Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

Pickle85

In a thread about Jude Bellingham's as a player at Real Madrid, debating on the merits and morality of whether he did or did not call M.G a 'S.Aist' or not and whether M.G. is or not is of zero relevance. There is a whole thread dedicated to the topic of the M.G question and the morality surrounding it.
It's clearly not of zero relevance though, is it, as it relates to an action he took during a match he was playing for Real Madrid. Threads go slightly off topic all the time but given your input into the Greenwood thread it's no surprise that this is the occasion you take exception to.

JediSith

None event. Players, other than racial or grave family things, can say stuff to try and get under rival players skin.

Both are top quality players. Bellingham really should be in the prem. Maybe joining RM and not City/Pool sets the path for him joining us in a few years if/when we get to the stage where we can start signing elite players in their prime.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
I really wish people could wait for the authorities on this. I mean, talk about trail by social media, calling Bellingham an insultist. We've only seen a small part of the clip and the authorities will have access to a longer recording of the alleged incident.

Until we have all the information, I don't think it's fair to say that Bellingham is guilty of calling Greenwood a rapist, so I'm just going to say that I don't know. I'll probably never know, so if the club carry on playing him, I'll support the clubs decision.

Basically, if you can't prove Bellingham is a insultist, you really should only be able to say alleged insultist, if anything at all, until it's proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he is an actual insultist. I don't care if he attempted to insult or threatened to insult, those aren't real crimes anyway, so can we just go back to talking about his football please?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
It's clearly not of zero relevance though, is it, as it relates to an action he took during a match he was playing for Real Madrid. Threads go slightly off topic all the time but given your input into the Greenwood thread it's no surprise that this is the occasion you take exception to.
mate You are mixing apples with baboons and pretending they are the same genus. I havent " taken exception" to a thing. I simply don't see why M.G matters (his guilt, its moral significance etc) are being debated in a thread about Bellingham let alone their relevance to it.

I honestly have no horse in the race to figure out whether Bellingham allegedly said what he is alleged to have said nor whether its right/not. For I come from the school of thought that on a football pitch "all is fair in love and war". For I've seen people called worse things and have worse abuse thrown at them than being labelled a criminal, just to get them riled up and off kilter so that they can lose focus on a football pitch.

My only take on the matter is Bellingham is clearly being schooled in the dark arts well. Not a bad weapon to have as a football.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This is not a big thing at all in Spain btw. There's not even the risk of bellingham getting a suspension

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Also in his case it wasn't a matter of lack of proof, his partner decided to stop pursuing the case and stay with him anyways. Which is horrifying, but not surprising or uncommon, unfortunately
Everyone that has seen the images and hear the recordings had already made a conclusion on their mind, regardless of what was the outcome of the case. Then I think this shouldn't be a big issue, a player calling another player something in the middle of a match, it happens all the time. So Getafe filing a complaint is such a silly move on their behalf and is going to have the opposite effect as I can imagine more players and opposition fans will double down on calling him like that.

Bright_Eyes

An online lip reader could only confirm the word began with R third letter was certainly p and ended in ist so the word could have been anything really.

We will never know for sure
Rapturist
  1. - An enthusiast.
Bellingham just said that he's an enthusiast. That's all. An enthusiast for raping.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Presumably the authorities will take action against Bellingham, shouldnt be saying things like that on a football pitch.

I can understand why he said it but still, he should be more intelligent than that, he must have gone out ready with it before kick off. Poor form.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
If Valverde got away with punching a guy in a parking lot, I'm guessing nothing will come of this.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I really wish people could wait for the authorities on this. I mean, talk about trail by social media, calling Bellingham an insultist. We've only seen a small part of the clip and the authorities will have access to a longer recording of the alleged incident.

Until we have all the information, I don't think it's fair to say that Bellingham is guilty of calling Greenwood a rapist, so I'm just going to say that I don't know. I'll probably never know, so if the club carry on playing him, I'll support the clubs decision.

Basically, if you can't prove Bellingham is a insultist, you really should only be able to say alleged insultist, if anything at all, until it's proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he is an actual insultist. I don't care if he attempted to insult or threatened to insult, those aren't real crimes anyway, so can we just go back to talking about his football please?
Genius :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Presumably the authorities will take action against Bellingham, shouldnt be saying things like that on a football pitch.

I can understand why he said it but still, he should be more intelligent than that, he must have gone out ready with it before kick off. Poor form.
"using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s)" is a red card offense by the letter of the law. If they used lip readers to go back and punish every player, I reckon about 75% of players in every game would be banned.

John Terry's ban (for saying "black cnut") came under the "abusive language" category so a ban after the even has been done before.

Last edited:

Bright_Eyes

A*, take a bow

quiet_united

Vietnamese Red
If Real Madrid plays in the Super League next season, would he want to miss out on the CL?

