players like Madrid?

they dont wanna hear that .

We played him next to McTominay and expected him to be defensive mid/operator of the offense/ and a goal scorer :lol: . And what did we do after he left? Buy Casemiro who is the type of mid Pogba needed his whole time he was here
Somebody having a better touch doesn't make them a better player. Much more important parts of somebodys game are how they apply their talent. Pogba was a quality player, but he is nowhere near as effective as Jude. Defensively not close, energy, end product, mentality... Bellingham is a truly elite player. Pogba never quite got there.

MUFCpiffgawd

Somebody having a better touch doesn't make them a better player. Much more important parts of somebodys game are how they apply their talent. Pogba was a quality player, but he is nowhere near as effective as Jude. Defensively not close, energy, end product, mentality... Bellingham is a truly elite player. Pogba never quite got there.
Ok ok. Im not gonna argue. You obviously made up your mind and thats ok.

Marvin look out

did you not see Pogba on the biggest stage at the world cup with France??
We've seen players shine at the world cup and have forgettable or disappointing careers otherwise. James Rodriguez comes to mind. Club football week in, week out, the CL, 55 games, not 6 or 7, that's where great players show up in modern football.

Also Pogba wasn't one of France's standout players at the world cup. He was decent to good, nothing more. He wasn't in the team of the tournament. I believe his world cup has become overrated over time because people remember his goal in the final, when France were already up 3-1 against a knackered team leaving lots of spaces to come back in the game.

That being said, he was good at Juve and I'm not saying he couldn't have been good at Madrid.

thepolice123

Roy of the rovers stuff from him. A long shot equaliser and a last minute winner.

What a fecking player. :eek:

Telsim

As I have said before, he wouldn't be a tenth of the player he is today had he come here. Going to BVB was the best decision he could make.

Players like him, Haaland, and Mbappe are above our station.

I may have made myself unclear: Belingham will never be as good as Messi or R9, but he will very likely be the best footballer of his time and multiple Ballon winner.

Apologies for a liberal use of GOAT, I meant - best player of his era, not - literally best ever. We will not see somebody as good as Messi for a very long time, possibly - never
Greatest Of All Time.

There’s no possible “liberal use” of it, the saying GOAT literally one has meaning and that is to say he’s material to be better than than Messi, Maradona, Pele, Ronaldo7, Ronaldo9 & anyone else who has ever played the game.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Greatest Of All Time.

There’s no possible “liberal use” of it, the saying GOAT literally one has meaning and that is to say he’s material to be better than than Messi, Maradona, Pele, Ronaldo7, Ronaldo9 & anyone else who has ever played the game.
I'm not a native speaker but "greatest" can be plural, can't it?

Not the first time I've seen the term used like this anyway.

Von Mistelroum

It's such a shame we're not back in the SAF days, but maybe there'll be a bright side? Maybe other top European sides see how well he and Kane are doing and decide to make an offer for Rashford out of blind 'English bias'?

One can dream...

Trequarista10

He's made the right decision for his career every step of the way thus far, supposed Utd fans who still bleet on about the business from years ago are little weirdos. Simply looking for a reason to slag the club off.
Agreed, people act as if we could have signed the likes of Jude and Haaland, ignoring the fact that the player makes the final choice and United were not the best option. Even people talking about Kane this summer, it was evident he was leaving Spurs to win league titles and have a shot at winning the CL, and that's not something moving to United would do for him.

I think what it does show though is the pernicious damage that was caused in the years before. The poor running of the club after SAF and Gill's departure (and arguably, recruitment and the structure of the club was falling behind whilst they were still at the helm) knocked us back so much that it's hard to recover from. If we had been better run after 2012 then in the preceding years we might have been able to sign Jude, Kane, Haaland and others later on.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

At 20 years-old killing it at the most prestigious football club in the world. If the rumours are true and we did tell him (or his representatives) that we couldn't offer him minutes ahead of McFred... don't know whether i should be laughing or crying. Anyway, good day for English players abroad. One decided the El Classico and the other had a hat trick and scored a worldie.

SirMonteyne

During his time at Dortmund, he was reported for toxic behavior and attitude problems. Ancelotti is managing him perfectly. It is crucial for talented players to play under the correct manager at the right time.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I see you've temporarily abandoned the 'doesn't show up in big games' gambit when trying to throw shade on a guy not long out of his teens.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
still can't believe the world really watched Real buy Camavinga, Tchouameni & Bellingham and did nothing to stop it.

The Avengers initiative should have been activated for feck's sake
I think we did try but none of these players are interested in joining us.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
At 20 years-old killing it at the most prestigious football club in the world. If the rumours are true and we did tell him (or his representatives) that we couldn't offer him minutes ahead of McFred... don't know whether i should be laughing or crying. Anyway, good day for English players abroad. One decided the El Classico and the other had a hat trick and scored a worldie.
Mark Goldbridge classic?