Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
If he makes it will you go one further and change the name of the club to Bellingham or would it be just another stand in his honour?
Typical arrogant fan without much depth or knowledge behind you posts. Why do you why is your life trying to be smart on a football forum? We come here to talk football, not act like it’s the school playground.

Do your research before you make yourself look silly in public please.

Classical Mechanic

Yes, I haven't watched him play at all. But I would be cautious. I don't see a 18 year old midfielder suddenly taking a club as huge as Man United 's midfield and killing it. Moreover, see how Sancho is doing now. He is atleast one year before he can start producing numbers again. Look how Mkhi and Kagawa turned out.
Bellingham and Sancho are completely different characters. Bellingham is already a team leader at Dortmund aged 18. His mentality is very unusual for a player so young. He's very vocal on and off the pitch. He loves to get the crowd going too. Sancho will never be a team leader because he's more intorverted and chill. I think that's why he failed to bed in at United initially. He's more of a confidence player which is why he's never really turned up for England.

That said, I don't think we're in for Bellingham anyway, certainly not this season. I think he'll stay at Dortmund for at least another year.

Drainy

Typical arrogant fan without much depth or knowledge behind you posts. Why do you why is your life trying to be smart on a football forum? We come here to talk football, not act like it’s the school playground.

Do your research before you make yourself look silly in public please.
My understanding is that it was in recognition of the fact that he had signed professional terms and then left for a transfer fee rather than 'doing a Pogba' and leaving Birmingham City with £300k rather than £30m at a time when they were on the verge of administration.

One great gesture in response to another. Is that correct?

cyberman

Every time I watch Dortmund they are getting cut through the middle.
I’m all for signing top young players but simply being young seems to blind people to flaws

arthurka

Fair point well made.

In that case I’d get in:

ADOF HITLER:
PROS: Good in Europe
CONS: Shit against English opposition

POL POT:
PROS: would take us back to basics.
CONS: prefers to operate in the farmers league

IDI AMIN:
PROS: always has the players ears
COMS: Never available during AFCON.
:lol:

Might add :

Hitler was shit when playing Russian oppositions
Pol Pot underestimated his oppositions
Idi Amin had far to much trust in the medical department

Litch

A very savvy approach @Litch. Of course it’s a huge gamble even if you’re crazy good. If your son still loves it as he’s going through college he could still play at a semi pro level and who knows where it’ll lead? I really like the idea of getting the education and then throwing the kitchen sink at it for a few years from a less demanding level? 99% of the kids are going to be dropping down to that level and without much education or plan B either. You can only feel sorry for families who put all their hopes and dreams into a kid becoming a superstar and for it not to work out for them. I can imagine the rebuilding process to be a bumpy road
Absolutely. Many of the clubs expect you to put all those important matters in their hands even aspects of parenting. They state education is important yet more often than not, you end up at times having to pick between the two. You have to demonstrate to clubs that you are ‘fully committed’ as a family. The training sessions started at 5 which meant leaving work early, couldn’t play for school or boys team. Couldn’t even kick around with his mates. Training through important examines etc. it’s madness. I know parents who have gone part time in order that there sons get to training.

He said enough is enough and we supported his decision. He might not be richer for it but he’s def richer as a person for it,

youmeletsfly

He'd be absolutely mental to come here. Actually, any decent player will be crazy af to come near United anytime soon.(of course, the exception will always be the ones who are after the money)
This season kinda shows how fecked up this club is and quality players will steer away until a lot of the stuff is cleared up.

