Julian Draxler | Official: Sold to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I like him but he is a similar player to Martial and we don't need that.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The guy isnt good enough, but I dont think it's because has no work ethic per se. Blind and Mourinho have both expressed this seasom that he works hard, but as a fan of him, it's still obvious that he isnt good enough at the moment, hence why he doesnt get picked whilst we have Lingard, Martial, Rooney, Mata, Miki, Rashford playing in the positions he can play in.
Perhaps work ethic wasn't the right term. He obviously hasn't gotten to this stage in his career by not putting in the legwork. As I say, I'm only basing it from what I see on the pitch, and I am a fan of him too, and I really want him to make it, and for him to make it here (though it looks more unlikely with each passing game where he doesn't even make the bench), but you often see him just sort of slump his shoulders and trot around looking a bit disinterested. I think guys like Rashford and Lingard - whilst both being flawed and raw - they definitely have a lot of huff and puff about them, which Mourinho seems to like in his attacking players.

I'd love for Memphis to go on loan to Everton in January and smash it. Score goals and get some confidence, then come back and be the player we originally wanted him to be. He's definitely talented. From reading comments made about Draxler, it looks like he is in a similar position. Supremely talented, but perhaps not in the right place mentally to really kick on and take his opportunities. He needs the right sort of manager who is probably going to put an arm around him and make him feel like he's the best.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
If they were open to a straight swap, Memphis for Draxler I would go for it. I know Draxler cost more than Memphis but they're going to have to take a hit on him now. We'd have nothing to lose in this deal plus it would mean both players get fresh starts which benefits their careers. These kind of deals rarely occur though.

Keegs

Extremely talented would take him in a heartbeat if there's anybody who can sort out an attitude problem it's Mourinho.

Dave46

Suspended from Wolfsburg. Please get him. Him, Miki, Martial Mata, Lingard, Rooney. Good mix for 3 spots.

Rashford should back up Ibra.

Draxler is very good and United can afford him easily.

Loublaze

ATLien
Suspended from Wolfsburg. Please get him. Him, Miki, Martial Mata, Lingard, Rooney. Good mix for 3 spots.

Rashford should back up Ibra.

Draxler is very good and United can afford him easily.
He could be our De Bruyne

TheSweeper

I don't understand why our fans seriously care about the money we spend as a club. Is it like we are struggling to stay within profits?

Draxler actually reminds me possibly what Jose deems to be a more direct & aggressive version of Juan Mata that can play AM ( whilst he has 2 seasons as RM in a row).

I would actually give this a go because;

A) what do we have to lose
B) we would never buy him without having a plan for him ( no more bebe)
C) Draxler is actually someone who played beyond his years. He hasn't improved all that much partly because he hasn't had a club to improve at.
D) I personally think he would be our Lampard type player with the added ability to roam through the wings occasionally.
E) Pogba, Draxler, Ibrahimovic scoring from distance? Gk's better look out!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ibra scored against Bournemouth and depending on how you define long shots, Pogba had 2
What were Pogba's two? The volley vs Swansea(?) and the one in the Europa? Both were literally just outside the box. Ibrahimovic's was though, I forgot that.

Fraud

He will perform better than De Meme. Mark my words.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Drackler really has massive massiver potential that he hasn't put together yet. He's got great control, can pick a pass, very good dribbler, 6'2, strong, powerful with a cracking shot on him. He had a season when he was 19 when he was scoring for fun and hasn't replicated it yet but still had all those facets. He needs the right coach to have patience with him, pair him with technical players that bring the best out of his game in an attacking. Hopefully that's Arsene Wenger. But we probably aren't signing anyone in Jan, Wenger type player though.

Not a Mourinho signing for my money. Klopp will probably fancy him, would be perfect for Spurs.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Balls, reading through this thread it seems the Draxman is more trouble than he's worth. LFC are linked with him according to the Times (Paul Joyce who knows his stuff). Between us and PSG, i.e. between ambition and greed.

We definitely need more skill, silky football and goals up front. Just don't want the additional hassle.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Balls, reading through this thread it seems the Draxman is more trouble than he's worth. LFC are linked with him according to the Times (Paul Joyce who knows his stuff). Between us and PSG, i.e. between ambition and greed.

We definitely need more skill, silky football and goals up front. Just don't want the additional hassle.
What? Going to PSG over Liverpool is not chosing ambition over greed. PSG are a top side, get over it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Surely he can be greedy and ambitious with the same move?

PSG are richer and better.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football

He's pretty much as often injured as fit, and he's drunken by his own magnificence, to put it mildly. He moaned publicly on a regular basis that his coaches at Schalke and Wolfsburg didn't play him often in his preferred position (#10 it is). Therefore, I'm not convinced about the links to you. Klopp doesn't favor players who take themselves more important than the team.

