Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve 007

Bellingham is a great player and only going to get better. He can disrupt play, has an
Amazing pass, look at that volley yesterday if you doubt he can shoot. He is a powerful athlete, he can run past players and has shown he can ride a physical tackle. He’d be such an upgrade on Pogba. I’d take Rice but Bellingham is much better. Anyone who doesn’t want him can stick with McT and Fred. How much of an upgrade is Bellingham, Casemeiro and Erickson to what we’ve been used to since Fergie left.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Fair points.

We'll see what happens with Bellingham's goalscoring. Lampard is Chelsea's record goalscorer. If he gets to that level then he will be worth the £100m price tag that keeps getting touted about. I just don't see it.
Think your comparison with Goretzka is a pretty good one too actually. I just think whoever signs him is gonna try to get a bit more out of him than that.

Goretzka did play a lot as an attacking mid for schalke btw :D
He beat him for pace once. Otherwise Mbappe was a ghost and Walker absolutely top notch.
He beat him a few times, including in the lead up to the first goal. England did a great job of helping Walker, who himself was good at slowing Mbappé down

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Think your comparison with Goretzka is a pretty good one too actually. I just think whoever signs him is gonna try to get a bit more out of him than that.

Goretzka did play a lot as an attacking mid for schalke btw :D

He beat him a few times, including in the lead up to the first goal. England did a great job of helping Walker, who himself was good at slowing Mbappé down
:lol: You're being serious? Walker made a forward run passing it to Saka who was fouled which the ref erred in not giving. Walker was caught high up the pitch and before he could get back and put any pressure Mbappe released a pass and went into midfield / central. Calling that 'beating your man' is plain wrong.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: You're being serious? Walker made a forward run passing it to Saka who was fouled which the ref erred in not giving. Walker was caught high up the pitch and before he could get back and put any pressure Mbappe released a pass and went into midfield / central. Calling that 'beating your man' is plain wrong.
Walker was left trying to stop Mbappé without help and failed to do so. Yes, i call that beating your man. If i meant dribble past, i'd have said that instead

AneRu

I like him a lot, he immense potential to be the dominant midfielder in the game for a very long time but I am not keen on signing because doing so will be just reinforcing what we did during the Woodward era which has landed us in a massive hole. Owing £400m in unpaid transfer fees is no joke in my view.

We need to do more of what we attempted with him when he chose Dortmund and less of the £100m signings especially if we don't get sold to a rich owner. After we missed out on Bellingham, Caicedo and Enzo Fernandez emerged so what's to say there isn't more of the same around? We need to up our scouting and let our managers know that we aren't doing that galactico thing anymore, there is enough talent in the game if you look hard enough.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Walker was left trying to stop Mbappé without help and failed to do so. Yes, i call that beating your man. If i meant dribble past, i'd have said that instead
:lol: I'm sorry but you haven't a clue about this. Please watch it again. Others were dealing with Mbappe. Walker was akin to a CF attacker tracking back and who couldn't get back in time. That's not beating your man by any stretch of even a vivid imagination.

cyberman

He was quiet and still had the beating of Walker. I can’t remember Walker stopping Mbappe once in the whole game.
That’s because Mbappe didn’t do much the entire game.
Maybe it’s quiet domination or something but not even a shot in target (I know cause that what my bet was waiting on)

NoPace

Continued the tradition of great England #8s failing to realize where danger is and not going out to Griezmann even though he had lots of help inside to Rabiot. He's a child still, but honestly a CM should know when he's the widest player after a set piece is cleared and that it's a rare time you actually should leave the middle completely and get to the touchline fast. It happens fairly often if you're not one of the guys charged with marking dangerous players in the box.

Mike Smalling

Are you really "the better team", if you fail to create enough from open play to win the game?

