Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

jesperjaap

I remember lot of people talking about Villa Boas as the next thing. 33-34 year old when he took over Chelsea after treble in Portugal including Europa League. Look how it went for him after signing for Chelsea.
Having talent don’t mean that you will be great as a manager. Thats why I say that people should take it easy. Specially when you don’t have anything to show on CV except talent. He might become the grestest or he might be forgotten in 2 years time. We will see.
Of course you are right. What do you expect on his CV from Hoffenheim and Leipzig though, trophies? He has saved Hoffenheim from relegation in his first few months, talen them to 4th in the league, there highest ever finish, he has got Leipzig into the semis of the champions league, they could reach the final or win it.
Yes it is early in his career, but saying he has nothing on his cv but talent is horseradish

Eddy_JukeZ

Caf's favourite elite hipster manager got schooled tonight.
Helps when the other manager has the best attacking trio in the world.

Semi-finals of the Champions League is still an incredible achievement.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ah, are we going to do that thing when we write off managers/teams/players after one bad game?

AshRK

Not a great display tonight but He is a promising coach. I hope for his own sake he stays at RBL for another season or two before making the big jump.

Godfather

Ah, are we going to do that thing when we write off managers/teams/players after one bad game?
Especially after having an incredible run in the CL and going out to a team that's ten times more worth than yours.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not a great display tonight but He is a promising coach. I hope for his own sake he stays at RBL for another season or two before making the big jump.
He's a phenomenal coach for me. It's outstanding how far he's taken both Hoffenheim and Leipzig. I'd love him here at United one day, before City or Liverpool go at him anyway.

Thomas Tuchel would be proud as he's the one who told Nagalsmann to consider coaching in the first place :lol:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Yes, he is trash. Today's game made that obvious.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
His allure took abit of a hit tonight. Many people will have watched his team for the first every time tonight and only seen a team totally out of their depth and showing very little.

I expected his players to look outclassed individually, because they are all inferior players to PSG. But I also saw nothing in the team framework, no signs of ‘being well coached’ or no seductive ‘patterns of play’ whatsoever.

Might be time for him to leave RBL and get a find himself a bigger canvas. Doubt he can take this RBL team much further and once the vultures steal all the young talent, he could end up like Eddie Howe etc.

Nick7

His allure took abit of a hit tonight. Many people will have watched his team for the first every time tonight and only seen a team totally out of their depth and showing very little.

I expected his players to look outclassed individually, because they are all inferior players to PSG. But I also saw nothing in the team framework, no signs of ‘being well coached’ or no seductive ‘patterns of play’ whatsoever.

Might be time for him to leave RBL and get a find himself a bigger canvas. Doubt he can take this RBL team much further and once the vultures steal all the young talent, he could end up like Eddie Howe etc.
That’s utter bollocks :lol: he’s made the Champions League semi final in his first year with them. You’re acting like he got them knocked out in a qualifying game.

Holocene

This has to be satirical.

He's just taken Leipzig to a Champions League semifinal.... in his first season with the club.

RedNed77

Caf's favourite elite hipster manager got schooled tonight.
So, is he still the second coming? They’ve been done tactically, defensively they looked grim, offensively they barely created a thing. They were utter shit from front to back.

el3mel

Absolutely incredible progress. Guy is a top manager in the making.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
33 year old coach lost CL semi against a team with about four times the budget. His career is basically over...
Even Guardiola might dream of getting to taste a CL semifinal defeat again ffs..

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes I am. I watched the game to assess if he is suitable for Manchester United right now, as many have claimed.

Not a chance.
I cant tell if this is stupidity or sarcasm so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes I am. I watched the game to assess if he is suitable for Manchester United right now, as many have claimed.

Not a chance.
Not saying he’s suitable as I want Ole to stay, but it was one game for goodness sake :lol:

Holocene

It's his first season with RBL, so he can't take the credit for all of that progress. But its a great achievement regardless and looks like a top manager in the making.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So, is he still the second coming? They’ve been done tactically, defensively they looked grim, offensively they barely created a thing. They were utter shit from front to back.
I agree. The team offered nothing.

mu4c_20le

This has to be satirical.

He's just taken Leipzig to a Champions League semifinal.... in his first season with the club.
I like him but... he basically beat one of the worst Spurs and Atletico sides in recent times. Disappointed that his team hardly put up a fight today.

Gomes

Another manager that is attacked because some people have mentioned he is better than you know who.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

His Hoffenheim run is just as impressive - took them over languishing at 17th place in Bundasliga(7 points from safety!), kept them up after 14 games and got them in top 4 in his first full season. His win % with a piss poor broken team was 40.44% before he moved on to RB Leipzig.

Eddy_JukeZ

I like him but... he basically beat one of the worst Spurs and Atletico sides in recent times. Disappointed that his team hardly put up a fight today.
You can only beat who's in front of you.

No one thought they'd be in the semifinals before the season.

el3mel

So I guess this will turn into a thread that will get bumped each time he losses to slaughter him then ?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not saying he’s suitable as I want Ole to stay, but it was one game for goodness sake :lol:
Read the keep or sack ole thread. Loads of posters have been insulting for ole and anyone who supports him and footballing Neanderthals and this hipster dude has been presented as the solution.

not neggelsman fauky they have hijacked him, but in that context, I didn’t see it!