TheReligion

Abusive
He'd be absolutely mental to come here. Actually, any decent player will be crazy af to come near United anytime soon.(of course, the exception will always be the ones who are after the money)
This season kinda shows how fecked up this club is and quality players will steer away until a lot of the stuff is cleared up.
What a dreadfully bad take on things. Absolute abomination of a post

Walters_19_MuFc

That also depends on the management. Klopps Liverpool side hasn’t ever really had ’dictators’ in midfield. I don’t think this Ten Hag Ajax side does either and those are two incredibly efficient teams who also display some of the highest possession stats in europe right now.
That's a good point.

onemufc

First time hearing him in an interview the other day. Dude speaks like a 35 year old veteran

onemufc

I can't reply to the above post properly as I don't have media privileges yet but yeah that's the interview.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What’s mental, in hindsight, is the worries his camp had that he wouldn’t have got playing time here. He’d have been the first name on the team sheet for midfield, and the biggest concern would’ve been overplaying him!

Unless we get a supremely highly rated coach in who can sell a dream or two, he isn’t even going to look in this direction. The disarray is ongoing and we’re a gamble to join in terms of whether we’re ready to make an ascension or remain the biggest soap opera in the country, if not the world.

JohnnyLaw

I think you're just overlooking certain players...

Henderson averages 64 passes a game, thats 13 more than our most from a midfielder - Fred. Then you have Thiago on top of that with 58.8 and Fabinho with 55.8 all ahead of our players.

Van Dijk, Matip and the fullbacks both make more passes than the midfield. But those numbers above are still high compared to us

Ajax have Alvarez with 66.4 so thats even more than Liverpool. But then their other midfielders are lower like 47 Gravenberch

Kimmich 82, Kroos 84...

Sevilla are 2nd in La Liga and they have Fernando with 51.9 average passes which is around the same as Fred I guess. They have 5th most possession in La Liga and we're 6th in the premier league, so they're probably the team we can actually similar to us but more successful in their league at the moment

Edit - Looking at Pogba specifically in CM/DM he averages 72.4 this season. So when hes actually available and playing its not as much as the top passing midfielders but its still high. Matic 63.5 but has played 8 games so he isnt a first choice for us
I’d argue though the reason for that being that Liverpool and Ajax tactical set ups allow them to dictate games far better than us, despite lacking typical passing metronomes in midfield. While Henderson is a good passer, Thiago is the only player of there that you’d class as such and he’s barely featured more for them than Matic has for us.
So I don’t think it’s the effect of Henderson or Alvarez being some sort of passing metronomes.

Ibrahima Konaté makes more passes than all of our CBs, Varane, Lindelöf and Maguire. Is that because he’s a better passer than all of them?
Doubtful.
Same goes for Robertson and Shaw, Henderson and Pogba.

Konaté and Van Dijk both nearly doubled their passing stats after joining Klopps Liverpool. You can see the effect clearly on Dejan Lovren if you compare before to after Klopps arrival an improvement of over 20 passes per game on average.

No doubt we need better passers than Mctominay, but someone like Tchouameni could increase on his passing output by 30% without being what I’d call a ’dictating’ midfielder.

TheReligion

Abusive
So if an opinion is not something you agree with, it's an abomination of a post.

What the feck is wrong with you people these days.
That’s what a forum is my friend. If you post things like that, on a United forum, expect to get pulled up on it.

I suggest you get thicker skin.

Classical Mechanic

His end product stats are impressive too. 5 goals and 10 assists across the BL, CL & EL. 2 of those goals and 3 assists came in the 4 games he was playing in the wide forward positions.

wolvored

We need to go back to basics and buy young(ish) hungry players who want to come here to try and build up the team.
We should steer clear of buying £70 £80+ milion English players just because they are English. We shouod steer clear of buying players who will sell shirts with no idea how they will fit into the team. We should steer clear of buying or even free transfers of 29+ year olds who come for a fat paycheck.
Lets hope this new regime with Arnold in charge have learned their lesson.

Ekeke

I’d argue though the reason for that being that Liverpool and Ajax tactical set ups allow them to dictate games far better than us, despite lacking typical passing metronomes in midfield. While Henderson is a good passer, Thiago is the only player of there that you’d class as such and he’s barely featured more for them than Matic has for us.
So I don’t think it’s the effect of Henderson or Alvarez being some sort of passing metronomes.

