Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Wasn't Delle Alli hyped the same way Bellingham is now? Look how that turned out. ;)
I feel like this is trolling. Some people hyped JLingz for a while. Please, have some decency!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He would replace Henderson very well as the loud mouth cnut on their team.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
First time really paying attention to him and he would fit right into La Liga….loves to complain and ask for cards :lol:

Haven’t seen a lot of him but from what I’ve seen…decent. Doesn’t look anything special by the games I’ve seen but could be wrong.

Josh 76

I thought he was bit cagey at the start, but the second half he was the best player on the pitch, winning the ball, progressing it. involved in pretty much everything good England did. Also shout out to Kyle Walker for doing the best job so far on Mbappe.
Every time Mbappe got the ball, he had Walker on toast. Problem was he never got the ball that often.

Lecland07

Every time Mbappe got the ball, he had Walker on toast. Problem was he never got the ball that often.
Isn't that because Walker didn't allow him to get the ball? So, he is right - Walker did well against him.

Mr PG

My point was Barcelona have Pedri, Gavi and Fati in their squad. They probably have another 3 or 4 players like that in their youth team. They are all in the same league as Bellingham.

Bellingham is a good young player, but all this talk of 150m is a joke. I hope he does got to the scousers for that much.
I agree. I personally don’t think he’s that good. He gets overrated due to his age but he’s fully physically developed.

Bondi77

Just saw his post England interview.
He seems very mature for his age and speaks well.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I thought he was disappointing against France. But would it be enough if can bully lesser teams that we seem to struggle against? Maybe...

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Mental some of the posts on here.

This kid has the potential to be world class and I don’t see any reason apart from injuries stopping him.

If we have any chance to sign him we should be all over it.

Otherwise he will be another one that got away, like Haaland.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Mental some of the posts on here.

This kid has the potential to be world class and I don’t see any reason apart from injuries stopping him.

If we have any chance to sign him we should be all over it.

Otherwise he will be another one that got away, like Haaland.
he's never going to be as influential as Halaand, but I don't necessarily disagree with trying to sign him

90 + 5min

First time really paying attention to him and he would fit right into La Liga….loves to complain and ask for cards :lol:

Haven’t seen a lot of him but from what I’ve seen…decent. Doesn’t look anything special by the games I’ve seen but could be wrong.
I have watched him for a while and he is overrated by miles.

He is big talent. Everybody can see that. But being talent and being great player are two different things. He should not be starting international games yet. He is still young, lacks defensive dicipline and is all over the place. He will be good but let it take time it needs to take. To loud him like he is already top class player is fascinating and wrong in so many ways.

Last edited:

Giggsyking

Not impressed at all. For the whole tournament he managed to show moments but nothing more.

Judas

Open to offers
I am staggered by people not being impressed by him. He's still so young, his potential is scary. I say scary, because chances are he ends up at one of our rivals.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He would replace Henderson very well as the loud mouth cnut on their team.
He’ll be so annoying to watch week in week out in the PL with his moaning to the ref

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Rice would be a great defensive midfielder for any top side, but not us. As we have casemiro. Bellingham is a very good midfielder but if we are talking about the best england midfielder its phil foden by a long distance.
Can Foden be considered a midfielder at this point? For City he very clearly slotted into Sane's old role, and his best games with england were also in that role
I thought he was bit cagey at the start, but the second half he was the best player on the pitch, winning the ball, progressing it. involved in pretty much everything good England did. Also shout out to Kyle Walker for doing the best job so far on Mbappe.
England did a great job on Mbappé, Walker played his part but the few times he was left without help Mbappé skinned him

Re: Bellingham. The more i see him, the more convinced i am that his future is as a tactical, goalscoring attacking mid. Like Mount, only better(or Lampard and Gerrard if you want to go further back). He was good yesterday as well

dinostar77

Can Foden be considered a midfielder at this point? For City he very clearly slotted into Sane's old role, and his best games with england were also in that role

England did a great job on Mbappé, Walker played his part but the few times he was left without help Mbappé skinned him

Re: Bellingham. The more i see him, the more convinced i am that his future is as a tactical, goalscoring attacking mid. Like Mount, only better(or Lampard and Gerrard if you want to go further back). He was good yesterday as well
Re: foden, as he matures and grows into his frame i can see him moving more centrally in a no10 or no 8 role.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
if he didn't spend 90min throwing his hands up and screaming for the cameras, who knows what would've happened...

really disappointed seeing that yesterday.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Re: foden, as he matures and grows into his frame i can see him moving more centrally in a no10 or no 8 role.
But he isn't either of those things and his qualities those you want in a wing-forward and City is developing him as such at this point

Hammondo

He's well rounded player for his age and has a great potential but with no standout ability, I am not too sure why we would really need to spend over 100mil pounds for him. Another one of the overrated English players. Long way for him to become one of the "generational talents" he's been called.

Easy to stand out in a team full of top players, or attacking bundesleague team, time will tell, but for the money its very expensive risk, and its only because he's english..
Not even sure what his role is supposed to be.

