Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajds89

That miss alone should knock off at least £50m of the asking price.

Remember the geese

Your knowledge of general football is minimal if you don’t know the story behind his move. And I did spend a considerable amount of time chatting to our club captain recently.
What is the story? Moving to a much bigger club, on a much bigger salary, against his wishes (of course) to save the club from financial ruin?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Garbage. No time for players who don’t turn up in these kind of games.

Chief123

You’ve not seen him play have you? He’s the real deal. Why do salty fans deny it? He’s over 150 career games by 19. 10+ internationals. Captains a champions league club.

What more can he do at this stage?
No one is the real deal when they’ve only played in the Championship and Bundesliga leagues.

hobbers

We need to see Dortmund play vs Prem sides more often. Ideally 2-3 times a season.

Just to keep it in perspective that the Bundesliga is a shit league, and we stop spending so much money on their duds.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Reading into Insta likes is silly but I want us to stay away from these €100m+ signings from Bundesliga.

We need to see Dortmund play vs Prem sides more often. Ideally 2-3 times a season.

Just to keep it in perspective that the Bundesliga is a shit league, and we stop spending so much money on their duds.
Careful, you'll summon the Bundesliga/German ****.

Woziak

Great player but will he get you 20 goals and assists in PL as a genuine World class number 8, will be get goals like Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard or even Beckham. I don’t think so ?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He really buys into his own hype.
He's got a questionable character. I mentioned this a while ago, but it's something that bothers me about him. Quick to criticise his team mates and show poor attitude, it's as though he thinks he's above them.

I noticed at the end of the game he dropped right into defence to pick up a ball and hit it long, taking it off a defender. He then proceeded to ping it straight into the chest of an oncoming Chelsea player whilst his team was up the pitch.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I'm still not seeing it. I must just watch the worst games of his. But from what I've seen he's still in the 'potential' bracket, as in, nowhere near a sure thing at the top level. Definitely not worth the money being touted.
Agreed. Tonight he seemed to have that great ability to make space in tight areas, only to give the ball away cheaply.
I’d trust ETH if we paid 70M, but it’d still be a big gamble. 150M is ridiculous, even if he goes on to reach the maximum if his potential he won’t be worth that

Gazza

He's got a questionable character. I mentioned this a while ago, but it's something that bothers me about him. Quick to criticise his team mates and show poor attitude, it's as though he thinks he's above them.

I noticed at the end of the game he dropped right into defence to pick up a ball and hit it long, taking it off a defender. He then proceeded to ping it straight into the chest of an oncoming Chelsea player whilst his team was up the pitch.
Stevie G is his hero, innit? He's hand in glove for Anfield.

Shark

@NotShark
Should we really be going after another Dortmund player? Not a single one has succeeded here.

Matt851

Should we really be going after another Dortmund player? Not a single one has succeeded here.
We probably won't but my god people on here are ridiculous with their kneejerk assessments off the back of one game

Mainoldo

Still a big question over is he overhyped based on no-one watching him week in and week out. Except for the UCL.

So maybe he goes to Pool for £150m and does a German player to England special.

led_scholes

Amazing player. Bit off today, which is expected. People forget how young he is.
Not worth of 150 millions.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Looked a yard off the pace tonight. Obviously this isn't his usual level but I've rarely been impressed

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Will be a world beater at Liverpool.

Will flop anywhere else.

You just know it will be the case.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He just doesn’t have it to be a 150 mill worthy player, money could be spent better elsewhere.

Utuhu

Very Overrated and he is allowing it get into his head.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Yeah that was shameful! Definitely see Stevie G written all over him. Although I don’t really remember Gerrard when he was a teenager. Was he that arrogant when he broke through?

Utuhu

You’ve not seen him play have you? He’s the real deal. Why do salty fans deny it? He’s over 150 career games by 19. 10+ internationals. Captains a champions league club.

What more can he do at this stage?
He is overrated.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Yep. Also has had a few extremely precious post-game interviews. If he ever ended up here the on pitch moaning between him and Fernandes would be insufferable

Mike Smalling

I would be extremely wary of buying an English talent out of the Bundesliga right now. Generally, offensive players going from the Bundesliga to the Premier League can be extremely hit and miss with players like Kagawa, Havertz, Werner, Sancho, and Pulisic being on the miss-list for me. This combined with the media hype for a young English player leads to a very high risk of overpaying. It seems like many have already decided that Bellingham is the solution to any problem a club may have, which can't be good for him.

I also think there is an interesting discussion to be had about whether an early breakthrough is at all related to a higher ceiling when it comes to top level through a career. You can certainly find examples of both early breakthrough players that stagnated and those that continued to develop to world class level.

Litch

Fantastic talent, there will be a long queue of teams that want to sign him. I think people are forgetting what age he is and still learning the game.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

I wonder how many players we need to buy from Dortmund before people realise we should really stop doing it?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Love the Cafe
My post was a response to that post. The journo in question has been on the money regarding Tchouameni , Weghorst and many other stories in the last year. And I remember @mazhar13 mentioning him as someone worth taking notice of. I didn't agree at the time but the journo has been accurate on a number of stories of late.

But that doesn't mean that Bellingham will definitely join Madrid.

kthanksbye

Watched the match yesterday, didn't notice him for most of the game.
Think he's a really talented but certainly not a 150m player, a few battles between him and Enzo were fun to watch, two talented youngsters going against each other.
Having said that, I feel Camavinga and Pedri are clearly better than him.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I'd rather not spend that much money on this guy. Granted I've only seen him at the world cup and some clips here and there.
Just seems like a hype machine gone into overdrive.

Every couple of years a player from Dortmund gets insanely hyped up (Lewandowski, Mkhitaryan, Sancho, Gundogan, Pulisic, Reus, Haaland, Gotze, and now Bellingham).
Most (not Reus) of them have left the club for insane money or major hype (the free ones) and its been hit and miss. Obviously Lewa and Haaland are successes but the rest have ranged from average to disappointment (Kagawa, Sancho, Pulisic, Gotze, Gundogan at times for City).
Gut feeling says that the hype around Bellingham will turn out to be a disappointment, especially for the reported price tag.

Kind of feels like its Dortmund's MO. Hype up one of the best players at the club to insane levels, demand insane amounts (cause for the simple minded: "high cost = good player"), get insane money, rinse and repeat for the next best player at the club.

sugar_kane

Naming a bridge after him? Already? Seriously? What on earth has he done to justify this?
Unreal.

This would be like Manchester naming a public monument after Pogba, in 2015…

Anyway don’t care how good this kid is, he’s a scouse bastard and they’re welcome to him.

Bwuk

Unreal.

This would be like Manchester naming a public monument after Pogba, in 2015…

Anyway don’t care how good this kid is, he’s a scouse bastard and they’re welcome to him.
I don't understand where this comes from other than Liverpool fans trying to will this into existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.