Julen Lopetegui watch

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Rumours are he's about to be sacked by Spain.
Just can't see how they'd do that, it's not like they play on Monday, they start on Friday evening!

Who is their number two as I doubt they could fly anyone else out in time.

Sambob

I bet the press are very shortly going to be asking 'Who does number two work for?' insert austin powers gif

izec

Wow, he will get sacked :lol:

Shouldnt have taken the job, he will get sacked by Real by the end of the year anyway. With Spain, he could have lasted another few years with a good world cup

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Apparently the players blocked his departure
Rubiales, Hierro, Lopetegui and Ramos are in a meeting altogether apparently. I know Hierro and Ramos are in love with Lopetegui, so that means good news for him.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Some journalists in twitter have said all the captains have backed Lopetegui. The captains are Ramos, Silva, Iniesta and Busquets.

saivet

Never heard of him. But say he wins the World Cup with Spain, he can clearly do a job with elite players.

They didn't have many choices though and well I thought Zidane was gonna flop, so not ruling out this guy from doing a job.

Robertd0803

:lol::lol::lol::lol: as if the rest of Spain needed any more reason to dislike Real this happens a few days before the World Cup.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
The president has said he doesn't mind Madrid signing the coach, but he doesn't like the way he was informed about it, just 15 minutes before the announcement.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well at least now he can't tap up De Gea:lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No matter how good Spain players are, they are human and this will affect them so would scrub Spain off the potential winners list.

This is something an African nation would do, likes of Nigeria and Cameroon have sacked their manager just before world cups.

Imagine Lopetegui having to fly back in shame now, what a wierd moment that will be.

Who is Spain assistant manager?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Holy shit :lol:

Bet they win the World Cup now though

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I think I might actually like the decision.

Smores

So fecking small time and petty. Whoever has made that decision should be gone

Zoo

Hahaha. Why would Dave want to join those snakes?

well done Florentino

Castia

Sacked 2 days before their opening WC match.....fecking hell.

Why Madrid thought it would be a good idea to announce this days before the WC is crazy they could have stayed quiete for a few weeks.

Ffs I’ve backed Spain as well

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I was counting on France to self destruct. Fair play to the Spaniards to up the stakes.

kentafuji

Typical, the day after i pull Spain in the works World Cup sweepstakes. :D

Del Bosque should come back and do them a favour

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Serious question, how vital will a manager be for Spain at this point anyway? The players are well experienced and already know the system to play.

Get a well respected coach from the national team backroom staff and appoint him I guess.

Castia

Serious question, how vital will a manager be for Spain at this point anyway? The players are well experienced and already know the system to play.

Get a well respected coach from the national team backroom staff and appoint him I guess.

1 day before it begins? Fecking huge they have zero chance now.

Imagine the locker room everybody will be in shock.

Absolutely crazy decision two days before their opening game! The Madrid circus marches on.

Canagel

I was counting on France to self destruct. Fair play to the Spaniards to up the stakes.
Yeah. This is something we've come to know the French for doing in the past but this has probably topped everything.