Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

I read his brother Jobe is joining Dortmund from Brum as well from next season. That would indicate Jude isnt going nowhere next season, at least.
I don't think he'd necessarily push for a move himself, more Dortmund wanting to cash in. He's only 18, they could keep him for 4 more seasons, cash in and still make a massive amount.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don't think he'd necessarily push for a move himself, more Dortmund wanting to cash in. He's only 18, they could keep him for 4 more seasons, cash in and still make a massive amount.
They'll cash in on Haaland, Bellingham is going nowhere in the summer.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I agree, I don't think he'll move for a few summers to be fair, probably be 2024/2025.
contract expires 2025 so I think thats unlikey (unless he signs a new contract with a buyout clause?)... I would see summer 2023 being more likley - he will be 20 and probably an england regular with long enough left on his contract they can extract a crazy price from several premier league clubs

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm in no rush for Bellingham.

He seems more like the cherry on top of the cake that the ingredients to the dessert.

I want a good shielding player and then sort out some creativity be that if it comes out from our own system or through transfer.

Finally then improve our pressing player by replacing Fred - then finally in 2024 go for Bellingham.

Scholsey2004

Jude Bellingham is probably the last thing we need right now. We've got lots of very talented young players, what we need is a solid foundation in midfield for them to build from which we dont currently have.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Even if he's better than Sancho we'd still find a way to ruin him.

LuckyScout78

If United get this boy. I think United will get closer to the premier league title in the future. A key factor for future domination.
If he keeps working hard, have right focus and has his feet on the ground. This boy can do everything a offensive and creative cm player can do/nr8.

Sir Alex and United tried really hard to convince him last time. For a good reason after following him. This boy has the engine, drive and guts in him. He has all the ingrediens to become one of the best cm player in the future.
I didnt know much about him when Sir Alex and United tried to get him. But its no doubt about his abilities and qualities. I am impress to be a 18 years of age. And he was really good last year too. At the age of 17.
A normal and positive development will naturally lead to the top of the mountain. Only if you loose your focus, direction, goal and stop working hard. It will lead you on a different negative path.

The football abilities are there. The rest are menatility factors and ingredients = lead to success

Sum up. I am on Bellingham train. I think and recommend United shall try to sign him again in the future. As soon as better;)

Coops73

Looking at the stats from yesterday he was one of the few Dortmund players to give a good account of themselves.

I watched the game yesterday and he was excellent, plays beyond his years, would love him at United with Rice and Bruno.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What's his best position? Would I be correct in saying that, at least at this point in his career anyway, he'd be best as the most attacking of a midfield three with a bit more freedom than the other two? In other words, the same position that Pogba probably should have been getting played in all these years, and that Bruno tends to play for us now.

It could be complete coincidence, but Dortmund seemed to start conceding a lot more goals around the same time that Bellingham became a starter for them. Makes me think that maybe their opposition started getting at their defence a bit easier with him in the midfield. It could absolutely be coincidence and nothing to do with him though, as I'll happily admit I don't think I've seen a full match that Dortmund have played these last two years.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What's his best position? Would I be correct in saying that, at least at this point in his career anyway, he'd be best as the most attacking of a midfield three with a bit more freedom than the other two? In other words, the same position that Pogba probably should have been getting played in all these years, and that Bruno tends to play for us now.

It could be complete coincidence, but Dortmund seemed to start conceding a lot more goals around the same time that Bellingham became a starter for them. Makes me think that maybe their opposition started getting at their defence a bit easier with him in the midfield. It could absolutely be coincidence and nothing to do with him though, as I'll happily admit I don't think I've seen a full match that Dortmund have played these last two years.
He is a quite complete player already. I don't think he should play as the DM, as I am not sure if he has the necessary calmness to shield the defence at all times, but a B2B or CAM role should be absolutely fine, while he is also comfortable playing as a wide midfielder (not a true winger), so I think you are right in your comparison to Pogba.

However it would be wrong to see him as responsible for Dortmund's defense problems. The amount of money wasted and failed transfers (though to be fair sometimes like Zagadou due to unlike injuries) for defense and DM is almost hilarious. I don't really see the more attacking players as responsible for these issues a lot.

Just remember for example that Dortmund had a great run at the end of last season, including winning the cup. How? They had to field almost retired Lukas Pisczcek at RB again, who had his prime ten years ago under Klopp, was simply past it, yet still was the strongest option as Dortmund failed to find a strong RB after Hakimi left - Meunier was absolutely underwhelming.

TheReligion

Abusive
Think he’ll be on the move soon and United will definitely push to get him given the groundwork already put in.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
I am a Birmingham fan. I’ve watched Jude from the age of 15, and I regularly watch him for Dortmund. He can play as a DM, just look at his Birmingham highlights at 16 when he was regaining possession from fully grown hairy arsed Championship players. As said many times, his #22 comes from his ability to play the #4 #8 & #10 positions. He is effective in all 3, but his vision & ability to make space would see him better as an 8 or even a 10.

The kid truly has it all. There is no chink in him what so ever. He got a red a while back, and was straight back in the team. He starts for Dortmund in every game that he’s fit. He’s ahead of the whole Belgian midfield at Dortmund. What does that tell you?

Don’t be arrogant about him, as if you really do watch him, you will know what I’m talking about. DO NOT let this kid go to Liverpool. You WILL regret it. Start banging the drum to get him to United asap.

Re: the Pogba comment. I feel qualified enough to say he’s very similar to Pogba in style. He has that kind of vision, definitely the footwork, but, he’s better defensively. And he’s more consistent.

Classical Mechanic

He's a box to box player but he plays all across the midfield including in wide attacking positions. He'd be perfect for Klopp's Liverpool as an 8 I think. He isn't like Pogba aside from being a bit gangly and skilful. He can't pass like Pogba but he plays with more intensity and is better defensively.

pascell

If they seriously went for him in 2023 they'd be favourites but remains to be seen whether they'd be willing to pay the price tag needed.
I think they've got all other positions covered and they'll probably get a striker in summer and maybe a back up RB. I can see them spending bit on Bellingham after they spent a sizeable amount on Diaz.

Yep:(

Maybe Sancho can have a word my inner muppet says.
I'm not sure Sancho having a word would have any sway unless the stuff behind the scenes at the club improves drastically next season.

The Caff Spraff

I think they've got all other positions covered and they'll probably get a striker in summer and maybe a back up RB. I can see them spending bit on Bellingham after they spent a sizeable amount on Diaz.

I'm not sure Sancho having a word would have any sway unless the stuff behind the scenes at the club improves drastically next season.
another reason I’d like to see ten hag at the club next season, no evidence, just gut feeling, but I think he’d be the kind of manager Bellingham would like to play under and be developed by…. Definitely more chance than poch imo

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's a box to box player but he plays all across the midfield including in wide attacking positions. He'd be perfect for Klopp's Liverpool as an 8 I think. He isn't like Pogba aside from being a bit gangly and skilful. He can't pass like Pogba but he plays with more intensity and is better defensively.
Yeah I think he plays like what United fans thought Pogba was without every watching Pogba. Think people expected some charging box to box physical box to box freak with technical skills to boot, but Pogba is much more elegant and controlled while not being as good defensively as his size would suggest. Also Jude isn't close to the level of passer PP is, Pogba is legit one of the top passers of a football in the world especially creatively.

Status
Not open for further replies.