Zen86

Continued the tradition of great England #8s failing to realize where danger is and not going out to Griezmann even though he had lots of help inside to Rabiot. He's a child still, but honestly a CM should know when he's the widest player after a set piece is cleared and that it's a rare time you actually should leave the middle completely and get to the touchline fast. It happens fairly often if you're not one of the guys charged with marking dangerous players in the box.
I can't see him being a great CM to be honest. Reminds me a bit of Gerrard where he hasn't got the discipline or perception to really control the midfield.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What's his best position?
Box to box in a 3 as the one who’s allowed to get furthest forward. Basically the position he was playing for England (just with better midfield support cast)

MegadrivePerson

From David Ornstein at the Athletic, doesn't even mention United!

‘Bellingham’s rise has made him a dream target for the world’s biggest clubs, so if the midfielder decides he wants to leave Borussia Dortmund – and his German employers open the door to a sale – he will have his pick of a small number of teams who can afford what it will take to complete such a deal,’ Ornstein wrote for The Athletic.

‘No decision was expected until after the World Cup but now that Bellingham’s involvement in Qatar is over, suitors will hope to intensify their efforts to prise him away from the Bundesliga side.

‘There is a feeling among interested parties that Liverpool may be front-runners, but they do not think the matter is closed and will hope the current uncertainty at Anfield plays into their hands.’

Fenway Sports Group announced last month that they are open to new investment and a full sale of Liverpool is an option.

Ornstein has added that Real Madrid and Chelsea ‘are also huge admirers’ of Bellingham, while Man City are ‘not currently at the head of the queue’.

He has noted that ‘another credible option’ for Bellingham is to remain at Dortmund, with his contract not up until 2025.

Crimson King

so Gerrard was never a great CM?
His best performances for Liverpool came as an attacking midfielder, when the defensive shackles were taken off.

Bellingham looks to be developing into a #10 as his attacking game improves. Buying him now and looking to play him deeper or as part of a double pivot probably isn't a wise move.

Crimson King

Bellingham is a great player and only going to get better. He can disrupt play, has an
Amazing pass, look at that volley yesterday if you doubt he can shoot. He is a powerful athlete, he can run past players and has shown he can ride a physical tackle. He’d be such an upgrade on Pogba. I’d take Rice but Bellingham is much better. Anyone who doesn’t want him can stick with McT and Fred. How much of an upgrade is Bellingham, Casemeiro and Erickson to what we’ve been used to since Fergie left.
So you'd sell Fernandes then? Bellingham only makes sense in that formation if you don't already have Bruno.

It makes more sense to sign an upgrade on Eriksen (he's not really a deep playmaker, although is doing well for us there) and maybe earmark someone to replace Casemiro, when that time comes.

Stacks

His best performances for Liverpool came as an attacking midfielder, when the defensive shackles were taken off.

Bellingham looks to be developing into a #10 as his attacking game improves. Buying him now and looking to play him deeper or as part of a double pivot probably isn't a wise move.
When he burst onto the scene he was CM/DMC and had quite some success. Definitely Benitez adjustments allowed him to show more on an attacking sense but he was initially a defensive midfielder.

El Jefe

I'm okay that we don't seem to be in the running for him. Good player but hos price is ridiculous. He probably will go on to be a top player but he's another in a long list of England midfielders that needs someone else beside them to do the midfield playmaking. As many have said, if we didn't have Bruno then it would make more sense.

I'm also not sure how much of his potential is already fulfilled because of his physique and maturity. People see that he's 19 and expect his growth trajectory to continue to go up but I'm not so sure. He's going to be a very good player but I'm not convinced he's a nailed on world class talent.

Righteous Steps

When he burst onto the scene he was CM/DMC and had quite some success. Definitely Benitez adjustments allowed him to show more on an attacking sense but he was initially a defensive midfielder.
The pep era at Barcelona has made people believe the only top class midfielders are those of the Xavi mould, they took a 3-4 year period of where Guardiola was at Barcelona and used it to form their whole football opinions as if teams and players can’t win or be great in a different way, it’s funny because even Guardiola has deviated from that one track approach he has with Barcelona, for example he has. A CM called De Bruyne who has a 79% passing accuracy and loses the ball quite often despite also being effective with it. These people haven’t evolved in their thinking but the manager who is responsible for that thinking has.

lex talionis

Jude will likely go straight to Real and live and play the dream there.

