g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
The self loathing and self pity among some of our support is a joke. Yeah, things are shit right now, and might get worse yet, but we are utd, we WILL be back. Might be a while, but we will.
love this!

Too many fair weather fans. They can feck off for all I care. The self pitying weak people who aren’t up for getting behind the club don’t deserve to share the highs with us.

The Caff Spraff

Yes, I haven't watched him play at all. But I would be cautious. I don't see a 18 year old midfielder suddenly taking a club as huge as Man United 's midfield and killing it. Moreover, see how Sancho is doing now. He is atleast one year before he can start producing numbers again. Look how Mkhi and Kagawa turned out.
With that admission I’d recommend you take a little bit of time to watch his previous and future games, as a fan of football youll be glad you did.
It really isn’t an overhype how good he really is, even if you still don’t want him at United, you’ll still be extremely impressed of how good this ‘kid’ is.

he truly is so beyond his years, I honestly believe if United bought him this summer, he’d be captainwithin 2 years.

remember the hype about mbappe at 17/18 for a young forward, I believe Bellingham deserves the same hype As a young midfielder.

definitely give him a proper watch before casting an opinion on him, I think it’ll change yourmind

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
love this!

Too many fair weather fans. They can feck off for all I care. The self pitying weak people who aren’t up for getting behind the club don’t deserve to share the highs with us.
Exactly, don't get me wrong, I'll bitch and moan with the best of them, but I'm still here, week in week out, watching us win lose or draw, yeah there are players I dont think are good enough and others I just don't like, but they will come and go, others will rise and take their place, and utd will keep on going.

TheReligion

Abusive
Exactly, don't get me wrong, I'll bitch and moan with the best of them, but I'm still here, week in week out, watching us win lose or draw, yeah there are players I dont think are good enough and others I just don't like, but they will come and go, others will rise and take their place, and utd will keep on going.
Don’t. they will call you a top red next! Top Red FC or something like that.

Glad I’m not on my own anyway

VanDeBank

Ma’am
How does this kid have 7 pages and Declan 300?

I know who United's marketing team board will want.

He's fecking brilliant, one of the few players I could see as a genuine Pogba replacement.

JuriM

How does this kid have 7 pages and Declan 300?

I know who United's marketing team board will want.

He's fecking brilliant, one of the few players I could see as a genuine Pogba replacement.
He would be smart Pogba replacement, but Rice is the CDM type we have been missing for ages.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He would be smart Pogba replacement, but Rice is the CDM type we have been missing for ages.
Yes, but there are cheaper CDM options.

I don't see suitable Pogba replacements out there for smaller fees. And we all know are scouting is shite and we won't find one. Rangnick would actually have to get some real power upstairs (which I sadly think he wont get) and need at least a year to sort it out.

We don’t need a Pogba replacement
You're fine with CDM + Bruno + Fred/McTominay?

micmac

The self loathing and self pity among some of our support is a joke. Yeah, things are shit right now, and might get worse yet, but we are utd, we WILL be back. Might be a while, but we will.
This is the Goldbridge effect. Too many people are taking that fool’s “opinion” as gospel!

Skills

Snitch
Him and his advisors seem way too smart, to ever choose a club like United - especially so early in his career. You can't trust a club like Man United with your development if you're still a bit of a WIP - it's too risky.

JB7

He's right in my opinion
Cool. Last time people starting making those noises we went out and signed Ibrahimovic, Pogba & the Bundesliga's player of the season. So basically, he's chatting absolute shite.

AFC NimbleThumb

You make some decent points but I’m not sure how they’re relevant to the post the initial response was to. Read the post from @elnorte. . .
A couple of individuals who are quality but together a hotchpotch of toxic shite. The best players will avoid us like the plague right now and rightly so.
Self loathing? Yes I suppose but even you say it ‘may take a while’ so why would the best players pick us right now? Is saying things ‘might get worse’ not self loathing in itself? Why would they when ‘we’re utd’ afterall.

Bellingham is a prime example as he literally chose Dortmund over United, a choice that regardless of playing time wouldn’t have occurred a decade ago & I doubt he’s currently ruing that decision. The squad is indeed a number of quality individuals who have faltered together & you say ‘things are shit right now’ yourself. Sounds like fundamentally you agree with the post that was dismissed. I’m not seeing posters say we’ll never come back, so that’s a rather false argument.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
love this!

