Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
For winning nothing?
His achievements with Hoffenheim and Leipzig are more difficult and impressive than what, Juande Ramos winning an FA Cup with Spurs or even Sarri winning Serie A with Juventus. Some cups are easy to win when you have ridiculous squads - it's an insufficient barometer to apply to a manager.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
My opinion is seen throughout, I made the damn thread. And every sensible neutral would know to judge a manager outside an isolated game.

FFS that's brilliant :lol:
Oh i see. You are the original fan boy. Well he ain’t that good. I’d get a refund if I were you. Try harder

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I

I have zero interest in RBL and the latest fad managers. None at all.

But Nagellsman fanboys have been polluting this forum with all sorts of claims and theories. And very rudely dismissing OGS and demanding Nagelsman be given the job. Even in this thread, people claiming I know shit just because I won’t unzip and recognise his genius.

This is the context.

He seems to have achieved a lot, albeit he has been coaching since mid 20s. Long way to go.
You think Ole would have done better against PSG with Leipzig?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
If you knew nothing about either team and watched this game, what would your outcome be.
The reasonable response is: you would suspend this overeager judgement, because this is one single game in an unusual situation (the CL semifinal - the second biggest game in club football after the actual final).

I mean, if you watched this one game and conclude that obviously everybody else in football is an idiot, because this one game shows that Nagelsmann is crap - don't you think your logic is a little soft there?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
There’s a huge difference between pointing out Leipzig were poor tactically today and what sammsky is doing. It’s disingenuous to suggest that’s what’s happening in this thread.
I see your point but after the AM game the Ole thread was full of United fans asking for Ole to be replaced by this guy immediately. Now as a response we are seeing overreaction on the other side.
The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

However as with every manager and team it’s much easier to be the underdog and do well but the task becomes much harder when you are at a big club and not the underdog anymore.

Let’s see how he does over the next 2-3 years first before coming to any conclusions.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Good manager shocking performance the kind of thing Ole out “fans” would slaughter him for.

One day he’ll be at a bigger club but he’s not the messiah.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I

But Nagellsman fanboys have been polluting this forum with all sorts of claims and theories. And very rudely dismissing OGS and demanding Nagelsman be given the job. Even in this thread, people claiming I know shit just because I won’t unzip and recognise his genius.

This is the context.

He seems to have achieved a lot, albeit he has been coaching since mid 20s. Long way to go.
He's been praised on this thread long before Ole became manager you absolute lemon

el3mel

I

This is the context.

As I said, everyone is entitled to his opinion. They can believe he's better than Ole and want him here and you're free to believe this is bollocks. Only thing I'm saying is you can believe Ole is better and we shouldn't get him any time and still give him credit for what he achieved in such young as well, nothing prevents this. That's all I'm talking about.

pascell

For winning nothing?
I say I agree with you, although I feel Nagelsmann is on the periphery of being a top manager and that's not bad at all for a 33 year old manager. Youngest manager to reach a CL SF, that'll be a great experience and learning curve for him.

When the dust settles on a managers career, they're mainly judged on what they've won, not how they played.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Crying hipster over and over again while trying to turn this into some great victory for Solskjaer is not expressing criticism, it's more like a meltdown.
See my response above.

Nick7

I see your point but after the AM game the Ole thread was full of United fans asking for Ole to be replaced by this guy immediately. Now as a response we are seeing overreaction on the other side.
The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

However as with every manager and team it’s much easier to be the underdog and do well but the task becomes much harder when you are at a big club and not the underdog anymore.

Let’s see how he does over the next 2-3 years first before coming to any conclusions.
Sure, and there’s a very good conversation to be had there about his performances as manager over his career and this game tonight. It’s a shame that conversation can’t happen.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
His achievements with Hoffenheim and Leipzig are more difficult and impressive than what, Juande Ramos winning an FA Cup with Spurs or even Sarri winning Serie A with Juventus. Some cups are easy to win when you have ridiculous squads - it's an insufficient barometer to apply to a manager.
So that means Ole is a top manager because what he achieved in United to finish 3rd, 3 semi final in a year all comp with lot of average players is more difficult and impressive as well. And what Rodgers did with Liverpool & Leicester is also better so he's a top manager.

Come on mate, Nagelsmann is a promising manager but not top manager yet, there are more into it to be top manager. What he did was very good, in Leipzig he inherit a squad that was built by Ralph Hasenhüttl which is playing the exact same playing style as Nagelsmann. The big test hasn't come enough yet so he's not yet to be called top manager.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
As I said, everyone is entitled to his opinion. They can believe he's better than Ole and want him here and you're free to believe this is bollocks. Only thing I'm saying is you can believe Ole is better and we shouldn't get him any time and still give him credit for what he achieved in such young as well, nothing prevents this. That's all I'm talking about.
Honestly it’s the first ever time I’ve committed time to him and his team. I didn’t see anything to get excited about.

but as I also wrote. He does seem to have achieved a lot in a short space of time. One to watch: let’s see what gig he gets next.

He'sRaldo

He is clearly miles behind OGS, in character and tactical sophistication
You do know Ole managed outside United as well and we can also check that record?

Comparing the two isn't your best interests so no idea why you went down that route.

Last edited:

He'sRaldo

Come on mate, Nagelsmann is a promising manager but not top manager yet, there are more into it to be top manager. What he did was very good, in Leipzig he inherit a squad that was built by Ralph Hasenhüttl which is playing the exact same playing style as Nagelsmann. The big test hasn't come enough yet so he's not yet to be called top manager.
I agree with this, he does need to do more to be considered top bracket.

Right now he's very promising, but there are still question marks.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So that means Ole is a top manager because what he achieved in United to finish 3rd, 3 semi final in a year all comp with lot of average players is more difficult and impressive as well. And what Rodgers did with Liverpool & Leicester is also better so he's a top manager.

