Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Due to Greenwood’s life choices, he’s going to have to deal with much worse than that for the rest of his career.

If he ever comes back to the Prem, he’ll get it weekly.
as will our non-consenting women.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm not one to engage in lip reading, but Getafe demanding it be filed in the match report leaves little room for interpretation. About as little room as the audio and pictures that caused Bellingham to say that.

Bellingham already had my respect as a footballer, but now he has it as a person, too. Good bloke.
Tbf, Getafe (the manager) also claimed it was Jude who told Greenwood to join Getafe. And then had to retract that. Wouldn’t put that much stock into what they say.

tomaldinho1

Tbf, Getafe (the manager) also claimed it was Jude who told Greenwood to join Getafe. And then had to retract that. Wouldn’t put that much stock into what they say.
'Join Getafe, then I can call you a r*pist to your face'

bosskeano

i could understand a spanish player or for that matter any player other than an english teammate from the national team saying something like that to him

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
I’m pretty sure that poster was being intentionally hyperbolic though. It’s a bit strange to be wound up by that. Also, wasn’t it an Arsenal fan that posted that?
Yes, it was hyperbole. Henry and Rosicky are still my all time favourite players. That said, good on Jude for calling a spade a spade.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
i could understand a spanish player or for that matter any player other than an english teammate from the national team saying something like that to him
Considering this I don't really think Bellingham wants Greenwood to be his teammate. Also quite on the contrary I expect Bellingham to be more informed/interested in the case exactly because he is English as well, while I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Spanish/other non English players are not that involved in the whole Greenwood topic.

RVN1991

Quality control
All the Greenwood fan boys in tears :lol:

Who knew domestic violence apologists could be such soft little pricks.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Whether Bellingham said it or not, this is a taster of what it would be like if he came back to United. Hopefully for those that wanted him back this changes their views. Even if he isn't guilty (I think he is btw) the opposition fans, players and more than half of us will assume he is.
How did it affect Greenwood in the game?

micmac

Normal behaviour at any level of the sport, attack the opponents vulnerabilities. I’d say any topic but your children is fair game on the field.

Most players have the sense to cover their mouths though.
Right? People say much worst on the field :lol:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Apparently La Liga investigating this now? So racist abuse is okay but they draw the line at rapist abuse. Weird league.

Gandalf

They employ lip readers all the time to verify things, particularly with racism. The Terry case they used independent lip reading experts to verify what he said.

Think any racism case that comes up they bring them in as it's rarely caught. This obviously is not a racism case but you said 'it's just lip reading' but that doesn't mean he can't be punished (if indeed it is even punishable which I doubt it is). My point was if Bellingham has just said 'r*pist' maybe it could be punishable given he was never convicted.
Will be hilarious when Mason and Getafe drag Jude before the La Liga disciplinary committee and they say "ok Mr. Greenwood, can we hear the full unedited audio that Mr. Bellingham is referring to?"

RoyH1

Will be hilarious when Mason and Getafe drag Jude before the La Liga disciplinary committee and they say "ok Mr. Greenwood, can we hear the full unedited audio that Mr. Bellingham is referring to?"
Not gonna happen. La Liga only cares about the on the pitch stuff and Tebas will love to put one ahead of Florentino Pérez considering Madrid keeps on beating him with the vulture fund deal he negotiated on behalf of the clubs. If he did say it, they'll suspend him for a couple of games (Atletico and Girona coming up too) and half of Spain will love him for it.

Gandalf

Not gonna happen. La Liga only cares about the on the pitch stuff and Tebas will love to put one ahead of Florentino Pérez considering Madrid keeps on beating him with the vulture fund deal he negotiated on behalf of the clubs. If he did say it, they'll suspend him for a couple of games (Atletico and Girona coming up too) and half of Spain will love him for it.
Well if Mason is protesting the remark isn't there some onus on him to show that it is not true? As others have already pointed out far worse gets said between players every match in the name of trash talk and yet this has struck a nerve. Personally if I was Jude I would say save your money on the lip readers and own it proudly.

lsd

The Oracle
An online lip reader could only confirm the word began with R third letter was certainly p and ended in ist so the word could have been anything really.

We will never know for sure

Bebe

Well if Mason is protesting the remark isn't there some onus on him to show that it is not true? As others have already pointed out far worse gets said between players every match in the name of trash talk and yet this has struck a nerve. Personally if I was Jude I would say save your money on the lip readers and own it proudly.
Doubtful. The inquiry would presumably be regarding whether what Bellingham said violates a rule about conduct between players. For example If he yelled "small cock" at Greenwood and that turned out to be a true claim, it wouldn't impact whether it's appropriate to say on the pitch.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If only Rashford knew all it would take was to mouth something akin to "rapist" and all would be forgiven....

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
If only Rashford knew all it would take was to mouth something akin to "rapist" and all would be forgiven....
The hero worship over this is seriously weird. And I say that as someone who absolutely believes Greenwood did it. fecks sake what's next, we going to zoom in on some fan shouting rapist in the stands and carry him shoulder high?

RedStarUnited

Can anyone who watched the match tell why Bellingham said it in that moment? Seems weird to me. He tackles Greenwood then cusses him? It wasn't even a crunching tackle or anything heated like that. Did they have other bad moments before this?

lsd

The Oracle
The hero worship over this is seriously weird. And I say that as someone who absolutely believes Greenwood did it. fecks sake what's next, we going to zoom in on some fan shouting rapist in the stands and carry him shoulder high?

Sounds fair to me. What doesn't seem fair is Bellingham could get a ten game ban for telling the truth about a guy who shouldn't be allowed on the pitch