100%. I have been supporting United since Big Ron. It's pathetic how United 'fans' on the Caf turn on the club.

Supporters support. And not slag off the club at every and any opportunity -- real or imaginary.

United in sin

We're just supposed to sit in silence as this club erodes from the top to the bottom. Gotta love these top reds. We support the club but our discontent will be heard

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We're just supposed to sit in silence as this club erodes from the top to the bottom. Gotta love these top reds. We support the club but our discontent will be heard
Have you read the nonsense that's been spewed for the past few years? Everything is blamed on the players, managers, C-suites, owners and the tea lady. It's ridiculous.

I bet most the those talking crap have never managed anything beyond a vending machine. If they did they would understand that things are ever that obvious. People are looking at things at a line-item basis rather than the big picture.

backpass

Strange, so much praise. And to me he has a lot which is wrong with young players today.
I watch nearly all Dortmund games and while he has certainly talent, I hate his behaviour during games.

So often when he loses the ball he complains about everything but himself. Quite often he is on the ground throwing his arms up instead tracking back. Sometimes he starts running like a headless chicken behind the ball to show his „effort“ but it feels more like an alibi action instead of coordinated and thought through action.
Havent seen him apologizing for missplaced passes etc to a colleague, no he throws his arms up and complains. Always sulking, often losing temper after bit harder challenges.

Maybe I over exaggerate a bit, but to me he is the most annoying player in this Dortmund team and one of the reasons this midfield struggles.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Bellingham seems to me like another luxury type of player. We need someone of a traditional defensive mould like Rice who keeps it simple and straightforward without the additional theatrics or attitude.

Bellingham is brilliant but not who we need at this stage.

In Rainbows

Bellingham seems to me like another luxury type of player. We need someone of a traditional defensive mould like Rice who keeps it simple and straightforward without the additional theatrics or attitude.

Even a defensive midfielder wouldn't complete our midfield. We still lack the midfielder who is always asking for the ball, has great technique to retain possession, can progress the ball forward, etc... or as the caf nicknamed "the metronome." Bellingham doesn't distort that plan. Rice would be expensive as well, and his type of midfielder is actually easier to find. For as limited as Rice is (still liking his defensive quality), I still think it's better to find that type through our scouts.

Coops73

Having both would give us a brilliant midfield for quite a few years.

AFC NimbleThumb

It really shouldn’t be an either or situation. For all Rice gives us he’ll be flank by McFred who in themselves need replacing.
Fear he's scouse bound when he leaves Dortmund
Which would be the most damning thing in itself. Under SAF the boy doesn’t leave the country in the first place. The boy saw the car crash that was the OgS tenure coming a mile off. Hopefully we get our act together in the next year & become more attractive a proposition.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The boy saw the car crash that was the OgS tenure coming a mile off. Hopefully we get our act together in the next year & become more attractive a proposition.
I don't think that's what happened. Dortmund offered first team playing time, United didn't and that's basically it.

cyberman

It really shouldn’t be an either or situation. For all Rice gives us he’ll be flank by McFred who in themselves need replacing.

Which would be the most damning thing in itself. Under SAF the boy doesn’t leave the country in the first place. The boy saw the car crash that was the OgS tenure coming a mile off. Hopefully we get our act together in the next year & become more attractive a proposition.
Dortmund car crash isn’t much better?

AFC NimbleThumb

I don't think that's what happened. Dortmund offered first team playing time, United didn't and that's basically it.
Knew this comment would bring out the precious in people. We buy Diallo for €40mil [potentially] with no actual plan for him [post-Bellingham transfer I know]. We buy Sancho, a wunderkind, & switch to a wingerless formation. We rely on a midfield of McFred that saw us on the end of some of the worst results in a generation.

All together playing time, the management, the recent tendency to not really play youngsters [No.11 aside, he relied on experience over anything] all played their role. That boy [you know the English one with a United supporting family] signs for United if the set up is better as he’s more than good enough to have warranted games here. The fact our previous manager couldn’t see this is exactly the car crash he was avoiding.

Trex

Nope, he took the Sancho route, go to Dortmund get guaranteed playing time and UCL experience, the English giants will always be there as he is one of England's most promising talents, all he needed was to become an established name so he can make the move back on more favorable terms both in playing time and financially, that's the only reason he went there see Sancho as example.

