Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not excited by the prospect of us spunking our budget on him.

I think he’ll go to Liverpool anyway. I’ve heard talk of him being a huge Gerrard fan and there’s too much noise around that move. Like us and Sancho.

Skills

Snitch
----- Rashford ----- Osimhen ---- Fernandes
----------------FDJ ---- Bellingham
-------------------------Casemiro

Is potentially quite tasty.

Shinjch

Liverpool have been fluttering their eyelashes at him for 2 years now, he will go there or Madrid.

I don't think he is the sort of profile we should be looking at anyway, especially at that money.

bosskeano

not a midfielder alive is worth spending 100m+....especially one who doesn't score goals on a regular basis

Nick7

Unless Madrid really really want him, if Liverpool don’t make champions league he’ll stay put for a year in Dortmund and then join then next year if they do.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I wouldn't complain if we get him but our main problem in midfield is our inability to keep possession and Bellingham isn't going to solve that. Maybe Eth doesn't care about ball possession

hobbers

Only player from the Bundesliga we should be looking at this summer is Frimpong.

HookedOnAPhelan

Not what we need, especially not at that price. And I don't rate him that highly anyway. Plus he seems like a whiny twat.

OrcaFat

There’s no way we’re signing both Bellingham and Osimhen. You talking around £230m on those two alone and we’re already at the limit of what we can spend under FFP. Unless we’ve got new owners by then and shift a load of players off the books then this is just unrealistic.
Pretty sure we won’t sign either one of them. They will both have “better” options than us, I would think, even if we could afford them.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
350 million tasty. Not going to happen.
Quatar could make it happen. New Trafford, new training ground, superstars. Believe me that if he buys Man United, he will spend big money on everything

Not saying i like the idea or not, and i do understand what the money comes from and how many people suffer for us to get even more luxury but unfortunately this is football 2023.

foolsgold

Actually thats a smart choice, its not that hard to turn down if the player has belief in himself.
It's really hard to turn that down, it represented financial security for him and his family, it's not about belief, he could have had a career ending injury the next day.

On signing him, I don't know. It seems a huge sum of money and we have other priorities, firstly a striker and we also need a keeper that can distribute the ball better. Fixing these is more important, I wouldn't been too upset if we made the Sabitzer deal permanent, sold McTominay or Fred and brought Hannibal back as a rotation option. With limitless money, sure but right now I don't see the urgent need.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Whose the right winger? Is that a nickname for the Napoli guy?
Yes. Osimhen and him have been the reason of their success this season. Just take them both than risking another Dortmund midfielder. Try something new.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Hopefully he's the type who engages his physical gifts and has a bit of nastiness to him, bully-ball if you will. All three of our underwhelming Dortmund signings were finesse players. I have this theory that to make it in the EPL as a finesse player you need to have an edge about you. You don't need to be the very best like say a Mesut Özil.

If you gave Sancho, Mkhitaryan and Kagawa the personality of say a Fellaini, you would or have seen far more consistent high level performances.

Last edited:

Dempsey19

Yes. Osimhen and him have been the reason of their success this season. Just take them both than risking another Dortmund midfielder. Try something new.
Kvaradona is a left winger though. Has played 29 games for Napoli this season all at LW. Why would we be spending a fortune getting one of the best left wingers and shoe horning him onto the right. That won't happen.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
----- Rashford ----- Osimhen ---- Fernandes
----------------FDJ ---- Bellingham
-------------------------Casemiro

Is potentially quite tasty.
All that money and you've got Bruno Fernandes as a right winger. :lol:

sparx99

I don't have the heart to spunk another £80m on a RW.
Given Antony has got lots of room to improve, Amad has done really well on loan and Pellistri has shown real promise Indont think we should be spending on the RW this summer.

By all means in summer 2024 if none of them kick on.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It's really hard to turn that down, it represented financial security for him and his family, it's not about belief, he could have had a career ending injury the next day.

On signing him, I don't know. It seems a huge sum of money and we have other priorities, firstly a striker and we also need a keeper that can distribute the ball better. Fixing these is more important, I wouldn't been too upset if we made the Sabitzer deal permanent, sold McTominay or Fred and brought Hannibal back as a rotation option. With limitless money, sure but right now I don't see the urgent need.
Well but that's about the worst case scenario isn't it? I doubt many teenager would look at the the worst possible scenario in making their career decision. Normally he would think he is the best player among his age group, young and confidence, and believe he could become world beater in future. Its not hard to see why he would see Dortmund as the best career choice he could make at that early point of his career, especially when they have produced so many top young talents over the recent years, whom earn big money move elsewhere after they've made it at Dortmund.

lex talionis

If Qatar buys the club and throws cash out of the helicopter by all means let's pick up Bellingham. But if unlimited funds are not in the cards we're better off spending what we need to pick up Kane or Osimhen, which won't leave enough to pick up Bellingham.

croadyman

If Qatar buys the club and throws cash out of the helicopter by all means let's pick up Bellingham. But if unlimited funds are not in the cards we're better off spending what we need to pick up Kane or Osimhen, which won't leave enough to pick up Bellingham.
Couldn't have put it any better

Ananke

Yeh sums it up.

Id love Bellingham, but the price and other priorities get in the way. If Qatari come in and we pinch Bellingham from Liverpool/Madrid however…:drool:

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
It's really rare a prospect with this level of circle jerking ever lives up to the hype in this weird, modern football environment.

Mike Smalling

It's really rare a prospect with this level of circle jerking ever lives up to the hype in this weird, modern football environment.
Indeed. He is being hyped up as an absolute game changer for whichever clubs picks him up. It’s unnecessary pressure. He is likely to be a good investment, because of his quality at a young age, but there is no certainty that he will be a Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes/Toure level player.

colombianmancunian

This!

He is good, will improve us. But we need to get striker sorted above all things, and it will cost us at least 120 million.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Liverpool fans coming down to earth shortly. The thing is, his price was obvious for a number of years - they should have gone for someone else last summer and now, because of that, they'll most likely have no Champions League and will probably have strengthened City further.

Chief123

Liverpool fans coming down to earth shortly. The thing is, his price was obvious for a number of years - they should have gone for someone else last summer and now, because of that, they'll most likely have no Champions League.
They spent 3 years waiting for him. Poor recruitment planning in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.