M Bison

Supports
York City
"using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s)" is a red card offense by the letter of the law. If they used lip readers to go back and punish every player, I reckon about 75% of players in every game would be banned.

John Terry's ban (for saying "black cnut") came under the "abusive language" category so a ban after the even has been done before.
Makes sense, he should be banned then.

Skills

Snitch
Ancelotti really is incredible at getting the best out of his players. So many great players have had their best seasons under him, when he's just seemingly taken the shackles off them.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Ancelotti really is incredible at getting the best out of his players. So many great players have had their best seasons under him, when he's just seemingly taken the shackles off them.
Actually think this is Ancelotti's peak.

Seems to be finally mastering the art of league consistency.

The Urban Goose

Nah, La Liga is pretty weak this season. For Madrid this is like the Scottish league for Celtic after Rangers had been relegated.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

I wouldn't go that far, we were pretty inconsistent last season in the league, and this season Barca and Atletico are below par.

Has done well with the injury crisis at the back though.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Nah, La Liga is pretty weak this season. For Madrid this is like the Scottish league for Celtic after Rangers had been relegated.
I wouldn't go that far, we were pretty inconsistent last season in the league, and this season Barca and Atletico are below par.

Has done well with the injury crisis at the back though.
Maybe but often in the past he didn't take advantage of things falling into place like this. Infact losing the league to Girona I would have said would have been something typical he'd have done 10 years ago.

With us he made the 2010 title look a lot harder than it should have been (given United lost 2 of their best 3 attacking players without properly replacing them) then the following season lost the league to probably Fergie's weakest post 92 United side where Rooney took half the season to score from open play.

Lost it at PSG, was looking likely to at Bayern, 1 in 6 with that Milan side (I say 6 as they were on the decline his last two season's and had little chance especially against peak Jose in 09) etc..

I wonder if Sir Alex would've had a similar career had he left United in the early 2000s and gone around Europe
Would have been interesting. Would have probably had to adapt his management style a bit (if anyone could have he could have) as he'd have likely not been given the sheer amount of control he got at United and wouldn't have had a large bulk of a squad who owed their careers to him.

I wonder if he would have got itchy feet and given it a go had he 'retired' in the early 00s.

RedStarUnited

Did he ever play as a striker in his under 16 teams? If not then the transition into one has been incredible.

I fear he wont be utilised properly for England. He should play ahead of two other midfielders and as close to Kane as possible.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Theonas

Scout
Maybe but often in the past he didn't take advantage of things falling into place like this. Infact losing the league to Girona I would have said would have been something typical he'd have done 10 years ago.

With us he made the 2010 title look a lot harder than it should have been (given United lost 2 of their best 3 attacking players without properly replacing them) then the following season lost the league to probably Fergie's weakest post 92 United side where Rooney took half the season to score from open play.

Lost it at PSG, was looking likely to at Bayern, 1 in 6 with that Milan side (I say 6 as they were on the decline his last two season's and had little chance especially against peak Jose in 09) etc.
All accueate points but makes me think if it's him mastering the art of league consistency or if it's the fact that he's coaching for what seems like the first time a team whose main players are really young as opposed to the veterans he usually coaches?

Ancelotti is in the mould of Zidane or Del Bosque. He is obviously tactically as good as they come and his success has come largely from knowing how to gently steer a ship of players who are used to winning and have done it many times before. He provides that calmness and is like a father figure to these players. At Milan, he had the likes of Maldini, Cafu, Stam, Nesta, Seedorf and Pirlo. He goes to Chelsea and takes a team that was pretty much set on their ways with Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba actually preferring someone who doesn't interfere too much with how they play. He goes on to a Bayern that was programmed how to play under Pep and had seasoned professionals who won it all. Same at Real in 2014 who won the CL under him after they went to war with Mourinho with few of them winning the WC.

This Real is different. Their makeup is young and hungry players who have won before but they still don't have the status and are not set on their way of playing except of course Kroos, Modric and Carvajal. I think it's hard to achieve league consistency with the kind of squads he usually had. Chelsea after 2005 really struggled with that with or without Ancelotti as did Real when you consider the fact they won more CLs than league titles in the past decade. It's like what they lack in the hunger required to perform every week as well as the tactical foundation to fall back on, their inherent quality and knowhow can take care of the big CL games. This Real seems hungry enough and also maybe a better environment for him to flex his finer tactical details to build a more regimented tactical setup. Both elements that are needed to achieve league consistency.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Injured. Will be out for two or three weeks due to a sprain. Of course, he misses the Leipzig game in CL.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah if you guys could start wrapping him up in cotton wool that would be great thanks.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Injured. Will be out for two or three weeks due to a sprain. Of course, he misses the Leipzig game in CL.
Well, that sucks.

Hopefully the team will manage…barring any other injuries. Guess he gets some much needed rest.