Ibrahima Konaté makes more passes than all of our CBs, Varane, Lindelöf and Maguire. Is that because he’s a better passer than all of them?
Doubtful.

Konaté and Van Dijk both nearly doubled their passing stats after joining Klopps Liverpool. You can see the effect clearly on Dejan Lovren if you compare before to after Klopps arrival an improvement of over 20 passes per game on average.

No doubt we need better passers than Mctominay, but someone like Tchouameni could increase on his passing output by 30% without being what I’d call a ’dictating’ midfielder.
Its about wanting to be given the ball and getting into the position to receive it and do something with it. They do it, other players dont. Doesnt matter what you call it.

TheReligion

Abusive
Is it really? The main draw from united right now (and for a few years) has been money.

Players can’t come here for guaranteed success like they did 15-20 years ago
Yeah it is.

We will have a new manager in the summer and have some top players. We also have the biggest domestic stadium in the country and a rich history.

To suggest good players would be “mental” to come to United is just utter rubbish as far as I’m concerned. Good players will always want paying good money.

The stuff you see on here suggests the club should just call in a day and fold.It’s embarrassing.

Acquire Me

Yeah it is.

We will have a new manager in the summer and have some top players. We also have the biggest domestic stadium in the country and a rich history.

To suggest good players would be “mental” to come to United is just utter rubbish as far as I’m concerned. Good players will always want paying good money.

The stuff you see on here suggests the club should just call in a day and fold.It’s embarrassing.
It’s embarrassing as feck. It’s actually the other way around. It would be mental to not join us.

crossy1686

career ending
If it would be mental for any good player to join us then what’s the point? We might as well fecking fold the club now if that’s our ultimate trajectory.

Some of you just haven’t got the stomach for times that are nothing short of glorious. How do you get through life?

It never stopped Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal from recruiting good players when they were shit. It’s not stopping Newcastle recruiting players and they could go down!

If you’re tired of the negative sentiment around the club, stop contributing to it…

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
My understanding is that it was in recognition of the fact that he had signed professional terms and then left for a transfer fee rather than 'doing a Pogba' and leaving Birmingham City with £300k rather than £30m at a time when they were on the verge of administration.

One great gesture in response to another. Is that correct?

Bang on mate! He comes from a good family, both police I think. His old man Mark Bellingham is a non-league legend himself with over 800 goals. It was the div who was CEO at the time who made that gesture, who’s also recently been sacked for buying his Mrs 20k clobber on the club card!

When Jude. was told he had to be sold, he cried. He didn’t want to go, but understood why. He as given permission to tour the clubs, hence Sir Alex rolled out the red carpet.

He will be the England captain as he is a born leader. The German media and fans can’t believe he does not get in England team.

It’s not fair to measure him against Pogba, as he is similar, but different in so many ways. But if Pogba were to go, Jude would be an excellent replacement, who would offer you a better all-round more constant player. You have to protect Pogba. You wouldn’t need to protect Jude.

The guys saying that he’s overrated are going to absolutely regret it, and I will dig this thread up in a few years time. Whoever sign him, will have that position sewn up for at least 10 years!

TheReligion

Abusive
If it would be mental for any good player to join us then what’s the point? We might as well fecking fold the club now if that’s our ultimate trajectory.

Some of you just haven’t got the stomach for times that are nothing short of glorious. How do you get through life?

It never stopped Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal from recruiting good players when they were shit. It’s not stopping Newcastle recruiting players and they could go down!

If you’re tired of the negative sentiment around the club, stop contributing to it…
Bravo that man!

TheReligion

Abusive
Bang on mate! He comes from a good family, both police I think. His old man Mark Bellingham is a non-league legend himself with over 800 goals. It was the div who was CEO at the time who made that gesture, who’s also recently been sacked for buying his Mrs 20k clobber on the club card!

When Jude. was told he had to be sold, he cried. He didn’t want to go, but understood why. He as given permission to tour the clubs, hence Sir Alex rolled out the red carpet.

He will be the England captain as he is a born leader. The German media and fans can’t believe he does not get in England team.

