carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
He’s doing just fine.

Imagine when that Madrid side matures.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Imagine it's adding more. Endrick is to come. Possibly Mbappe too....with De Paz and Zidane's most talented kid in the midfield pipeline. Not to mention Arda....talk of bringing back the 50s:drool:
I don’t think Mbappé is going to sign a pre-contract, he’s just going to exit PSG, go on holiday, and then turn up at Madrid.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It has been a bit overlapped by the refereeing issue but yesterday he played a superb second half.
Playing in 70 meters, very comfortable and with full freedom in the 3/4, with conduction, passes between lines, finishing and almost scoring a great goal with a bicycle kick.
Maybe he should rest a bit for February, when we will have Girona and Leipzig in three days.
In the Champions League, both now and in the quarter-finals if we go through, I prophesy balond'oresque performances.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It has been a bit overlapped by the refereeing issue but yesterday he played a superb second half.
Playing in 70 meters, very comfortable and with full freedom in the 3/4, with conduction, passes between lines, finishing and almost scoring a great goal with a bicycle kick.
Maybe he should rest a bit for February, when we will have Girona and Leipzig in three days.
In the Champions League, both now and in the quarter-finals if we go through, I prophesy balond'oresque performances.
That's the best highlight reel I've seen from a single game in a very, very long time. That looks like a performance for the ages - is it exaggerated to 'best bits' throughout the 90, or was he playing consistently like that?

His first touch into opening up his body looks world class, and you can see how the opponents even have to wait and see what he'll do next because of how keeps reacting to action and simply turning out in another direction.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That's the best highlight reel I've seen from a single game in a very, very long time. That looks like a performance for the ages - is it exaggerated to 'best bits' throughout the 90, or was he playing consistently like that?

His first touch into opening up his body looks world class, and you can see how the opponents even have to wait and see what he'll do next because of how keeps reacting to action and simply turning out in another direction.
He has been playing with a lot of intensity and with more technical quality than expected all season.
Maybe recently Atlético cancelled him a bit but he was still good. I don't remember a clearly bad game.
Maybe because of his presence everywhere but these highlights were also good.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He has been playing with a lot of intensity and with more technical quality than expected all season.
Maybe recently Atlético cancelled him a bit but he was still good. I don't remember a clearly bad game.
Maybe because of his presence everywhere but these highlights were also good.
It's looking more like his level than a purple patch or golden streak, right?

I don't watch much of Madrid anymore so only pop in from time to time to see how things are going for him, and it looks like he's maintaining the initial form that looked like a glitch in the matrix?

I guess the easiest way to say it is: has he maintained a ballon D'or level of play up to this point in the season? :D

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

I don't watch much of Madrid anymore so only pop in from time to time to see how things are going for him, and it looks like he's maintaining the initial form that looked like a glitch in the matrix?

I guess the easiest way to say it is: has he maintained a ballon D'or level of play up to this point in the season? :D
No doubt, but we know how this works. Without a Champions/Euro semi-finals, or even without winning either of them, it will be very difficult.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
No doubt, but we know how this works. Without a Champions/Euro semi-finals, or even without winning either of them, it will be very difficult.
Yes, true.

He genuinely looks like the kind of player that can actually lead England to something if given the chance to do so in a setup that allows him the freedoms he's getting under Ancelotti.

RoyH1

Yes, true.

He genuinely looks like the kind of player that can actually lead England to something if given the chance to do so in a setup that allows him the freedoms he's getting under Ancelotti.
Will Southgate give him that though?

KeanoMagicHat

Some of his touches and movement remind me of Zidane... but quicker? Exceptional talent.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He's an absolutely incredible player. Can't wait to see Southgate ruin it all by subbing him off on the 62nd minute for Jordan Henderson when we're 1-0 down to France.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Vs Almeria? :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yes?

Messi’s most renowned goal was scored against Getafe; Ronaldo’s most vs Compostela; George Weah’s career defining goal was scored vs Verona.

When all’s said and done, performance against such sides goes in the melting pot with games against sides of great repute, eventually forming a compendium of great goals and performances.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Need to start wrapping him up in cotton wool for the euros.