Classical Mechanic

He'll have played 90 games for them by the end of this season if he doesn't get injured and he's won the German Cup. No one expects Dortmund to succeed in Europe, although losing to Rangers wasn't great. That said he was one of their few players to actually give a good account of themselves over the two games. They'll finish second to Bayern this season and qualify for the Champions League. Same old Dortmund.

AFC NimbleThumb

Nope, he took the Sancho route, go to Dortmund get guaranteed playing time and UCL experience, the English giants will always be there as he is one of England's most promising talents, all he needed was to become an established name so he can make the move back on more favorable terms both in playing time and financially, that's the only reason he went there see Sancho as example.
You can soften the blow on your ego as much as you like. The fact remains a United supporting, English born player chose a German club over ours in a head-to-head because he believed it would better his career. If we were ruling Europe & Country with a midfield other than McFred then fine but we could have done with a player of his type over the past few years. He backed himself & hasn’t looked back.

In taking ‘the Sancho’ route he chose another team over our own, I don’t care for your psychoanalysis why from a distance.

cyberman

Knew this comment would bring out the precious in people. We buy Diallo for €40mil [potentially] with no actual plan for him [post-Bellingham transfer I know]. We buy Sancho, a wunderkind, & switch to a wingerless formation. We rely on a midfield of McFred that saw us on the end of some of the worst results in a generation.

All together playing time, the management, the recent tendency to not really play youngsters [No.11 aside, he relied on experience over anything] all played their role. That boy [you know the English one with a United supporting family] signs for United if the set up is better as he’s more than good enough to have warranted games here. The fact our previous manager couldn’t see this is exactly the car crash he was avoiding.
And what are Dortmund doing? Losing to Rangers in the Europa League?
You knew it was coming because you knew your comment was nonsense, let’s be honest

AFC NimbleThumb

He'll have played 90 games for them by the end of this season if he doesn't get injured and he's won the German Cup. No one expects Dortmund to succeed in Europe, although losing to Rangers wasn't great. That said he was one of their few players to actually give a good account of themselves over the two games. They'll finish second to Bayern this season and qualify for the Champions League. Same old Dortmund.
And what are Dortmund doing? Losing to Rangers in the Europa League?
You knew it was coming because you knew your comment was nonsense, let’s be honest
See above for context. If you believe the comments nonsense don’t interact, you can get precious about our place in the game currently instead of owning up to it but all you’ve done is get emotive because it’s difficult to refute the facts of the situation.

I called the OgS tenure a car crash, highlighting how he failed to progress youngsters & you’re on about them losing to Rangers when he’s won the equivalent of their FA Cup all whilst we’ve won what exactly? So let’s be honest. We have an English born, Manchester United fan chosing Dortmund over United & you’re wailing on about them losing in the Europa league which funnily enough is something OgSs United knew alot about.

So can we return to the topic instead of you trying to subvert the discussion. Bellingham would walk into our midfield but he’s playing elsewhere & being linked with better sides currently.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He's great and would be perfect for us when Pobga leaves. This means we won't get him and he'll end up at liverpool

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
When did Birmingham become Manutd fan? I thought he was Birmingham fan.

cyberman

See above for context. If you believe the comments nonsense don’t interact, you can get precious about our place in the game currently instead of owning up to it but all you’ve done is get emotive because it’s difficult to refute the facts of the situation.

I called the OgS tenure a car crash, highlighting how he failed to progress youngsters & you’re on about them losing to Rangers when he’s won the equivalent of their FA Cup all whilst we’ve won what exactly? So let’s be honest. We have an English born, Manchester United fan chosing Dortmund over United & you’re wailing on about them losing in the Europa league which funnily enough is something OgSs United knew alot about.

So can we return to the topic instead of you trying to subvert the discussion. Bellingham would walk into our midfield but he’s playing elsewhere & being linked with better sides currently.
Your post is all over the place buddy. He joined a side who barely scrapped fourth last year and who’s performances have been all over the place to the point they just got embarrassed by Rangers over two legs. In a game where Jude was caught shouting at teammates that they were shit and couldn’t pass a ball straight. Go on any Dortmund / football sub and they’ll tell you the same thing. The the squad needs an overhaul and the manager is close to being gone soon.
There’s a lot of reason why he may have went to Dortmund but being a future car crash savant isn’t one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.