Morpheus 7

He's a very quick talented player and is only 23. However, he's an absolute cnut. He would be chatting about leaving the minute he got here. A real sulky fecker and would create negativity the moment he didn't start. We need team player's here at United now. People that are going to work hard to prove themselves. Memphis and Januzaj have bags of talent but a terrible attitude. Good player but would definitely be concerned if he came.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Sounds like Balloteli mark II. Does sound surprising if Klopp is even considering it in that case (thus surprised at Joyce of all people coming out with this).

As for those questioning Liverpool vs PSG, one is in a one-team league albeit a big club. The other league has Klopp, Pep, Mourinho, Conte, Wenger and Poch all battling out for FOUR CL spots. If Draxler has ambitions he can see what he has to offer to keep Klopp in one of those four coveted positions. That's ambition right there with butter and sugar on.

Or he could go to PSG, where they are struggling in a one team league with future manager-unknown. Where even Ibrahimovic chose to leave CL football to play in Europa. :D

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's a very quick talented player and is only 23. However, he's an absolute cnut. He would be chatting about leaving the minute he got here. A real sulky fecker and would create negativity the moment he didn't start. We need team player's here at United now. People that are going to work hard to prove themselves. Memphis and Januzaj have bags of talent but a terrible attitude. Good player but would definitely be concerned if he came.
How do you know that Memphis and Adnan have this, 'terrible attitude?'

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sounds like Balloteli mark II. Does sound surprising if Klopp is even considering it in that case (thus surprised at Joyce of all people coming out with this).

As for those questioning Liverpool vs PSG, one is in a one-team league albeit a big club. The other league has Klopp, Pep, Mourinho, Conte, Wenger and Poch all battling out for FOUR CL spots. If Draxler has ambitions he can see what he has to offer to keep Klopp in one of those four coveted positions. That's ambition right there with butter and sugar on.

Or he could go to PSG, where they are struggling in a one team league with future manager-unknown. Where even Ibrahimovic chose to leave CL football to play in Europa. :D
Or he could have ambition to deliver PSG their UCL over trying to win a top4 fake trophy

Crossie

Supports
@Dumbstar
Just checked with relatives of mine who are Wolfsburg fans what the local papers are saying about Draxler's destination. Seems as if local journos are convinced that it is most likely PSG with Arsenal having an outsider chance. No mentioning of Liverpool whatsoever.

Abizzz

I still rate him even though I was disappointed by his move to Wolfsburg. He clearly isn't in the Hazard, Sanchez, De Bruyne bracket quality wise, but I still think he would improve any team in Germany outside of Dortmund and Bayern, and any team in England other than Chelsea (and possibly Spurs). He won't turn a contender into a champion though (at this point in his career) and his next move needs to be on the money if he wants to come close to fulfilling his potential. I think a team like Everton would suit him well (as in enough quality but not too much pressure), where he could play off a striker like Lukaku and set him up quite a bit too. He'd have to convince Wolfsburg to drop his price though, which would probably be difficult.

ghagua

Damn shame that we are not in for him, love watching him play. There is something so elegant about him when he is on the pitch. Reminds me of Kaka in the way he plays.

Morpheus 7

How do you know that Memphis and Adnan have this, 'terrible attitude?'
Tuchel said Adnan never embraced Dortmund and compared everything to United. I would call that a bad attitude when he needed to prove himself. David Moyes also said he needs to stop blaming everybody else at the start of the season(which is rich coming from him I know but still). The Memphis situation is slightly different. He keeps posting shit on instagram/twitter making comments when with the national team like being a loaded gun ect.. Maybe terrible is overstating Depay's attitude but it's far from good. For a man that can't get on the field he has a very flashy lifestyle off it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't really get the Januzaj or Depay comparisons, unlike them Draxler has already shown a lot, both in the BL and CL. Just not consistently.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Sounds like PSG are signing him for around £30 million.

Crossie

Supports
Tuchel said Adnan never embraced Dortmund and compared everything to United. I would call that a bad attitude when he needed to prove himself. David Moyes also said he needs to stop blaming everybody else at the start of the season(which is rich coming from him I know but still). The Memphis situation is slightly different. He keeps posting shit on instagram/twitter making comments when with the national team like being a loaded gun ect.. Maybe terrible is overstating Depay's attitude but it's far from good. For a man that can't get on the field he has a very flashy lifestyle off it.
I think this wasn't Tuchel's main point of criticism. More importantly, he said:
"Sadly, he wasn't in it with the motivation and attitude you need to further yourself at this age."
ETA: Sorry, corect link is this one http://www.espnfc.com/english-premi...j-lacked-motivation-at-dortmund-thomas-tuchel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.