He needs someone more defensive behind him.

He doesn't dictate play.

Not technical or creative enough to be the most forward central midfielder.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Foden said pre-game in interview that he favours a #10 role and, most of last season, he played as a false #9 for City. Obviously Haaland coming in has meant a change of role. However, with the way Pep plays football, Foden ends up centrally a good deal. If England wants to use a #10, IMO, Foden should be the one in that role.

I disagree that Bellingham can be like Lampard or Gerrard. Lampard's goalscoring output was ridiculous for an attacking midfielder. Gerrard's equally so in that 2008/09 season where he played off Torres, in front of Mascherano and Xabi Alonso. I don't believe Bellingham will be that.

As I've said before, he's England's Wijnaldum or Gortezka. Versatile enough to be in a two man midfield, enough about him in a forward sense to be your most forward thing of a Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum type midfield. However, for me, that's as far as it goes.

I have watched him for a while and he is overrated by miles.

He is big talent. Everybody can see that. But being talent and being great player is two different things. He should not be starting international games yet. He is still young, lacks defensive dicipline and is all over the place. He will be good but let it take time it needs to take. To loud him like he is already top class player is fascinating and wrong in so many ways.
I kind of agree. Although I think its incorrect to say he should not be starting international games. England does not have a midfield full of quality. He's one of the only players we have who will do progressive carries, which is important when we lack any kind of deep lying playmaker.

That being said his passing is good but not great. His touch is good but not great. His dribbling shows flashes, he likes to break out the odd trick, but he's not Paul Gascoigne. He's physically imposing but not so imposing that you would back him in every 50/50. As I've said before: I find him to be good at a lot of different things but excellent at nothing in particular. For a player like that to be touted as 'going to be the best midfielder in the world over the next few years' feels like getting carried away to me.

Bellingham's a top level player, no doubt about it and he's going to be at the top table of European football for the next decade. However, he's going to be one of many. People say he's still maturing and that's true but he's not going to reach 26 and suddenly start passing like Luka Modric. There are things about his game you can logically expect to develop but I don't think we wake up one day to find Bellingham is now the equal of Pavel Nedved.

dinostar77

Not even sure what his role is supposed to be.

He needs someone more defensive behind him.

He doesn't dictate play.

Not technical or creative enough to be the most forward central midfielder.
Reminds me more of a old school box to box midfielder. Could end up being another steven gerrard type of midfielder. Its too early to tell.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Foden said pre-game in interview that he favours a #10 role and, most of last season, he played as a false #9 for City. Obviously Haaland coming in has meant a change of role. However, with the way Pep plays football, Foden ends up centrally a good deal. If England wants to use a #10, IMO, Foden should be the one in that role.
Nobody in particular played false #9 for City, the whole point was that the front 4 rotated a lot. Foden was still more of an-off ball outlet than an on-ball one for them, in terms of playmaking. Even if he favours playing in the middle he's very clearly a much better and more effective player starting wide and moving into the inside channels. And at this point i don't see why City would change that - he's world class in that role

I disagree that Bellingham can be like Lampard or Gerrard. Lampard's goalscoring output was ridiculous for an attacking midfielder. Gerrard's equally so in that 2008/09 season where he played off Torres, in front of Mascherano and Xabi Alonso. I don't believe Bellingham will be that.
He's got 9 goals for the season so far...

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Nobody in particular played false #9 for City, the whole point was that the front 4 rotated a lot. Foden was still more of an-off ball outlet than an on-ball one for them, in terms of playmaking. Even if he favours playing in the middle he's very clearly a much better and more effective player starting wide and moving into the inside channels. And at this point i don't see why City would change that - he's world class in that role

He's got 9 goals for the season so far...
Fair points.

We'll see what happens with Bellingham's goalscoring. Lampard is Chelsea's record goalscorer. If he gets to that level then he will be worth the £100m price tag that keeps getting touted about. I just don't see it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He beat him for pace once. Otherwise Mbappe was a ghost and Walker absolutely top notch.

amolbhatia50k

When was this? That one run aside (which just pace) I don't see what Mbappe did in this game.

Josh 76

When was this? That one run aside (which just pace) I don't see what Mbappe did in this game.
Too much is being made of this. He played for the team. He did what he needed to for France to win. You don’t have to beat your man every time to have a great game. His game was also to stop Walker going forward and creating space for his other team mates, which he did.

amolbhatia50k

Too much is being made of this. He played for the team. He did what he needed to for France to win. You don’t have to beat your man every time to have a great game. His game was also to stop Walker going forward and creating space for his other team mates, which he did.
What he did was enough only because England have bad CBs and weren't clinical in attack. Expected much more from him.

Remember the geese

That's probably the most optimistic way of looking at an invisible performance.

RoyH1

I hope he doesn't go to Liverpool. His career would end up being a repeat of Gerrard's and I want him to be a multiple trophy winner. Preferably with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.