Come on mate, Nagelsmann is a promising manager but not top manager yet, there are more into it to be top manager. What he did was very good, in Leipzig he inherit a squad that was built by Ralph Hasenhüttl which is playing the exact same playing style as Nagelsmann. The big test hasn't come yet so he's not yet to be called top manager.
None of your managers took a team languishing at 17th and brought them to top 4 within a season. And none of your managers took a club that was founded 11 years ago into the semi finals of the Champions League within 1 year. Hasenhüttl did an ace job, but that doesn't really take anything away from the fact that Nagelsmann has done brilliantly too. Sure he's a work in progress, but he's quite obviously a top manager in my eyes (top manager being subjective in definition it appears. You look at it as winning something, whereas I don't solely rely on that if a manager hasn't been equipped to be expected to do this). Top clubs are already after him, and his achievements are fecking impressive.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You're wasting your energy with this poster.
Just put the troll on ignore. There's no point in engaging in conversation.
Oh I’m sorry: was this a fanboys only thread?

don’t worry, my first ever visit and I’ll be gone soon. but I’m sure we’ll all meet in the keep or sack ole thread when you propose this chap to replace Ole again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Oh I’m sorry: was this a fanboys only thread?

don’t worry, my first ever visit and I’ll be gone soon. but I’m sure we’ll all meet in the keep or sack ole thread when you propose this chap to replace Ole again.
I think its mainly you that keeps bringing this back to a comparison vs Ole, which is really weird.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not until he manages top players, imo. Even with Tuchel I think the jury is still out.
That's fine - it's a title that's subjective to interpretation and opinion. I don't really argue with your point of view as there is logic behind it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
None of your managers took a team languishing at 17th and brought them to top 4 within a season. And none of your managers took a club that was founded 11 years ago into the semi finals of the Champions League within 1 year. Hasenhüttl did an ace job, but that doesn't really take anything away from the fact that Nagelsmann has done brilliantly too. Sure he's a work in progress, but he's quite obviously a top manager in my eyes (top manager being subjective in definition it appears. You look at it as winning something, whereas I don't solely rely on that if a manager hasn't been equipped to be expected to do this). Top clubs are already after him, and his achievements are fecking impressive.
Let’s see which ‘top team’ hires him next shall we? Won’t be Manchester United I can tell you that!

RooneyLegend

Very little he could've done. It doesn't help when your players gift goals to the opposition. Should've set them up better to defend the set pieces but that's about it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The Hasenhüttl comparison is just clueless. He didn't build Leipzig, Rangnick did, the same Rangnick who let go of Hasenhüttl and stepped back into a coaching role for a year just so he could sign Nagelsmann a year in advance, before Bayern or Dortmund had the chance.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ah, are we going to do that thing when we write off managers/teams/players after one bad game?
No but as per usual when it comes to other teams the caf faithful go overboard after good games but after the bad games the same people turn a blind eye to it. If people are going to hyberbole one way after positive results, expect others to hyperbole the other way after negative results.

He's undoubtably the most promising young manager around but all this talk of him being the second coming, walking into any job he wants and being successful is pretty premature and hyperbole. People were saying the same things about AVB a decade ago and where is he even now? Hype can land you the big jobs but equally can set you up for failure if you don't live up to the massive expectations. Let this guy develop naturally and bigger teams will come knocking soon.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You are weirdly insecure about Ole. God knows why.
I explained in one of my post above. Nagelsman is only on my radar because some of his admirers are demanding my club sack ole for him. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Anyways I had a look. Have learned whatever I need to. Am off now and won’t be coming back so will leave you alone in your thread. Thanks for having me!

He'sRaldo

I understand what you mean.

It's like Mbappe. When did he transition from wonderkid to top player? Some would argue that he always was a top player performance-wise, but needed achievements and being a key player for a top club to prove it.

I think the same can be said for Nagelsmann. He has to go through the routine of managing a bigger club and winning some major silverware before he can get that label, but he may not have changed that much compared to how he is right now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I explained in one of my post above. Nagelsman is only on my radar because some of his admirers are demanding my club sack ole for him. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Anyways I had a look. Have learned whatever I need to.

Am off so will leave you alone in your thread. Thanks for having me!
You had a look on one game :lol:

I wonder if some sap similar to you decided to test how Ole was against Huddersfield last season, or against Barcelona. Anyway thanks for the cameo, you won't be missed.

E-mal

You are weirdly insecure about Ole. God knows why.
He's Norwegian, a bit of xenophobia there?
RBL look a well coached team with inferior players. I won't mind him if Ole is not up to it.

passing-wind

A better manager than Ole for me has certainly ascended to greater heights. I really don't credit Solskjaer hugely for winning the league with Molde that's like the charity shield of recognition.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
None of your managers took a team languishing at 17th and brought them to top 4 within a season. And none of your managers took a club that was founded 11 years ago into the semi finals of the Champions League within 1 year. Hasenhüttl did an ace job, but that doesn't really take anything away from the fact that Nagelsmann has done brilliantly too. Sure he's a work in progress, but he's quite obviously a top manager. Top clubs are already after him, and his achievements are fecking impressive.
Ralph Hasenhüttl had tougher job to build the team who just got promoted. He took in charge a promotion team in his first season and finished to 2nd place right away in Bundesliga. Nagelsmann took in charge a team who finished 3rd last year and end up finishing the same place 3rd this year. He inherit a good squad of players that was built by Hasenhüttl who has the exact same style.

He's not obvious top manager, he's just promising manager. You need to be judged with how you build your team, your man management and winning trophies, not just a playing style alone.