I feel like we all know what's going to inevitably happen :(

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Using 'hey jude' as his chant is the most creative thing human beings can come up with... NOT!!!

amolbhatia50k

Yes?

Messi’s most renowned goal was scored against Getafe; Ronaldo’s most vs Compostela; George Weah’s career defining goal was scored vs Verona.

When all’s said and done, performance against such sides goes in the melting pot with games against sides of great repute, eventually forming a compendium of great goals and performances.
Most renown goal - very debatebale. Most technically impressive probably. It certainly wasn’t his performance for the ages. Either way i watched Bellingham’s highlights from this game and can’t for the life of me figure out what was a once in awhile display about it -

A good strike for his goal and header into the box.

RoyH1

Most renown goal - very debatebale. Most technically impressive probably. It certainly wasn’t his performance for the ages. Either way i watched Bellingham’s highlights from this game and can’t for the life of me figure out what was a once in awhile display about it -

Look away from the horrible white shirts, close your eyes, and just imagine, try really hard to imagine, one of our own players did that in one game of football. At the age of 20. We'd be raving like lunatics

amolbhatia50k

Look away from the horrible white shirts, close your eyes, and just imagine, try really hard to imagine, one of our own players did that in one game of football. At the age of 20. We'd be raving like lunatics
Garnacho scored an absurd goal at 19 but that’s besides the point.

Look, firstly Real Madrid are not us - they are a superbly run club that have dominated the CL this past decade and have a terrific squad as opposed to our dysfunctional Glazer infected mess. Secondly he’s among the best young players in the world and if he keeps up his level among the best players full stop. So there’s that context too. Finally, I didnt think the post talking about one for the ages was referring to his age as that term tends to transcends such details. I mean, by those highlights it doesnt even seem to be his best performance of this season let alone among the best we’ve seen from young Haaland, Mbappe, Bellingham etc in these past couple of years (a small sample time span)

I get that he’s a quality player but when I hear a term like that I’m expecting something unique. And I think people are going slightly overboard - maybe because his brilliant strides since joining Madrid have taken people by surprise whereas others like Haaland and Mbappe were always expected to produce a certain level. Or maybe he’s just likeable for many.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I mean, by those highlights it doesnt even seem to be his best performance of this season
[...]
And I think people are going slightly overboard
I think the former explains the latter. He isn't hyped because it's one exceptional performance, but because that's just his level this season. Which is truly amazing. In turn people seem to hype up every single performance

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The absurd amount of goals he scored in the first half of the season are a purple patch.
However, the quality of his play isn't. He is this good.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Why not? The best game I ever saw from a single player in a Liverpool shirt was Suarez vs Norwich. It was a great game to watch, regardless of the opposition.

Not everything in football is about beating the best of the best or trophies. For fans of most teams around the world it really just is about match day memories.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

As I said in my first post; it's not a case of one and only. Someone like Messi is one of few players with numerous literal 10/10 games. All of them are performances for the ages. You seem to be associating a single game with a definitive pinnacle rather than yet another to go into a catalogue for some such players.

I said going by the highlight reel @carvajal linked to: a performance for the ages, not the performance for the ages.

As an aside, it's neither goal nor assist that stands out in that reel. In fact, that's some way down the list of considerations. To my eye, that's a player looking like silk playing in a way expectant of an Iniesta or Zidane, neither of whom I tend to mentally associate him with - if this is a thing, and he outputs like that consistently, there's a player for the ages in our midst.

I don't have my finger on any pulse when it comes to La Liga these days, but I would hazard a guess the press are raving about Bellingham and his performance level even over his goals, if this is what he's serving up. He looks incredible.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The absurd amount of goals he scored in the first half of the season are a purple patch.
However, the quality of his play isn't. He is this good.
Can't pretend to have watched a lot of him at Dortmund, but I will say I wasn't sure if he was worth the astronomical price on his head and asked numerous posters what they thought of him, but since going to Spain and being relieved of the burden of having to focus entirely on both sides of the play, he looks like a different beast.

He's taken a leap in development all round, right? Touch and technique more refined and even grown more into his adult body to become more physically impressive?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Need to start wrapping him up in cotton wool for the euros.