It’s not fair to measure him against Pogba, as he is similar, but different in so many ways. But if Pogba were to go, Jude would be an excellent replacement, who would offer you a better all-round more constant player. You have to protect Pogba. You wouldn’t need to protect Jude.

The guys saying that he’s overrated are going to absolutely regret it, and I will dig this thread up in a few years time. Whoever sign him, will have that position sewn up for at least 10 years!
Do you think he’ll remember United when it comes to moving from Germany? And the efforts they made etc

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Every time I watch Dortmund they are getting cut through the middle.
I’m all for signing top young players but simply being young seems to blind people to flaws

So what you are saying is he’s making mistakes that lead to goals? That is just not true is it? If you watch the game is closely, and see the lineups, you will see that he is constant starter, whereas the other midfielders are rotated. Dortmund are not perfect at the minute, but he’s definitely in their top two players.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Do you think he’ll remember United when it comes to moving from Germany? And the efforts they made etc
As with the move to Germany, he will make the best move for his career, and then give which team wins the battle, his best. If United make the right moves, he may be tempted. Look, if Klopp is trying to sign a player, then surely he’s worth getting right? Klopp rarely gets it wrong.

He will stay at Dortmund next season I believe, and it give you lot time to make the progress. He was the only Dortmund player to get a rating 8 in the defeat to Rangers. The kid never give up and he’s literally still a kid. He will be a wrecking machine in five years time. He played 40 odd games in the championship at 16 years old. That’s ridiculous in itself.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Doubtful.

I agree with what you're saying.

The likes of Liverpool and Ajax have one key thing in common, and that is they look to play the game in the opponents half with or without the ball. So in such tactical setups, the last line of defence is playing close to the the half way line or inside the opponents half. So by virtue of imposing your game on the opposition, you end up throttling the opposition and controlling the game in and out of possession, which means the CBs are very active both in offensive and defensive transitions, hence having a high number of touches on the ball.

But for the above situations to occur where the team has the capability to transition into a high pressing team. The conditions have to be created by first having a head coach with the vision to implement such a plan, and then to have the the correct profile of players, especially at CB, fullbacks and DM areas, who are strong technically, as well as being strong in 1v1 situations defending a large space.

cyberman

So what you are saying is he’s making mistakes that lead to goals? That is just not true is it? If you watch the game is closely, and see the lineups, you will see that he is constant starter, whereas the other midfielders are rotated. Dortmund are not perfect at the minute, but he’s definitely in their top two players.
No, they became a lot less solid when he came into the side. The fact people think he will shore up our midfield is worrying because he will do nothing of the sort.
It’s not a slight on him, he’s a kid but football doesn’t go lightly in him (or Utd) if we splash out 100m

Classical Mechanic

No, they became a lot less solid when he came into the side. The fact people think he will shore up our midfield is worrying because he will do nothing of the sort.
It’s not a slight on him, he’s a kid but football doesn’t go lightly in him (or Utd) if we splash out 100m
Do you even watch Dortmund play?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I do and it’s very front to back. It’s ok to have a different opinion than to come out with this patronising nonsense.
Well, if you think that Dortmund became more vulnerable when he joined the team, then you missed the complete shitshow their defense has been for years.

Heardy

Yeah it is.

Im not advocating anything close to that.

I’m not saying players would be mental to come to united, but we have to acknowledge that money is than aim draw at the minute.

We have the biggest stadium, but it needs huge money spending on it - our facilities aren’t a tier above as they once were…

Yes we have a rich history, but players care less about that with each passing year. Players want trophies and money, we offer the latter, over the last 5-10 years, other clubs have been able to offer both.

I feel dirty admitting it, but it is something we have to realise is true (sadly).

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Yeah it is.

Top players?

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Yah just Varane, Ronaldo and that mob. League one standard. Doh.
A couple of individuals who are quality but together a hotchpotch of toxic shite. The best players will avoid us like the plague right now and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.