But if there is a chance of bringing him to OT he’s absolutely much more worth the 100m than Frenkie is.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Jude will likely go straight to Real and live and play the dream there.

But if there is a chance of bringing him to OT he’s absolutely much more worth the 100m than Frenkie is.
Superb talent. I still hope ETH won't loose his head too much over this and continue to build squad with mentality of likes such as Lisandro.

Our right side of defense was vulnerable for 10 years and somewhat still is after Darmian and Bissaka fiasco. There are some serious priorities to address, but midfield could definitely use better players than McTom or Fred.

Spend only if we have some serious extra amounts in the bank. If we get a good fee for Maguire, we'd still need to find no BS defender in his place. So far can't see Bellingham on the horizon, but then again I called BS the news about possibility of Casemiro heading to United... :lol:

This one will cost absurd amounts, could be more taxing deal than Maguire and Bissaka combined fee.

El Jefe

I'm okay that we don't seem to be in the running for him. Good player but hos price is ridiculous. He probably will go on to be a top player but he's another in a long list of England midfielders that needs someone else beside them to do the midfield playmaking. As many have said, if we didn't have Bruno then it would make more sense.

I'm also not sure how much of his potential is already fulfilled because of his physique and maturity. People see that he's still

Crimson King

Yes that's true, but youthful exuberance and athleticism allows a gifted young player to shine in that position. Later on, as they develop, that isn't always enough, or, as in the case of Gerrard, it's a waste to keep them that deep when they prove to be such a potent goal threat further up the pitch.

Bellingham appears to be following the same pattern. He was physically well developed for his age when he started playing for Birmingham's first team, and also had a high level of footballing intelligence despite his little experience. This allowed him to excel as a CM, especially in a league that primarily favours physicality.

It's kind of disappointing for England to be honest. Rice is a great DM, but they're crying out for someone who can dictate tempo or really boss a midfield. They've got quite a lot of talent in the attacking areas already. This seems to happen quite a lot with English midfielders, including Gerrard.

Interestingly, Scholes was the opposite. He started out as a forward, but moved deeper and deeper because his passing and ability to start attacks from deep continued to develop. Alongside his natural knack for a goal, but lack of physical attributes, it meant he ended up as one of the best deep lying playmakers around at the time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a Liverpool fan boy, don't do it to yourselves lads.

Crimson King

He's a Liverpool fan boy, don't do it to yourselves lads.
I think it's quite telling that we're not mentioned at all in the most recent reports about his future...

Hannibal will turn out a better player anyway ;)

goalscholes

Are you really "the better team", if you fail to create enough from open play to win the game?
Yes. You can’t just say “open play” and ignore the fact that the ref allowed France to kick England over whenever they got into dangerous positions.

I doubt you’ll find many French fans who wouldn’t admit they were really lucky.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it's quite telling that we're not mentioned at all in the most recent reports about his future...

Hannibal will turn out a better player anyway ;)
Bellingham is class but as you say we've got some huge talents ourselves.

Mejbri / Mainoo and Iqbal all could develop into top players with good coaching.

Midfield is fairly solid at the moment, and we can't always have the next hot young talent for 80m+

Zen86

so Gerrard was never a great CM?
Not really. His roy of the rovers style might look nice and lead to some standout individual performances but it doesn’t make for a very good CM where control, discipline, and anticipation are key. His sweet spot was basically getting himself into forward positions and advancing with the ball, more a CAM or SS than a CM.

Righteous Steps

Not really. His roy of the rovers style might look nice and lead to some standout individual performances but it doesn’t make for a very good CM where control, discipline, and anticipation are key. His sweet spot was basically getting himself into forward positions and advancing with the ball, more a CAM or SS than a CM.
By the same metric De Bruyne isn’t a great CM either.

Smithy89

What a talent he is, game over for everyone if he goes to City. He'd have walked into our midfield two years ago, never mind now that he's developed even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.