I feel like we all know what's going to inevitably happen :(
Carlo is running him into the ground, you’ll get Jude at 20% if lucky :lol: He is playing pretty much everything for the full 90. And unlike Ronaldo, he is a mad man running up and down the pitch all the time. Seen him numerous times sprint back at the 90th minute to stop or slide tackle an opponent and proceed to bombard forward again for a chance at goal. Can’t be sustainable.

SonOfFergie

My god. It looks like Real found a true successor for their previous no. 5 maestro. Majestic player.

amolbhatia50k

As I said in my first post; it's not a case of one and only. Someone like Messi is one of few players with numerous literal 10/10 games. All of them are performances for the ages. You seem to be associating a single game with a definitive pinnacle rather than yet another to go into a catalogue for some such players.

I said going by the highlight reel @carvajal linked to: a performance for the ages, not the performance for the ages.

As an aside, it's neither goal nor assist that stands out in that reel. In fact, that's some way down the list of considerations. To my eye, that's a player looking like silk playing in a way expectant of an Iniesta or Zidane, neither of whom I tend to mentally associate him with - if this is a thing, and he outputs like that consistently, there's a player for the ages in our midst.

I don't have my finger on any pulse when it comes to La Liga these days, but I would hazard a guess the press are raving about Bellingham and his performance level even over his goals, if this is what he's serving up. He looks incredible.
Sorry I just don’t see that based on the highlights I posted. I don’t doubt that he’s an excellent player but those highlights don’t stand out aside from the smart header at the end. I don’t know what was posted earlier as the embedding didn’t work for me but maybe it just showed all the good bits only

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Why not? The best game I ever saw from a single player in a Liverpool shirt was Suarez vs Norwich. It was a great game to watch, regardless of the opposition.

Not everything in football is about beating the best of the best or trophies. For fans of most teams around the world it really just is about match day memories.
Yeah to an extent, it can be the most fun for a fan to see or where they score the most goals or something, but it's true the phrase "a game for the ages" (or whatever it was) does indicate something more impactful or memorable. Great game regardless, it remains a January home game against the lowest team of the league that had 6 points (6 points!!) by that point of the season. I do understand the reaction of incredulity, despite being a huge fan of Jude's and thinking he'll go on to do big things on the biggest of stages.

It's worth noting that it's awesome he can regularly and consistently pull off these types of performances at any stage - one thing I have a bit of an issue with in Zidane's legacy for example is that while he was almost always amazing in big moments, he could be inconsistent throughout an entire season. I think he would have been under a lot more scrutiny in modern day football with the massive importance of social media and stats.

thisisnottaken1

He’s such a great player already at the age of only 20, imagine how good he’ll be at his peak. Definitely a future Ballon d’Or contender

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's an absolutely incredible player. Can't wait to see Southgate ruin it all by subbing him off on the 62nd minute for Jordan Henderson when we're 1-0 down to France.
Not even Southgate can keep Bellingham from making a huge impact for us... surely?!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Sorry I just don’t see that based on the highlights I posted. I don’t doubt that he’s an excellent player but those highlights don’t stand out aside from the smart header at the end. I don’t know what was posted earlier as the embedding didn’t work for me but maybe it just showed all the good bits only
I wasn't trying to convince you otherwise and the assertion was to my eye - if that's his norm, I expect him to be an all-timer when he's done and one of only a handful I've seen with the potential to become England's greatest player.

I didn't see the full game, nor even the half in question, but if that's a snapshot of his output, that's a player operating on a different level, one I'd say it's only a matter of time before individual awards start rolling in.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
His scoring has obviously been out of this world but what impresses me the most is how much he has matured in such a short period of time. At Dortmund, he could be very erratic. Pressing headlessly, dribbling in dangerous areas without cover and producing dangerous turnovers for the opponent, missing the right moment for the pass after dribbler one or multiple opponents, a tendency towards playing hero ball, you name it. But for Madrid, his decision making and technique is so clean. He rarely loses possession, recycles the ball well but on top of that still is a great threat for the opponent's and finds his team mates with through balls regularly.